• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch much college football, but serious question here.

Is Darnold actually any good? I know he has arm talent, but decision making is most important at the QB position. Seems like he really struggles there.

He has serious upside.....he has not been a QB for that long. If a team drafts him.....he should sit for a few seasons and learn behind a veteran imo. Like A-Rod did. But, he can be another CP that can scrambe ie Rodgers.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has serious upside.....he has not been a QB for that long. If a team drafts him.....he should sit for a few seasons and learn behind a veteran imo. Like A-Rod did. But, he can be another CP that can scrambe ie Rodgers.

Yes, I know he wn't get to a team wth a vet QB but it's where he wud be best served.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch much college football, but serious question here.

Is Darnold actually any good? I know he has arm talent, but decision making is most important at the QB position. Seems like he really struggles there.

Yeah, he's good. But he's very inexperienced which is why I think he would be better served staying in school for another year. He needs to learn to read defenses a little better (especially when they are disguising what they're doing) and working through his progressions quicker.

But, many have him projected as the #1 pick in the upcoming draft and that's damn hard to walk away from.

He's 6'4" 225 and very gifted athletically. Assuming he learns what he needs to learn, he projects to be a bigger Russell Wilson.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's good. But he's very inexperienced which is why I think he would be better served staying in school for another year. He needs to learn to read defenses a little better (especially when they are disguising what they're doing) and working through his progressions quicker.

But, many have him projected as the #1 pick in the upcoming draft and that's damn hard to walk away from.

He's 6'4" 225 and very gifted athletically. Assuming he learns what he needs to learn, he projects to be a bigger Russell Wilson.

I agree.

He shud stay but wn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know he wn't get to a team wth a vet QB but it's where he wud be best served.

If he went to a team with an older veteran qb that will be retiring in 3 or so years...that would be perfect for him. San Diego, Nawlin's and New England come to mind.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

He shud stay but wn't.

He seems genuinely believable when he says that he truly doesn't know.

Interestingly, I read an article this morning that suggested that several of his teammates are waiting to see what he does before they make their own decisions. Specifically, Ronald Jones and Deontay Burnett. Even a couple of guys on the defense (Cameron Smith for one) said that what Sam decides will likely influence their decisions.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he went to a team with an older veteran qb that will be retiring in 3 or so years...that would be perfect for him. San Diego, Nawlin's and New England come to mind.

Yeah. If he goes to a bad team and starts right away.....he is the next David Carr. If a vet team? He is gonna be good.

Pitt?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers would be the perfect team for him to go to if Ben plays a few more years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If he goes to a bad team and starts right away.....he is the next David Carr. If a vet team? He is gonna be good.

Pitt?

Pitt would be good too. The best thing returning might do is cause him to drop in next years draft. For whatever reason, it seems like qb's who return for their senior season always do. If he comes out this year, he'll go to the Browns who will no doubt expect him to be a savior. He'll be thrown out their from game 1 and stuck behind a crap o-line.

If he waited until next year, he could drop and end up on a better team with a veteran qb to learn from. Of course, if he comes back and learns what he needs to, he could be better prepared for having to be the savior of a crappy team if he didn't drop.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt would be good too. The best thing returning might do is cause him to drop in next years draft. For whatever reason, it seems like qb's who return for their senior season always do. If he comes out this year, he'll go to the Browns who will no doubt expect to be a savior. He'll be thrown out their from game 1 and stuck behind a crap o-line.

If he waited until next year, he could drop and end up on a better team with a veteran qb to learn from. Of course, if he comes back and learns what he needs to, he could be better prepared for having to be the savior of a crappy team if he didn't drop.

Hope he returns (even though I shld want him to leave for personal reasons).....USC would be loaded and strong NC contenders. Jones would stay and they'd be legit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he returns (even though I shld want him to leave for personal reasons).....USC would be loaded and strong NC contenders. Jones would stay and they'd be legit.

Agree. Now, to convince him. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't need the $.....his fam has $. Sister lives in SC and my niece knows the fam.

I think he'll stay.

No inside info.....niece doesn't know football but she even popped up at Xmas and said she think he'll stay.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold had a tough Cotton Bowl. I even said earlier in the year the best thing for him would be to return to USC for another season. The NFL will still be there for him. Spending 1 more season working on his game would only help him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know man.

Looks like a potential bust to me. It isn't the physical traits that makes a great QB. It is the mental ones. Yeah, you need some baseline physical ability also, but I don't care how talented you are, if you can't read defenses you won't last as an NFL QB.

Physical traits for these QB prospects get way overhype's every single year.