• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 avi bet: HurricaneDij vs. Shaqdaddy

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to make everything here about favorite teams. It isn't.

I have a great deal of respect for people I consider to be strong posters. Some are Heat fans, some are Warrior fans, some are Laker or Clipper fans. I could care less who you root for. In fact, I got into it at the start of the playoffs with a Wizards fan who kept making homerific posts about how great Kelly Oubre was.

What makes a good poster is the ability to remain relatively objective and actually contribute and advance the conversations on these threads. I could care less who your favorite team is. If a Wizards fan says dumb stuff, I will call him/her on it just the same as I would anyone else.

^^^This^^^

aaaaaaannnnnd

Same. I can't stand the Cavs but I have no issues with Gordon. I could careless about the Warriors, Lakers, and Celtics but they all have a solid group of posters who I respect

^^^This^^^

Either you're a solid poster who actually adds to discussions, an entertaining poster or you're not.

The only thing team affiliation has to do with it is how much trash talk/jokes will be mixed in to the conversation.

I fucking hate the Celtics, but some of my favorite posters on here are Celtics fans.

Which I find a bit disturbing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think he had one with @Mecca also? Maybe not though.

Doesn't matter at this point. Finals ended over a month ago and he isn't around to pay the piper. That is garbage.
Yes, he bet me too.

I told him to do @CitySushi first.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is his acknowledgement of losing to both @CitySushi and I.

@CitySushi , @Mecca

congrats on wining on our bets.
We will have to finalize the vcash situation.

2nd- dude- McCaw was awful- he bricked 2 threes badly- and kyrie scorched him - he played like shit

3rd- congrats to all warriors fans---- on a great season. A fun year of NBA basketball. The Cavs blew any chance they had at this series when they couldnt close out game 3.

Well for me personally, he made a bet with me and @Mecca about the series. So just waiting on that.

Doesn't matter at this point. Finals ended over a month ago and he isn't around to pay the piper. That is garbage.

Made a bet with Mecca it seems actually. Month long

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why doesn't the Admin just change his avatar. If he's able to lock threads, steal vCash and erase emoji's...why can't he just change the stupid avatar and be done with it?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why doesn't the Admin just change his avatar. If he's able to lock threads, steal vCash and erase emoji's...why can't he just change the stupid avatar and be done with it?

That's hardly the point. The dude is a KowarD, he made an avi bet, lost, and welched. Now we get to rip him a new one until we get bored of it.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hardly the point. The dude is a KowarD, he made an avi bet, lost, and welched. Now we get to rip him a new one until we get bored of it.

You're missing the point. If the doosh isn't going to come back to honor the bet, have the winner pick an avatar and then have the Mod change the avatar. It's really a simple process and will be more entertaining than having to read all the bitch posts about him not showing up to honor bet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. If the doosh isn't going to come back to honor the bet, have the winner pick an avatar and then have the Mod change the avatar. It's really a simple process and will be more entertaining than having to read all the bitch posts about him not showing up to honor bet.

No one is forcing you to read them. The people that make those posts are having fun. The point of the avi bet is making the loser pay up.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is forcing you to read them. The people that make those posts are having fun. The point of the avi bet is making the loser pay up.

Didn't say I was being forced. Said have the Mod change the avatar. That's when the fun really begins.
If the point of the avi bet is making the loser pay up and the loser isn't around to pay up, have the MOD pay up for him. Again, really quite simple.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say I was being forced. Said have the Mod change the avatar. That's when the fun really begins.
If the point of the avi bet is making the loser pay up and the loser isn't around to pay up, have the MOD pay up for him. Again, really quite simple.

Well, if he isn't here to post, what would be the point of changing the avatar? Nobody will see it anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the winner will get his win. Getting the avatar changed is the first step.

Nah.

If you make an avi bet, you need to be the one to change your avatar. Then not disappear so others can see it. That is the whole point of the bet.

Anyone who doesn't live up to the terms is a huge douche bag.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

If you make an avi bet, you need to be the one to change your avatar. Then not disappear so others can see it. That is the whole point of the bet.

Anyone who doesn't live up to the terms is a huge douche bag.

it's obvious the guy's a dooshbag. if he isn't going to come back to honor his bet, change the avatar for him...and leave it for as long as it takes for said dooshbag to come back...then the time starts on the avatar change.

really quite simple.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's obvious the guy's a dooshbag. if he isn't going to come back to honor his bet, change the avatar for him...and leave it for as long as it takes for said dooshbag to come back...then the time starts on the avatar change.

really quite simple.

I don't disagree with your take, but to me part of the fun of winning the avi bet is knowing the loser has to do it himself. It doesn't really matter either way though does it?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made bets regarding the Lakers with a Lakers poster of CBS with the SN VicDaRuler, during three consecutive season. He won the bet the first two times. The third time I won, but he never made his back to honor his side. Suspiciously, his fellow Laker posters at the time hadn't heard from him either, which led me to believe that maybe he got killed in a car wreck or something. R.I.P. Vic.
Vic was the reason I started posting on CBS, was a lurker for a long time before that, but the dude's sense of humor was top notch!! I remember the whole scenario with DJ, and Vic buying the farm was the only logical explanation.

RIP VDR!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. To be fair, @HurricaneDij39 did also take a hiatus last year of about the same length of time and returned.

I don't recall there ever being an issue of him not honoring a bet, so I'd say he'll return in time to honor the bet as promised.
DJ also took some time off at CBS too as I recall, he always returned. Besides his disdain for Derek Fisher (Man those were some brutal thread he started) Cane is a good dude, and I've followed him since he joined the CBS message boards.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ also took some time off at CBS too as I recall, he always returned. Besides his disdain for Derek Fisher (Man those were some brutal thread he started) Cane is a good dude, and I've followed him since he joined the CBS message boards.

Yeah the LeBron summer I took time off as well. If these peeps today think I troll the boards, they ain't seen nothing from my late teens/early 20's days...