• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sign Batum over Whiteside- helps you win more- better long term bet

You still going on about Whiteside?!?

What happens when he signs a $22m a year contract? Does that make him better than Thompson - according to you more money makes the better player, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, he doesn't have the offensive game to get it done. If he would accept what he is and be the best rebounder/defender/put-back scorer that he could be, he would have plenty of teams throwing money at him.

I agree. He could be just as effective as Drummond and Jordan if he bought in and played hard all the time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever is leaking this stuff is doing the guy no favors thats for sure....or maybe they are leaking it because they know the axe needs to come down.

It's fucking embarrassing at this point.

I was under the impression that he made these statements a few years back when he said he would make them contenders in 3 years.

But, no.

He said it recently...lol

I was starting to feel sorry for this GUY, until I read this article.

He needs to go.

Unrest Growing in Buss Family as Lakers Struggle to Rebuild

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that with or without a max deal for Drummond?

No, they have to sign Anderson first.

That's the reason Drummond didn't do an extension last year.

Max out Anderson or whomever...exceed the cap for Drummond.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was under the impression that he made these statements a few years back when he said he would make them contenders in 3 years.

But, no.

He needs to go.

You do realise us Lakers fans laugh at him, mock him and want him out too.

Do what we do: ignore everything that twat says.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, no.

He needs to go.

it sucks having an idiot in control of your team. Trust me- i am a Browns fan. Been PLENTY of them. It seems like he does not have a firm grip on reality and what is possible. Maybe he has been to close and to ingratiated into the old league system where he just expects good things to be laid at the Lakers feet....the league has changed in a major way and it sure does not seem like he is smart enough to survive.

Imagine if the Lakers got a little unlucky and had to give up their pick....to survive 3 losing seasons and only have Randle and Russell basically to show for it would have been a disaster.

I think Ingram is their first sure-fire building block. Thank goodness they got him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys are getting lebron havent you heard? he wants to leave cleveland....of course- he was never coming back, kyrie was leaving first chance he got, love was leaving first chance he got, no free agents ever want to come here. etc....so...we shall see...

stephen a....what a nut.

sign Batum over Whiteside- helps you win more- better long term bet

Lebron will be the first 200 mil contract.

If James opts out following the 2016-17 season, Cleveland will have full Bird rights and can sign James to a five-year deal worth $202.6 million. The Cavs will be the only team that can offer him five years and 7.5% raises next July. The contract would start at $35.2 million for 2017-18 and keep rising until it hit $45.8 million for the 2021-22 season.
– via USA Today Sports

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they have to sign Anderson first.

That's the reason Drummond didn't do an extension last year.

Max out Anderson or whomever...exceed the cap for Drummond.

Detroit Pistons 2016 Salary Cap

It doesn't work like that.

They only have $7.7M in cap space right now after their free agent cap holds:

Drummond: $8.18M
Tolliver: $3.9M
Blake: $2.8M
Ellenson: $1.42M (his expected salary)

Those cap holds only go away if you renounce rights to the player or when that player gets signed (either by that team or elsewhere). If they renounce Tolliver and Blake, they can offer Anderson about $14.4M, which I doubt gets it done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will be the first 200 mil contract.

If James opts out following the 2016-17 season, Cleveland will have full Bird rights and can sign James to a five-year deal worth $202.6 million. The Cavs will be the only team that can offer him five years and 7.5% raises next July. The contract would start at $35.2 million for 2017-18 and keep rising until it hit $45.8 million for the 2021-22 season.
– via USA Today Sports

He won't sign a 5 year deal. He can do another 2 year deal with an out after 1 and sign a deal for even more money next year as the max increases again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Pistons 2016 Salary Cap

It doesn't work like that.

They only have $7.7M in cap space right now, including their free agent cap holds:

Drummond: $8.18M
Tolliver: $3.9M
Blake: $2.8M
Ellenson: $1.42M (his expected salary)

Those cap holds only go away if you renounce rights to the player or when that player gets signed (either by that team or elsewhere). If they renounce Tolliver and Blake, they can offer Anderson about $14.4M, which I doubt gets it done.
what she is saying is that its much betterto have drummond at his cap hold number...8.18---then it is for him to be held at his next contract number--- 22 million.....if they wait- they have an additional 14 million in cap room- and then can use drummonds bird rights to sign him to the max....carry him at the cap hold of 8 for as long as possible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sucks having an idiot in control of your team. Trust me- i am a Browns fan. Been PLENTY of them. It seems like he does not have a firm grip on reality and what is possible. Maybe he has been to close and to ingratiated into the old league system where he just expects good things to be laid at the Lakers feet....the league has changed in a major way and it sure does not seem like he is smart enough to survive.

Imagine if the Lakers got a little unlucky and had to give up their pick....to survive 3 losing seasons and only have Randle and Russell basically to show for it would have been a disaster.

I think Ingram is their first sure-fire building block. Thank goodness they got him.

Dude, preaching to the choir.

Jimmy might be a idiot.

But, he's not a racist, slum Lord who bangs Trannys.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD posted a video on Twitter:

"KD and his future teammate Klay hanging out."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how old was Scotty during Jordan's 3 year hiatus?

what does bron look like for those 3 years stat wise?

If you are talking about the span before he signed with Washington, Pippen was on his last legs by then. He had a couple good years left, but he was far from his peak.

The year to look at was '93/'94 when Jordan was away from the game playing baseball. Someone already looked at those numbers on this thread, and they did not compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.