• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that Durant isn't coming. So, then it comes down to how much Wade wants, will they pay the max for Whiteside, and who takes Deng's roster spot?

Of course, there is always the lingering Bosh issue; can he still play or will he have to retire?

This is why I hope Bosh retires and that Durant signs a 1-and-1. At that point, Miami will have a lot of room to work with. Right now, we have to hope for a lot of luck on our side and for all of the players to take a bit of a discount. At the moment, none of which is happening.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was objecting I wasn't a true fan even though I root for all Cleveland teams, so I was responding with that. Not sure how the Ravens comes into play bc Seattle isn't a hated rival to any LA teams except maybe the Rams back in the day but ok.

He's referencing the Browns being relocated to Baltimore. Hence, should @Shaqdaddy11 be cheering for the Thunder then.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think I'm that high about Kobe? There are at least a dozen Lakers I liked more than Kobe - Robert Horry being one of them.

Adam Morrison was better a better Laker than Horry.:D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. Kobe is the 2nd greatest SG of all time (his bad luck that the GOAT played the same position lol).

Greatest Laker? Definitely Magic with Kareem a very close 2nd.

Lebron is the greatest SF of all time, which pains me to say because I have so much respect for Larry Bird and had him as the greatest SF until Lebron came along.

Bird to this day is still my all time favorite player. But I can't be biased & say he had a better all around game than LeBron. Very tough call for me but I gotta give him the edge.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make a point about Lebron v. Bird, but Simmons is a hack.

Have you read his book ?
3/13 = 3/13

7 times getting to the Finals > 5 times getting to the Finals

Some people think it would be better to get knocked off in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs than making it to the Finals.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how could you not be if you covered LeBron- i mean- obviously not from the hyperbole "groupie" sense- but as a reporter- when you cover LeBron - yah- he says and does dumb stuff at times - and i think windhorst calls him out for that as much- if not more than anyone, but if you are talking about his talent/skills/leadership etc. what exactly is their to get on him about?

This guy is a top 5 guy of all time and just finished his by far his greatest accomplishment and took a team that was in the high lotto to the promised land while the team he left has gone from a title favorite to an also-ran.

I think Wondhorst can come off like a dick at times- but i think he sources most of his info well. Sometimes- as all reporters are- i think he can be used by sources....and things like this on Wade probably overlap into that "used" area- but i dont doubt that he had soundly placed sources.

I have zero issue with Lebron. He kept his word and did what everyone said was near impossible. But, Windhorst is a groupie. Are his reports mostly accurate? I would say yes. But, sometimes when reporting on any other Team in the NBA, he comes off as a condescending prick.

Ps. Looks like I was totally.wrong, you @Shanemansj13 , @gordontrue were right about Love staying...unless they get a deal that blows their doors off.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3/13 = 3/13

7 times getting to the Finals > 5 times getting to the Finals
Just throwing in my 2c...but Bron didn't consecutively go through the murderous row of the early 00's Blazer's, Kings, and Spurs to get to a Final. Also, on the latter titles, another consecutive murderous row of teams like the Jazz, Nuggets, Suns, and even the Spurs that one year

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point their is plenty of evidence to point to as LeBron being in the top 5 all time and passing Magic/Bird/Kobe- however- i think their are also arguments that are plausible against it- though i personally would not agree with them--- its not RIDICULOUS or CRAZY to think Bird/Magic/Kobe are ranked ahead of LeBron at this point in time- i think its a weaker case than the case for lebron- but i cant say its not a viable argument.

Before all is said and done though that viable argument will be tore up though i think. LeBron is 31 years old...he has - at least in my opinion- at least 2- and i think up to 5 more Finals appearances in him- and i think in each one its 50/50....if the over under on LeBron titles was 1.5 id PROBABLY have to take the over going forward.

Right now- i think the Kobe/Bird/Magic people still have legs to stand on- even if my personal opinion is those are weak legs. Before all is said and done i think LeBron will cut that argument off though in definitive fashion- unless he falls apart somehow or gets hit by a bus tomorrow.

Woah, woah on Magic and thAt Prick Kobe.

No matter what, short of 6 rings, I'll never put him above Magic...even as a Lakers, he's my favorite player of all time.

Statistically, he hasn't passed Kobe.....yet.

But, he probably will.

You can't compare guys thAt are all time greats when one of them is still playing.....unless it's pretty obvious like Bird to Bron or Duncan to Barkley, Mailman.

Kobe and Bron is too close....imo

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'd say LeBron compares more to Pippen than Magic just to keep it as a SF comparison.

Magic....Pippen was never this great a passer, couldn't play in the paint like Magic or Bron because of their size.

He would go to the basket more than both, which has always been a head scratcher with Lebron.

But, size and skill wise....Bron = Magic

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, woah on Magic and thAt Prick Kobe.

No matter what, short of 6 rings, I'll never put him above Magic...even as a Lakers, he's my favorite player of all time.

Statistically, he hasn't passed Kobe.....yet.

But, he probably will.

You can't compare guys thAt are all time greats when one of them is still playing.....unless it's pretty obvious like Bird to Bron or Duncan to Barkley, Mailman.

Kobe and Bron is too close....imo

Exactly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero issue with Lebron. He kept his word and did what everyone said was near impossible. But, Windhorst is a groupie. Are his reports mostly accurate? I would say yes. But, sometimes when reporting on any other Team in the NBA, he comes off as a condescending prick.

Ps. Looks like I was totally.wrong, you @Shanemansj13 , @gordontrue were right about Love staying...unless they get a deal that blows their doors off.

Well now he will stay, I think if they would have lost in the Finals it is more likely they do deal him. They still could eventually but a lot less likely to happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.