• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Pirates

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I wonder how the conversation with Hurdle and Huntington went. Before Glasnow was sent down, they talked about if he could be part of the rotation after the all star game, I think. Liriano and Niese days could be numbered.
Last night I bet they used these analytics to get him out after 5 innings. I think, unfortunately he is nothing more than a 5 inning starter going forward. Maybe they always pair him with Nicasio so that by the third time through an order they pull him.

I missed the game on MLB network did anyone hear how Emrick did?

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I wonder how the conversation with Hurdle and Huntington went. Before Glasnow was sent down, they talked about if he could be part of the rotation after the all star game, I think. Liriano and Niese days could be numbered.

In due time it could be Cole-Taillon-Glasnow-Kuhl-Brault. That would be awesome and having 4 of your 5 starters on the league minimum for the next 2-3 years gives the team a good amount to spend on the rest of the roster.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirates aren't a large-market team nor is part of the Moneybags League.
Just as I suspected, Marte got screwed being on a small-market team. Lost the vote on the last day, presumably from the twits on Twitter.

I'm done with this Moneybags League Baseball.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow they are hitting the Cubs two days in a row.

Love Bell's stat line for his career 2-2 2 runs, 1 HR and 4 RBI's...
Now it's 2-2 3 runs, 1 HR and 4 RBI's

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well have any of you seen the latest on the Pirates rotation. Multiple reports last week indicated that the Pirates are shopping left hander Jon Niese and Locke. We will not get much back in return. A combination of Cole, Liriano, Vogelsong, Glasnow, Kuhl, Taillon and Brault could make up the bulk of of our starters in the final two and a half of months of the season. Our future pitching staff will soon arrive.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Liriano proved once again that he is nothing more than a 5 inning starter.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Liriano proved once again that he is nothing more than a 5 inning starter.

He got six one-run innings. I'll take that every time. And that base hit in the 7th is a double play ball if it's just about a foot farther toward the line.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got six one-run innings. I'll take that every time. And that base hit in the 7th is a double play ball if it's just about a foot farther toward the line.
Oh yeah I would also, he is well above average the first two times through a batting order. Unfortunately he is bad starting the third time through an order. If he can go six every time I am fine with that also and with how the Pirates are into using analytics I am surprised they don't pull him come the third time through.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liriano looked a lot better. Missed some bats. He loves to compound the issue of letting the leadoff man on by following it up with a walk. But that was the case even when he was dealing.

And that Strasburg fella can pitch.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I would also, he is well above average the first two times through a batting order. Unfortunately he is bad starting the third time through an order. If he can go six every time I am fine with that also and with how the Pirates are into using analytics I am surprised they don't pull him come the third time through.

I get what they were trying to do with him. They need to get him through seven a few times in the second half, and Liriano's not the sort you really assess inning to inning because he can go from great to terrible and back about as quickly as anyone. We have a really good bullpen, but if we have any sort of opportunity to rest them, even after a break, we should take it and try to save them for the stretch run.

ramburgh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would like to see a push to re-sign Freese, Joyce and Rodriguez. This team would be 10 games under .500 without the three of them. Freese could be critical if Kang is guilty.

The team should look similar next year however without Melancon, Niese, Locke and potentially Kang.

Bell starting at 1B with Jaso on bench/late inning defensive replacement.
Staff of Cole, Taillon, Liriano, Glasnow and Brault/Kuhl/Eovaldi/FA

The biggest question mark is closer. I think they should tender Melancon. If he takes it, great. If not, take the pick and at least get something for Melancon. He will probably want a 3-4 year contract. I am not sure if Watson is the heir apparent to close any more. Maybe re-sign Feliz to close if Melancon goes else where?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glasnow to the DL with a "sore shoulder". I am assume it is just an excuse to limit innings going forward.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we get swept by the Brewer's in there home park. During this series we NEVER EVER lead. Now I know historically we have problems beating them in Milwaukee but seriously this team needs a shake up.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankie is a problem. No matter what we do, there's no way we contend if he doesn't figure things out.

Liriano continues to have issues with walks (control) which is always a bad omen and explains his inconsistency. This has plagued him all season and there appears to be no ending in the near future. Right now we are not a team that will contend. Changes must be made.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart move trading Melancon. A team doesn't need a closer of his caliber when they can no longer get into a save situation.