• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coleman (5-11, 194) is considered one of the best receivers in the class thanks to his dangerous speed and athleticism. He posted an impressive 4.37 in the 40-yard dash at his recent pro day and posted 40.5 inches in the vertical jump at last month’s scouting combine.

But without ideal size, there are questions about his fit as a true No. 1 or No. 2 receiver, rather than just a deep threat. Coleman wasn’t known for his work over the middle on short or intermediate routes in college, instead working mostly on screens and deep passes in Baylor’s explosive offense.

I have to wonder if he is worth even our Round 2 pick? Yes, we could use flat out speed, but this is only good for deep routes. We'll throw way more short and intermediate passes, than deep passes.

granted there are more factors than short and intermediate routes, so not saying "no way". Just can't help but wonder?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman (5-11, 194) is considered one of the best receivers in the class thanks to his dangerous speed and athleticism. He posted an impressive 4.37 in the 40-yard dash at his recent pro day and posted 40.5 inches in the vertical jump at last month’s scouting combine.

But without ideal size, there are questions about his fit as a true No. 1 or No. 2 receiver, rather than just a deep threat. Coleman wasn’t known for his work over the middle on short or intermediate routes in college, instead working mostly on screens and deep passes in Baylor’s explosive offense.

I have to wonder if he is worth even our Round 2 pick? Yes, we could use flat out speed, but this is only good for deep routes. We'll throw way more short and intermediate passes, than deep passes.

granted there are more factors than short and intermediate routes, so not saying "no way". Just can't help but wonder?

Supposedly this is weak draft class for WRs so I wonder if WRs are going to go higher in the draft than normal because of the lack of WR talent?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost Boone so Beadles will start, adding a starter isn't signing scrap heap. What did you expect we'd sign, last years All Pro OG?[/B]

The real issue is poor drafting from recent years, so now we don't have enough talent to form a base. Because we don't have enough talent, we have to wait and hope these next draft classes do well. So 2-3 years from now, we can go after the top FA's.

Most like you are impatient and want instant results. So today you want the top FA's to build back this team. Be reminded this year was a weak FA class. You SAY you want to build thru the draft, but keep posting we should sign the best FA's.

Adding a starter is signing scrap heap when the player isn't any good please just stop trying to justify any signings that Baalke has made this offseason, none of the players are that good just because they'll start over what's on the roster, really just stop you are making yourself look dumb and you aren't. Also no one has said go out and sign the best FA's what we've said is actually sign someone good if you are going to why sign a guy like Beadles when better players are out there.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I had to choose between Coleman and Will Fuller I would take Fuller because he was a better route runner and turned short throws into long gains or long TD's.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adding a starter is signing scrap heap when the player isn't any good please just stop trying to justify any signings that Baalke has made this offseason, none of the players are that good just because they'll start over what's on the roster, really just stop you are making yourself look dumb and you aren't. Also no one has said go out and sign the best FA's what we've said is actually sign someone good if you are going to why sign a guy like Beadles when better players are out there.

i say he's a good sign and you say he's scrap heap, is your opinion fact? Obviously, no. Please stop trying to justify he's a bad sign. If you expected we'd sign last years Pro Bowl OG, thats your problem.

A 'good sign' means value and not declaring he's a "first wave" FA. Whereas 'scrap heap' is saying he is nothing. i'd bet the house my opinion is closer to the truth than yours.

Anyway, he was a Pro Bowl player not long ago, and is getting back to his strengths in zone blocking. We didn't spend a ton and won't be saddled with big dead money. He is now signed so get over it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say he's a good sign and you say he's scrap heap, is your opinion fact? Obviously, no. Please stop trying to justify he's a bad sign. If you expected we'd sign last years Pro Bowl OG, thats your problem.

A 'good sign' means value and not declaring he's a "first wave" FA. Whereas 'scrap heap' is saying he is nothing. i'd bet the house my opinion is closer to the truth than yours.

Anyway, he was a Pro Bowl player not long ago, and is getting back to his strengths in zone blocking. We didn't spend a ton and won't be saddled with big dead money. He is now signed so get over it.

I'm sorry but by any O-Line metric you look at from last season Beadles wasn't a good player that is FACT. So yes my view is based on fact your view is not sorry. I don't need get over it, I am well within my right to say it's a bad signing and more wasted money by our terrible GM Baalke.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about some wideout or Beadles or whatever. What I want to know is...

....did we draft Goff yet?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about some wideout or Beadles or whatever. What I want to know is...

Over 50% of the mock drafts have the 49ers taking Goff with the 1st pick. Alot of mocks last year had the 49ers taking Armstead and they were right. So hopefully they nail it again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry but by any O-Line metric you look at from last season Beadles wasn't a good player that is FACT. So yes my view is based on fact your view is not sorry. I don't need get over it, I am well within my right to say it's a bad signing and more wasted money by our terrible GM Baalke.

again, he is getting back to his strength in zone blocking. but ok you're right. then continue exercising your right to bitch....and be miserable every day. Beadles is here to stay and nothing you rant about a thousand times, will change it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 50% of the mock drafts have the 49ers taking Goff with the 1st pick. Alot of mocks last year had the 49ers taking Armstead and they were right. So hopefully they nail it again.

I'm fine with it and trade Kaepernick to Denver for what ever they are willing to send and be rid of him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, he is getting back to his strength in zone blocking. but ok you're right. then continue exercising your right to bitch....and be miserable every day. Beadles is here to stay and nothing you rant about a thousand times, will change it.

Big deal he's getting back to zone blocking that doesn't mean he's going to all the sudden turn into a good player. The only hope that Gabbert has now is that they draft a few O-Linemen early so he isn't the next one having his brain inspected for CTE. Also I'm not miserable every day but this GM has done a terrible job and should have been out the door with Tomsula.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big deal he's getting back to zone blocking that doesn't mean he's going to all the sudden turn into a good player. The only hope that Gabbert has now is that they draft a few O-Linemen early so he isn't the next one having his brain inspected for CTE. Also I'm not miserable every day but this GM has done a terrible job and should have been out the door with Tomsula.

Yeah ok, in the larger picture i have complaints too. i do complain about other issues too, mainly poor drafting.

But in this Beadles case which so far represents free agency, we just have different opinions. that is ok and we'll move on. But Beadles will do better than any rookie would, THIS season.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ok, in the larger picture i have complaints too. i do complain about other issues too, mainly poor drafting.

But in this Beadles case which so far represents free agency, we just have different opinions. that is ok and we'll move on. But Beadles will do better than any rookie would, THIS season.

maybe, maybe not I'm not sure he would do any better than a 1st or 2nd round guy. I also think if they are indeed going to trade Kaepernick then the draft will at least show us they will take a QB early either the 1st or 2nd round and Gabbert will start until that guy is ready or his head comes off because the O-Line can't stop anyone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, maybe not I'm not sure he would do any better than a 1st or 2nd round guy. I also think if they are indeed going to trade Kaepernick then the draft will at least show us they will take a QB early either the 1st or 2nd round and Gabbert will start until that guy is ready or his head comes off because the O-Line can't stop anyone.

If he plays at Pear's level than he could end up playing worse than a rookie.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

the O-line is bad with or without Beadles. We won't get a Pro Bowl line this season no matter what, thats the reality. Improved O-line yes, solid one...no.

So i'm saying with Beadles, he'll improve the line and help, because he's a proven vet but not so old. On top of that he isn't now and won't be later, placing pressure on our cap. If you think we'll get a solid O-line by drafting in round 1 and 2, you're not realistic.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cincy finishes up this run of wide receivers by taking Coleman, who plays bigger than his 5-11 stature. He's a speedster with excellent hands that can win at the catch point on short, intermediate, and deep routes.

huuhhh?!

ok different evaluator, and different evaluation.

do feel "excellent hands" is a bigger factor than "short and intermediate".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you expecting a "Pears"?
PFF graded his play last year around Pears level. He played that poorly so it certainly wouldn't be a surprise if he played that poorly. We are now hoping he improves from last year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like it might be Wentz now. 49ers brass is falling in love with this kid. Willing to trade up to #1 pick. Keep an eye on this.
I hope we don't move up. no need unless you really feel Wentz is that much better then I guess you go up and get your guy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a chart on ESPN about how Wentz has played most of his games the past two year in a dome so he hasn't had to play in bad weather. Well the kid is from Bismark North Dakota I think he knows plenty about bad weather and I highly doubt his high school team had a dome.