• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the lakers-warriors game last night and my impression was that the warriors let them hang around a little too long but they was never a moment where it was really looking like they would win the game obviously

I was impressed with the lakers determination after they had such a huge deficit. I imagine most teams in the league would not have bothered to try after a certain point but they kept fighting and number zero was just as big a part of that as number two.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart.

Trade him once they know a name player is willing to come to the Lakers.
Clarkson and Randle are both trade pieces and it's a smart move when you think about it. Randle became expendable she Kuzma became so good and Paul George easily is better choice than Clarkson.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's probably going to be making a Christmas donation to the NBA's "don't bitch about the refs" fund. He made some decent points re: how differently the rules get interpreted by different refs (which part of a young teams learning process).

But he also seemed to be blaming the refs for some of their losses. I'd say,,,fix that 60% from the free throw line before you start insinuating the refs cost you games. They shoot 75% from the line last night instead of 60%...they probably win the game. Been a few of them like that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the lakers-warriors game last night and my impression was that the warriors let them hang around a little too long but they was never a moment where it was really looking like they would win the game obviously

I was impressed with the lakers determination after they had such a huge deficit. I imagine most teams in the league would not have bothered to try after a certain point but they kept fighting and number zero was just as big a part of that as number two.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about this team. They keep fighting, no matter how big the deficit or who they are playing. They don't seem to have any quit in them and that will serve them well as they learn how to win.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about this team. They keep fighting, no matter how big the deficit or who they are playing. They don't seem to have any quit in them and that will serve them well as they learn how to win.

Walton: Frustrated Lakers were 'pouting' in loss

LOS ANGELES -- The Lakers' eye toward clearing cap space and pursuing two superstar free agents next summer might be causing some frustration within the roster, and it could've played a role in the team's lackluster 95-92 loss at home to the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday night at Staples Center.

Head coach Luke Walton noted how the Lakers did not play with the same effort and fight they have brought much of this season, and how some players on the bench were "pouting." Veteran center Andrew Bogut says some players are clearly frustrated.

"Pouting? Possibly. Guys are frustrated," Bogut said of the Lakers as Brandon Ingram sat out because of injuries to his quads. "There are some injuries right now, different rotations. Guys are frustrated, obviously. You would be lying to say that there are guys that are not frustrated on this team.

"Everyone knows what is going on with the salary-cap situation next season and all that. That is just distractions that we can't let affect us. That is part of the league, the business decisions that front offices and coaches make. So if that is distracting guys, that is going to be like that your whole career. That is just the nature of this league."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOS ANGELES -- The Lakers' eye toward clearing cap space and pursuing two superstar free agents next summer might be causing some frustration within the roster, and it could've played a role in the team's lackluster 95-92 loss at home to the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday night at Staples Center.

Head coach Luke Walton noted how the Lakers did not play with the same effort and fight they have brought much of this season, and how some players on the bench were "pouting." Veteran center Andrew Bogut says some players are clearly frustrated.

"Pouting? Possibly. Guys are frustrated," Bogut said of the Lakers as Brandon Ingram sat out because of injuries to his quads. "There are some injuries right now, different rotations. Guys are frustrated, obviously. You would be lying to say that there are guys that are not frustrated on this team.

"Everyone knows what is going on with the salary-cap situation next season and all that. That is just distractions that we can't let affect us. That is part of the league, the business decisions that front offices and coaches make. So if that is distracting guys, that is going to be like that your whole career. That is just the nature of this league."

Meh, they didn't look frustrated against the Warriors and I didn't think they looked that bad last night. Games like the one vs. the Warriors and even last night were turning into blowouts over the past few seasons.

Obviously there are going to be some frustrations, these guys are young and not used to how the NBA works, but overall, it's not really effecting their effort on the court.

But hey, good job finding a one off article.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart.

Trade him once they know a name player is willing to come to the Lakers.

Lmfao @ you thinking some team was going to take Deng.

There is no way that fantasy scenario you kept posting was plausible without giving up a youngin.

“You talk to teams around the league, no one is bailing the Lakers out with Deng’s contract,” Wojnarowski said. “They’re not. Teams have asked for multiple first-round picks. They’ve asked for Brandon Ingram. They’ll ask for Kyle Kuzma. The Lakers have essentially given up on the idea that they can trade Deng.”

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/los-angeles-lakers-luol-deng-trade-rumors-given-up/2/

Ps. Merry Christmas, Snookums!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Young team full of 1st, 2nd 3rd year guys and NBA castoffs fighting for their next contract are frustrated?

I'm shocked and shaken to the core.

Signed,

Nobody ever.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? Do you think this is some kind of breaking news or something?

Everyone has known since before the season started that if the Lakers are going to land a couple of max FA's, they were going to have to part ways with both Clarkson and Randle.
It's called mathematics.

Epic fail @ trolling.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao @ you thinking some team was going to take Deng.

There is no way that fantasy scenario you kept posting was plausible without giving up a youngin.

“You talk to teams around the league, no one is bailing the Lakers out with Deng’s contract,” Wojnarowski said. “They’re not. Teams have asked for multiple first-round picks. They’ve asked for Brandon Ingram. They’ll ask for Kyle Kuzma. The Lakers have essentially given up on the idea that they can trade Deng.”

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/los-angeles-lakers-luol-deng-trade-rumors-given-up/2/

Ps. Merry Christmas, Snookums!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young team full of 1st, 2nd 3rd year guys and NBA castoffs fighting for their next contract are frustrated?

I'm shocked and shaken to the core.

Signed,

Nobody ever.

Like I said before had the Lakers not let Swappy P get away they wouldn't have these issues right now.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I stand by that comment.

Snoopy was a beast.
Well, he did get his ass handed to him by that chair.

636145143744125882-1150529262_Snoopy%2BChair%2Bfight.gif

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Charlotte had much higher expectations in the weak ass East.

Nobody in their right mind thought the Lakers would be that good this season. Most logical fans expected 33-35 wins. At best.