• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT HE HAS TO SUPPORT THOSE KIDS!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very smart. I'd LMAO if he settles for less than the 23 million option he had in Houston.

Meeks to Orlando.

The Pistons are clearing cap.

I wonder why?

They need a shooter and sent the only one they had , who is broken, to Orlando.

After trading for Harris, would they go after Parsons?

Harris, Parsons, Stanley Johnson and one of those Damn Morris twins is a sf to many.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meeks to Orlando.

The Pistons are clearing cap.

I wonder why?

They need a shooter and sent the only one they had , who is broken, to Orlando.

After trading for Harris, would they go after Parsons?

Harris, Parsons, Stanley Johnson and one of those Damn Morris twins is a sf to many.
Ryan Anderson to Pistons...book that

perfecet compliment to Drummond....

i think the Pistons- if they got Anderson - could be a darkhorse 2 seed in the East. In some ways i think they were the Cavs toughest out in the East the last 2 years.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Anderson to Pistons...book that

perfecet compliment to Drummond....

i think the Pistons- if they got Anderson - could be a darkhorse 2 seed in the East. In some ways i think they were the Cavs toughest out in the East the last 2 years.

They are right around 66 million.

So, his salary fits perfectly.

That would be a scary first round Team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like that.

I said Portland or Celrics. But, he would be a great fit in Detroit.
SVG....a young dwight type at center...

the only thing that plays against this is the tobias harris thing---- but in the new salary cap world- you might be able to carry harris as a bench guy--- he cant play the 3 can he? has he been playing the 3?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jimmy short Bus, he's signing KD this Summer and Westbrook the next.

:doh:
whoever is leaking this stuff is doing the guy no favors thats for sure....or maybe they are leaking it because they know the axe needs to come down.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost feel bad for Dwight. He wants to be this throwback low post center like we saw 20 years ago, but the game is different now and has passed him by. No team will be willing to make him the focal point of the offense like he wants. Even the worst teams know better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read his book ?

Why would I waste my time like that?

Some people think it would be better to get knocked off in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs than making it to the Finals.

Those people would be losers. The Finals is the endgame, the entire reason for playing. I can see the similar argument for bottoming out and rebuilding if you're not a contender, as being in the late lottery or continuously a late seed in the playoffs and 1st round exit keeps your franchise stuck in a way.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel bad for Dwight. He wants to be this throwback low post center like we saw 20 years ago, but the game is different now and has passed him by. No team will be willing to make him the focal point of the offense like he wants. Even the worst teams know better.

Problem is, he doesn't have the offensive game to get it done. If he would accept what he is and be the best rebounder/defender/put-back scorer that he could be, he would have plenty of teams throwing money at him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SVG....a young dwight type at center...

the only thing that plays against this is the tobias harris thing---- but in the new salary cap world- you might be able to carry harris as a bench guy--- he cant play the 3 can he? has he been playing the 3?

He can play the 3.

But , I'd probably start Morris, and put Harris in the 2nd unit, to provide bench scoring.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless you have a center who can really pass- its hard to play that way in the NBA

i mean- lets not get carried away- Dwight was a damn good inside-out big in Orlando..the formula of surrounding him with 3 pt shooters and having dwight draw the double has not even been tried since he left Orlando and thats his bread and butter......

would teams double him though? i guess some teams would have to with the state of centers in the league- but its not like he has refined his post game or anything. I see what yo uare saying tlance but i think howard has a little more value than u might think - depending on the situation of course.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas will lie and tell him they will....lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird to this day is still my all time favorite player. But I can't be biased & say he had a better all around game than LeBron. Very tough call for me but I gotta give him the edge.

However, Bird does have an elite talent that dominated the league, whereas Lebron is an elite combination of non-elite talents with elite size and physicality..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are getting lebron havent you heard? he wants to leave cleveland....of course- he was never coming back, kyrie was leaving first chance he got, love was leaving first chance he got, no free agents ever want to come here. etc....so...we shall see...

stephen a....what a nut.

sign Batum over Whiteside- helps you win more- better long term bet

Status
Not open for further replies.