• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 re-draft

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I’m wrong and Dak actually has a good arm (and the team doesn’t let him show it in a passing league) what are his weaknesses.
typical things for younger QBs
footwork & holds ball to long at times.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, What about him? Did he garner a MVP vote? Please add some substance.

He won 2 all pro selections and everyone in Philly was like, “Huuuuuhhhhh???”. 4 safeties make all pro and 3 were getting all the votes. He made all pro two times because one voter gave him one vote two times. Dude is sitting at home telling his guests he’s a multiple time all pro and he was just average at best. He got those 2 all pro award because of one vote.
Quentin Mikell is not an all pro type

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that reminds me of an argument that me and Manster has last year. He said they don’t need Dez because their 3rd round pick WR can easily put up the same numbers.
Exactly what makes the point of how bad our WRs were. Dez was shittin' the bed, so why pay him #1 money?

What specifically do you mean by “arm talent”?
Well in 2018 passes over 20 yds

Rating to the left
League avg 76.6
Wentz 145.8
Dak 90.8

To the middle
League avg. 89.6
Wentz 20.8 (not a misprint)
Dak 158.8

to the Right
League avg. 78.0
Wentz 26.3 (again not a misprint)
Dak 101.0

So again I am not saying he is great at the long ball. I am saying your way of thinking is flawed. he is above league avg in all three. Wentz is above in one.
NaughtySmartIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
typical things for younger QBs
footwork & holds ball to long at times.

Yep... Wentz has the same issue with holding the ball too long. Fortunately they can both improve on that flaw.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Kyle Boller.

Yep, Jeff George has Supreme arm talent too. Dak is much better at the other things that make you a good QB. Id rather have Dak then a player like George who had a cannon. But to be a special MVP type you need a special arm and Dak doesn’t have that. Never did, never will.
I bet you guys are praying Dak has an MVP season so you can rip me forever but I’m hoping the same with Wentz

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Jeff George has Supreme arm talent too. Dak is much better at the other things that make you a good QB. Id rather have Dak then a player like George who had a cannon. But to be a special MVP type you need a special arm and Dak doesn’t have that. Never did, never will.
I bet you guys are praying Dak has an MVP season so you can rip me forever but I’m hoping the same with Wentz
honestly I dont expect Dak or Wentz to win an MVP. But you are dealing with QBs. So you never know.
Want to know who else doesnt have an elite arm.
Tom Brady. Yet he still manages to win MVPs.
you know who else didnt have an elite arm. Joe Montana. Yet now we are talking two of the best ever to play the position. You dont need an elite arm to make all the throws.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won 2 all pro selections and everyone in Philly was like, “Huuuuuhhhhh???”. 4 safeties make all pro and 3 were getting all the votes. He made all pro two times because one voter gave him one vote two times. Dude is sitting at home telling his guests he’s a multiple time all pro and he was just average at best. He got those 2 all pro award because of one vote.
Quentin Mikell is not an all pro type
What in hell does this have to with Dak and a MVP Vote? Did you sniff gloves a child? Hell are you still sniffing glue?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly I dont expect Dak or Wentz to win an MVP. But you are dealing with QBs. So you never know.
Want to know who else doesnt have an elite arm.
Tom Brady. Yet he still manages to win MVPs.
you know who else didnt have an elite arm. Joe Montana. Yet now we are talking two of the best ever to play the position. You dont need an elite arm to make all the throws.

Dak doesn’t have Montana’s or Brady’s supreme accuracy.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in hell does this have to with Dak and a MVP Vote? Did you sniff gloves a child? Hell are you still sniffing glue?

It shows you (very simply) that one guy voting for you doesn’t make you an All Pro or MVP. I thought you’d understand that very simple point but you must be sniffing glue.
Again all you guys are coming after me after stating what a great position the 2019 Cowboys are in and that they have a QB that can take them far. He just isn’t a MVP type with a special arm. I thought everyone know that but evidently 5 Cowboy fans on the Hoop don’t get it.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak doesn’t have Montana’s or Brady’s supreme accuracy.
so. Now he cant make the throws not because of a noodle arm but because he isnt accurate enough? which is it. Because I dont know anyone worrying about his accuracy.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so. Now he cant make the throws not because of a noodle arm but because he isnt accurate enough? which is it. Because I dont know anyone worrying about his accuracy.

It’s a combination of strength vs accuracy. I’d be worried about his ability to throw if I were you cause the kid has pretty much everything you want in a QB

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shows you (very simply) that one guy voting for you doesn’t make you an All Pro or MVP. I thought you’d understand that very simple point but you must be sniffing glue.
Again all you guys are coming after me after stating what a great position the 2019 Cowboys are in and that they have a QB that can take them far. He just isn’t a MVP type with a special arm. I thought everyone know that but evidently 5 Cowboy fans on the Hoop don’t get it.
How many guys make AllPro vs MVP?

Come on dude you can't really be this fucking stupid can you?
I know you say you don't troll, but tell us you lied about that and have been trolling all along.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all I needed to see was you trying to bring my OSU fandom into the conversation to know you're entirely full of shit. Zeke could've gone to Washington A&M for all I care, I'm far from the only person to know - and point out - that without Zeke, Dak simply is a different QB.

Great for you if you think year 3 was close to year 1. It was still absolutely nowhere remotely close to being MVP-level good.
It's wasn't Elliott....it was missing the tackle dip shit, the running game was very close to the same when Elliott served his 6 games. The team was playing poorly with Elliott and about the same without Elliott. This different QB is pure bull shit and all anyone has to do is look at the rams playoff game last year when Elliott was a non factor. OR the packer playoff game his rookie year to know Dak sure as hell was the main reason they got back in the game after falling behind 21-3. Different QB my ass!

It's pure OSU homerism IMO...could be work, but make no mistake, when a pats fan and a site mod notice how you ride Dak's ass, it clearly shows it's not just cowboy homers as you say. I was just giving a reason to the board for your Dak hate obsession. It's clearly over the top and IMO has everything to do with Elliot from OSU and not Elliott from Washington A&M as you spew here

Not many QB's in this league throw 4 or less INT's. The coaches clearly made adjustments when Dak was forced to play after Romo went down. In year 3 Dak had right at same completion % as year one, right at the same number of TD passes, threw for a few hundred more years and posted a passer rating a tick off 97. ...which was due to his INT's being 8 instead of 4 ( 8 still being very good by NFL standards). Those 4 additional Ints were the only reason why his passer rating was 97 and not 104. Sorry but YES, very close to year one...which was my point, not MVP. I've said often that I don't give a rats ass about MVP, championships is what I care about and Dak is plenty good enough to accomplish that for my Cowboys. What kinda burns my ass is when a fan say's a player starting his 4th year will never accomplish something like MVP. You're just pissing on Dak, which seems to be what you do best here.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's more info that shows MoronEages1 is FULL OF SHIT.

The Deep Ball Project | Football Outsiders

Coming in at No. 2 is Dak Prescott. Prescott's sophomore season has gotten a reputation as being a step down from his rookie campaign, but his downfield accuracy was actually terrific. He had zero inaccurate completions, and his accuracy was extremely successful against pressure and into tight windows. He took a massive step up on downfield passing in Year Número Dos.