• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with her views. I see similar views throughout the day from people who work at CBS, FOX, or local newspapers. ESPN is the only one with an issue. I would never want to work at a company who controls my opinion when I'm not on the air/on company time. Seems extremely ridiculous.

She was reprimanded what.......2-3 weeks ago? Not sure where you work but if you go against what your boss says.......you suffer the consequences.

PS: On this topic, we're in the same boat as far as opinions are concerned. On the content itself.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Mitchell & Kyle Kuzma > NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was reprimanded what.......2-3 weeks ago? Not sure where you work but if you go against what your boss says.......you suffer the consequences.

PS: On this topic, we're in the same boat as far as opinions are concerned. On the content itself.

Exactly. Whether one agrees with the content of what she said or not, the fact remains that, whatever job you have, if you go against your boss, there are likely to be consequences.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences that what you say may bring.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Whether one agrees with the content of what she said or not, the fact remains that, whatever job you have, if you go against your boss, there are likely to be consequences.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences that what you say may bring.

I still hate you.

:lol:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is going to make Randle expendable.

Trade him.....!!!!!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuzma is going to make Randle expendable.

Trade him.....!!!!!!!

I read in the paper this morning that the Lakers trust in Nance and the emergence of Kuzma could get Magic and Pelinka to be willing to include him in a trade.

On the other hand, the way the 3 play and with Luke looking like he's about "positionless basketball" he may still be able to contribute. Last night, Randle and Kuzma were on the court at the same time for a couple of stretches and it seemed to work fine.

None of the 3 are typical PF's and have different skills, so it would make sense that they could be on the floor at the same time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike the Cavs, going to be hard to not root for IT. He is totally right about the Ainge

"I've been looking at this wall for five hours," Celtics coach Brad Stevens texted Thomas after the trade, "trying to figure out what to say to you." When Sacramento let Thomas walk in 2014, he left town telling himself, "F--- Sacramento. I'm about to kill those dudes." When Phoenix exiled him the following winter, he pledged, "O.K., now they're gonna get it." But there will be no revenge tour this time. "Boston is going to be all love," he vows, with one exception. "I might not ever talk to Danny again. That might not happen. I'll talk to everybody else. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don't do that, bro. That's not right. I'm not saying eff you. But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, 'We made a mistake.' That's what they'll say, too."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike the Cavs, going to be hard to not root for IT. He is totally right about the Ainge

"I've been looking at this wall for five hours," Celtics coach Brad Stevens texted Thomas after the trade, "trying to figure out what to say to you." When Sacramento let Thomas walk in 2014, he left town telling himself, "F--- Sacramento. I'm about to kill those dudes." When Phoenix exiled him the following winter, he pledged, "O.K., now they're gonna get it." But there will be no revenge tour this time. "Boston is going to be all love," he vows, with one exception. "I might not ever talk to Danny again. That might not happen. I'll talk to everybody else. But what he did, knowing everything I went through, you don't do that, bro. That's not right. I'm not saying eff you. But every team in this situation comes out a year or two later and says, 'We made a mistake.' That's what they'll say, too."

Can I wait until Lebron's a Laker (or at least gone from Cleveland) to root for IT? :dhd:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That whole article was a good read. Loved the story of him asking the neighbors to use their hoop and the husband says "I think that's the Cavs new PG" and the wife is like "nah, he's too small"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole article was a good read. Loved the story of him asking the neighbors to use their hoop and the husband says "I think that's the Cavs new PG" and the wife is like "nah, he's too small"

Great article. I'm rooting for him, obviously bc he is on the Cavs, but even if he moves on from the Cavs. A tough man.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's still fresh, but he has to learn not to take this so personally. He's not a player you can build around if you expect to be in the finals. You can add him to the Cavs and get there, but that's not exactly the same thing. The Celtics smartly avoided the uncomfortable and likely unpopular decision of whether or not to re-sign him, knowing he's expecting the max.

Is he going to be this upset again if the Cavs don't max him out?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has to learn not to take this so personally

In most trade scenarios I agree... but this guy put his career and health at risk for the sake of the team, playing through an injury he shouldn't have been playing through. Then, he played the day after losing his sister. Then they traded him.

I don't know who wouldn't take that personally, honestly.