• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Salary Cap Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text 500

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Femur

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Kaepernick was real good early on too... If we were drafting for this year alone I would agree Dak would be a great pick but since we are using career in all likelihood you drafted the weakest QB in the draft.
If we were lining up career numbers I might agree, if we are talking about playing a game, I would not. Mobile QB's will have a TON of value IMO.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were lining up career numbers I might agree, if we are talking about playing a game, I would not. Mobile QB's will have a TON of value IMO.

I hate the Cowboys but I like Dak, he's just not gonna be looked at favorably over QB's who have played more than 10 games by ME.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Cowboys but I like Dak, he's just not gonna be looked at favorably over QB's who have played more than 10 games by ME.

I considered Dak, but based like you it's hard to base a guy off of just one singular season. At least for me, in my opinion, Carr has at least shown massive upwards trajectory over the course of his first 3 seasons. Here are his first 3 year stats:

1st year: 58.1% Completions, 3,270 yards, 21 Tds, 12 INT
2nd year: 61.1% Completions, 3,987 yards, 32 TDS, 13 INT
3rd year: 66.1% Completions, 2,505 yards, 17 TDs, 3 INT (9 games)

He's also firmly in the MVP conversation, which bodes well for the future.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no problem with the dak pick as he was cheap as hell... and as the person who brought it up, i didn't mean to knock UK for picking him, my whole point was that this draft is weird because we are going so heavily on value plays, who the majority of them are just flat out unknowns...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the dak pick as he was cheap as hell... and as the person who brought it up, i didn't mean to knock UK for picking him, my whole point was that this draft is weird because we are going so heavily on value plays, who the majority of them are just flat out unknowns...
I agree with this, it's a current players draft. Nos spent nearly $20 million on Aaron Rodgers, I spent half a million on Dak. Sure Rodgers is considered the better QB, Dak is a rookie, but Dak went into Lambeau field earlier this season and whipped Rodgers ass. Bottom line is, it's a team game, and it's about which TEAM is the best, which is the fun part of a capped draft

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where it's tricky for me as well... I did a ton of research because I wanted to get a WC pick but now I've backed off because while my guys are 2-3 year players, they're also pretty unknown... so while now I can go after some bigger names, I feel some of the cheaper guys are better but they don't have a lot of accolades... with Dak, I'm sure he crossed everyone's mind... however, it's not even 1 full year we are to base this on... that being the case, RG3 should be king... he was great for 1 full season... I don't know where I am yet with Dak, however I think he is huge value no matter what we think of what he could be... there aren't many left that you can grab that aren't double digit millions... having AP I would have grabbed him closer to the end if he would have been available...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered Dak, but based like you it's hard to base a guy off of just one singular season. At least for me, in my opinion, Carr has at least shown massive upwards trajectory over the course of his first 3 seasons. Here are his first 3 year stats:

1st year: 58.1% Completions, 3,270 yards, 21 Tds, 12 INT
2nd year: 61.1% Completions, 3,987 yards, 32 TDS, 13 INT
3rd year: 66.1% Completions, 2,505 yards, 17 TDs, 3 INT (9 games)

He's also firmly in the MVP conversation, which bodes well for the future.
I love Carr, he's a great young QB. Carr's numbers kind of make my argument though. Dak has completed 68% of his passes for 2300 yards and 14 TD's and 2 picks, which puts him right there with Carr's year 3 numbers. Carr also has the same kind of OL, running game and receivers Dak has. As with Carr, Dak is only gonna get better

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Carr, he's a great young QB. Carr's numbers kind of make my argument though. Dak has completed 68% of his passes for 2300 yards and 14 TD's and 2 picks, which puts him right there with Carr's year 3 numbers. Carr also has the same kind of OL, running game and receivers Dak has. As with Carr, Dak is only gonna get better

Dak has the best OL in the game though and he might have the best rookie RB EVER, he has a very good defense too. So if you build a team like that, then I don't see why Dak couldn't have success but with a veteran guy you can build around almost any team, at least the greats

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has the best OL in the game though and he might have the best rookie RB EVER, he has a very good defense too. So if you build a team like that, then I don't see why Dak couldn't have success but with a veteran guy you can build around almost any team, at least the greats
The same exact team went 1-11 last year without Romo...
Oakland may have the second best OL in the game. As far as Zeke, he is a great talent, but Dak is as big a help to him as his OL(as was the case with Wilson/Beastmode, RG3/Morris). Fox showed a replay of a long TD Zeke had where he went up the middle untouched on a read option. The defense end and OLB to that side who would normally clean up that play for a 3-4 yard gain were actually running AWAY from Zeke, to contain an outside fake by Dak.
I figured Dak would give me that same running effect with David Johnson...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same exact team went 1-11 last year without Romo...
Oakland may have the second best OL in the game. As far as Zeke, he is a great talent, but Dak is as big a help to him as his OL(as was the case with Wilson/Beastmode, RG3/Morris). Fox showed a replay of a long TD Zeke had where he went up the middle untouched on a read option. The defense end and OLB to that side who would normally clean up that play for a 3-4 yard gain were actually running AWAY from Zeke, to contain an outside fake by Dak.
I figured Dak would give me that same running effect with David Johnson...

might have been the same team as last year, but are you really saying McFadden is a similar talent to Zeke?? maybe when McFadden came into the league, but certainly not the veteran banged up version...

Thing is with a team like the cowboys who are so good because of their offensive line, if you have SHIT skill position players, the offensive line will get banged up quicker and will have trouble being as strong as it should...

Which will hurt their defense significantly, and force the team to be more of a throwing team that it wants... Dak is having a great season, but much of it is because he is expected to do not much more than the minimum... He is like Alex smith in that, but he is a better QB than smith...