• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's entirely possible that Zaza might get replaced entirely in the rotation, depending on how good Bell is upon his return. Javale has been a nice boost to the starting lineup. If anything he just brings some energy the Warriors have been lacking and an additional rim protector.

David West has been great all year and isn't going anywhere. That leaves Zaza and Bell. Zaza is effective at times, but Bell is much more explosive and provides more defense. But Zaza is a proven vet and Bell is still an unproven (for the most part) rookie.

I think McCaw will probably get cut out of the rotation entirely upon his return. The Warriors need that Swaggy that we saw against the Thunder. We need an additional scorer off the bench because Livingston and Iguodala arent' doing much these days. Actually if McCaw had been just halfway decent on offense, there's a real chance he could have taken over Livingston's spot this year. That's how bad I think Livingston has been.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all believers now, or do I need to stick another pin in this mother fucker?

il_570xN.875382910_ruwx.jpg

#MeccaMagic
:clap:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's entirely possible that Zaza might get replaced entirely in the rotation, depending on how good Bell is upon his return. Javale has been a nice boost to the starting lineup. If anything he just brings some energy the Warriors have been lacking and an additional rim protector.

David West has been great all year and isn't going anywhere. That leaves Zaza and Bell. Zaza is effective at times, but Bell is much more explosive and provides more defense. But Zaza is a proven vet and Bell is still an unproven (for the most part) rookie.

I think McCaw will probably get cut out of the rotation entirely upon his return. The Warriors need that Swaggy that we saw against the Thunder. We need an additional scorer off the bench because Livingston and Iguodala arent' doing much these days. Actually if McCaw had been just halfway decent on offense, there's a real chance he could have taken over Livingston's spot this year. That's how bad I think Livingston has been.
Hmmmm, I wonder which one of us said early on this season that Pachulia should be coming off the bench & McGee starting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, I wonder which one of us said early on this season that Pachulia should be coming off the bench & McGee starting.

Different times, different season. Context matters.

edit: I'm referring you saying Javale needed to start last year.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different times, different season. Context matters.

edit: I'm referring you saying Javale needed to start last year.
I said it this year my friend. And you replied that Pachulia is better with the starters.

IMO no rim protection is why they fall behind most of the time. With Pachulia starting it allows the other team to establish a rhythm with going to the hole and/or paint plays. McGee helps with that a TON.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it this year my friend. And you replied that Pachulia is better with the starters.

IMO no rim protection is why they fall behind most of the time. With Pachulia starting it allows the other team to establish a rhythm with going to the hole and/or paint plays. McGee helps with that a TON.

You said it last year also, which I defended against. This year there was no reason to change it up to begin the year if it worked last year. The teams lethargy and effort level was terrible this year as opposed to last year, which sparked the change. It wasn't because Kerr came to a realization McGee is better. It's what the team needs at the moment.

I don't think you've mentioned it any time recently when McGee was totally out of the rotation. I don't recall seeing you post at that time how you though Javale should be starting.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it last year also, which I defended against. This year there was no reason to change it up to begin the year if it worked last year. The teams lethargy and effort level was terrible this year as opposed to last year, which sparked the change. It wasn't because Kerr came to a realization McGee is better. It's what the team needs at the moment.

I don't think you've mentioned it any time recently when McGee was totally out of the rotation. I don't recall seeing you post at that time how you though Javale should be starting.

You know, you guys are really disrespectful.

The rest of the NBA fandoms are such a non issue, threat wise, that you've resorted to Warriors on Warriors violence.

That's some real disrespectful shit.

giphy.gif

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you guys are really disrespectful.

The rest of the NBA fandoms are such a non issue, threat wise, that you've resorted to Warriors on Warriors violence.

That's some real disrespectful shit.

giphy.gif

@LAD knows I love her. We just disagree on a lot of shit when it pertains to the Warriors. I ain't mad at her though.

:suds:

Reactions: LAD

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patty Mills took the high road as usual.

He is one of the nicest and classiest guys in the league.

He grew up as a minority in Australia where his heritage has been disparaged and marginalized for decades. So, he has some thick skin. Racism can be really bad in Australia. It is not just an american thing.

But, I dont think he was expecting a drunken racist taunt like that here in the States at a basketball game.
NBA games are generally by far and away the most cosmopolitan and socially aware sporting events.

Cleveland responded well. They were not amused by it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I figured as much that you wouldn't remember I have said McGee should be starting instead of Pachulia. But obviously McGee IS better than Pachulia at a few minor things such as rebounding & shot blocking - probably no big deal though. :dhd:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams gonna start deploying their goons.

I'm wondering how smart was it that they're telling the media they're gunning for him instead of just doing it. SMH

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling the Kings are gonna win tonight.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering how smart was it that they're telling the media they're gunning for him instead of just doing it. SMH
Meh.....they will just have the guys on 10 day contracts give him a little extra business under the basket.

Clearly extras aren't a issue for the NBA or Zsa Zsa would be fined, suspended.

You reap what you sow.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.....they will just have the guys on 10 day contracts give him a little extra business under the basket.

Clearly extras aren't a issue for the NBA or Zsa Zsa would be fined, suspended.

You reap what you sow.
Oh I don't disagree about Pachulia (even though I don't think the injury to Kawhi was intentional). From what I saw last night I don't think that was intentional either - I just think Russell was being extra as usual. Having said that, there have been other times during this season in particular where I felt Pachulia has done some intentional things to other players. I'm not mad if they release him and/or don't bring him back next season.

But, I also think Russell "doin too much" Westbrook intentionally fouled Klay pretty hard after he didn't get the call he wanted on the offensive end. That could've ended bad had he been half an inch closer to Klay IMO (because the momentum of his weight could've pushed Klay into the stands)