• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Predictions

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll avi bet you against this.
I would be a fool to take that. I will politely decline.

We were still favored in 15 out of 16 games before the Bridgwater injury anyway. Of course none of this means anything at the moment.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does seem more and more like a season of destiny for the Packers though.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My final updated predictions (unless another major injury happens in the next few days).

AFC East
1. New England Patriots 10-6
2. New York Jets 8-8
3. Miami Dolphins 7-9
4. Buffalo Bills 6-10

AFC Central
1. Cincinnati Bengals 13-3
2. Baltimore Ravens 9-7
3. Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8
4. Cleveland Browns 3-13

AFC South --
1. Houston Texans 10-6
2. Jacksonville Jaguars 9-7
3. Indianapolis Colts 7-9
4. Tennessee Titans 6-10

AFC West
1. Kansas City Chiefs 12-4
2. Oakland Raiders 10-6
3. Denver Broncos 8-8
4. San Diego Chargers 4-12

NFC East
1. Washington Redskins 10-6
2. New York Giants 9-7
3. Dallas Cowboys 6-10
4. Philadelphia Eagles 5-11

NFC North
1. Green Bay Packers 13-3
2. Minnesota Vikings 7-9
3. Chicago Bears 7-9
4. Detroit Lions 4-12

NFC South
1. Carolina Panthers 12-4
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9-7
3. Atlanta Falcons 7-9
4. New Orleans Saints 4-12

NFC West
1. Seattle Seahawks 11-5
2. Arizona Cardinals 10-6
3. Los Angeles Rams 7-9
4. San Fransisco 49ers 5-11

1st Round
New England over Jacksonville
Oakland over Houston
Seattle over New York (G)
Arizona over Washington

2nd Round
Cincinnati over Oakland
Kansas City over New England
Green Bay over Arizona
Carolina over Seattle

Conference Finals
Kansas City over Cincinnati
Green Bay over Carolina

Super Bowl
Kansas City over Green Bay - Revenge
Steelers at 8-8? How do you figure? I just don't see them losing more than 6 games with their schedule. Last year they had the toughest schedule in the league and won 10 games.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be a fool to take that. I will politely decline.

We were still favored in 15 out of 16 games before the Bridgwater injury anyway. Of course none of this means anything at the moment.

Actually good sir. I believe that the Seahawks/Pack play each other this year

I say we do an avi bet from week 14 till the SB on that game

In or Out?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually good sir. I believe that the Seahawks/Pack play each other this year

I say we do an avi bet from week 14 till the SB on that game

In or Out?
Sure why not. Week 14 is a long way away so I guarantee I'll need to be reminded.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers at 8-8? How do you figure? I just don't see them losing more than 6 games with their schedule. Last year they had the toughest schedule in the league and won 10 games.

All depends on perspective. If people think that teams like Baltimore and Cleveland could bounce back a bit this year and Cincy stays the same then going 3-3 in the division doesn't seem out of the realm of reality. Then you throw in some key guys on offense being gone for part of the season and the defense being somewhat of an unknown/possibly average group it makes sense to a degree. I would also add does anybody trust Big Ben to stay healthy the entire year? Most years of his career he misses 3-4 games and well with the way that Landry has looked behind him and the team leaning pretty hard on the offense hard to see them winning some of those games.

I think they do better than 8-8 but there are some question marks for sure about this team.

3riverbabe

32 flavors & then some
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the pundits count the Steelers out, & every year they play well into January. This year will be no exception. The Steelers will win the AFCN. Look for it!

The Bungholes? Are you kidding? Lately they have started off OK, but folded down the stretch. They usually shoot themselves in the foot, because they're the Bungholes.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the pundits count the Steelers out, & every year they play well into January. This year will be no exception. The Steelers will win the AFCN. Look for it!

The Bungholes? Are you kidding? They lately have started off OK, but folded down the stretch. They usually shoot themselves in the foot.

I said I thought they would do better. I was just giving reasons that people might be a bit down on the Steelers compared to others. As I've said before we can do this for just about every top team of why they might fail.

Pats--Brady suspended could lead to a hole that is hard to come back from plus they do have some injuries starting to stack up

Broncos--QB position could easily be the downfall and the defense could struggle to duplicate what it did last year

Seahawks--OL looks terrible and Lynch being gone could lead to the offense not quite being what it has in the past

Cardinals--Fragile QB and a team that struggles sometimes against the more physical teams

I could go on with other teams but these are some of the perceived reasons why these teams might lose this year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you ever get a reply?...I'd be curious to hear that as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I thought they would do better. I was just giving reasons that people might be a bit down on the Steelers compared to others. As I've said before we can do this for just about every top team of why they might fail.

Pats--Brady suspended could lead to a hole that is hard to come back from plus they do have some injuries starting to stack up

Broncos--QB position could easily be the downfall and the defense could struggle to duplicate what it did last year

Seahawks--OL looks terrible and Lynch being gone could lead to the offense not quite being what it has in the past

Cardinals--Fragile QB and a team that struggles sometimes against the more physical teams

I could go on with other teams but these are some of the perceived reasons why these teams might lose this year.

I think the Steelers will win the DIV and be no worst than 3 seed...but could be a 1 or 2.

That said...agreed, every projected DIV winner has something that could blow up their season.

Obvious is a major injury, but PIT DEF has to get a repeat effort in QB pressure, and the secondary has to be better than LY for them to be a factor in JAN.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on perspective. If people think that teams like Baltimore and Cleveland could bounce back a bit this year and Cincy stays the same then going 3-3 in the division doesn't seem out of the realm of reality. Then you throw in some key guys on offense being gone for part of the season and the defense being somewhat of an unknown/possibly average group it makes sense to a degree. I would also add does anybody trust Big Ben to stay healthy the entire year? Most years of his career he misses 3-4 games and well with the way that Landry has looked behind him and the team leaning pretty hard on the offense hard to see them winning some of those games.

I think they do better than 8-8 but there are some question marks for sure about this team.
Fair enough. Just that all of those issues you mentioned happened last year with the toughest schedule and they still won 10 games? Defense should be at least no worse than last year or better too. There are always questions to any team but for the answers we know about the Steelers offense, possibly/potentially the best in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with people having their opinions. Just curious sometimes how they get those opinions is all. :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Just that all of those issues you mentioned happened last year with the toughest schedule and they still won 10 games? Defense should be at least no worse than last year or better too. There are always questions to any team but for the answers we know about the Steelers offense, possibly/potentially the best in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with people having their opinions. Just curious sometimes how they get those opinions is all. :suds:

Oh I agree. I think the Steelers will be a top-4 AFC team and should be the most dangerous team in the AFC North unless Big Ben goes down for an extended time. They definitely even with the suspensions still have a very high powered offense and what I would consider a decent defense. That is plenty to win in this league consistently.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. I think the Steelers will be a top-4 AFC team and should be the most dangerous team in the AFC North unless Big Ben goes down for an extended time. They definitely even with the suspensions still have a very high powered offense and what I would consider a decent defense. That is plenty to win in this league consistently.
Assuming the Steelers stay healthy, I would agree they are top 4 but I expect Ben goes down for a few games late in the season as usual and it makes an extra interesting battle for playoff spots. My guess is they will at worst go 10-6 but if they have no major injuries, possibly 12-4? :hope:

How do you see Denver's season unfolding? I honestly cant say much because I haven't seen the new QB play but my guess is if he can be at least average, the sky is the limit with a great defense behind you. Could play out like last year?:noidea: