• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Kevin Ding article from yesterday is very concerning, not just for the bad timing with free agency about to get underway. It is amazing that someone within the organization is actively undermining Jim Buss. And it must be someone on Jeanie's side.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I didn't know...

According to Winderman... the Heat have to either re-sign Wade or renounce his rights in order to have enough room to sign Whiteside and/or Durant.

If Wade negotiation gets put on hold... they'd have to renounce him in order to move on to other targets.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Winderman... the Heat have to either re-sign Wade or renounce his rights in order to have enough room to sign Whiteside and/or Durant.

If Wade negotiation gets put on hold... they'd have to renounce him in order to move on to other targets.

He did the same thing last offseason. I'm not worried about Wade. If he leaves, the rebuilding begins, unless Whiteside and Durant sign with the Heat (doubtful scenario). I usually don't let situations like this rustle my jimmies as a fan. Let the chips fall where they may.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami Heat 2016 Salary Cap

Yep, Wade has a $30M cap hold. The Heat have a total of $54M in cap holds, with the other major one being Deng's $13.2M hold. Those two are essentially holding the Heat's $44M in cap space hostage.

The Heat won't be able to sign Whiteside AND Durant. Durant's max is in the $28M range, and Whiteside isn't signing for $16M when he will have max offers out there. Wade's upcoming contract will impact both, depending on what he is willing to take.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wade's cap hold is MONSTROUS too...i think its like 29 million. If they dont get him done before July 1 it will create some very difficult timing issues unless they renounce him- just like u said. He holds a LOT of leverage in this situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat 2016 Salary Cap

Yep, Wade has a $30M cap hold. The Heat have a total of $54M in cap holds, with the other major one being Deng's $13.2M hold. Those two are essentially holding the Heat's $44M in cap space hostage.

The Heat won't be able to sign Whiteside AND Durant. Durant's max is in the $28M range, and Whiteside isn't signing for $16M when he will have max offers out there. Wade's upcoming contract will impact both, depending on what he is willing to take.
i have been saying this for literally months- and many heat fans just said- OH its fine- Riley will figure it out-

now that the chickens are coming home to roost the actual facts of the situation are undeniable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the fan that has all Seattle teams then the Lakers. Just stop :L

Just enjoy Lebrons' greatness while it lasts.

Exactly what NBA team should he root for, the one that left Seattle? Are you a Ravens fan?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was consistently going against teams that also had more talent than the teams that LeBron faced. If you are going to bring up teammate talent, you should also mention the talent of the competition.

Boom. This.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have been saying this for literally months- and many heat fans just said- OH its fine- Riley will figure it out-

now that the chickens are coming home to roost the actual facts of the situation are undeniable.

The reality is that Durant isn't coming. So, then it comes down to how much Wade wants, will they pay the max for Whiteside, and who takes Deng's roster spot?

Of course, there is always the lingering Bosh issue; can he still play or will he have to retire?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because Kyrie was on a shit Cleveland team and Love was on a shit Minnesota team.
You could argue that if Love went to Cleveland without lebron, the Cavs would make the playoffs too.

In the EC? No doubt.

Love and Irving would be a good combo and they'd have the $ to add a 3rd person to that trio.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all about overall numbers. LeBron is 6-8 and close to 270, Kobe was 6-6 and maybe 210-220. Naturally, LeBron is going to have more rpg. And he's a facilitator so of course he'd average more apg.

Kobe was a closer in the same vein as MJ. They are 2 different types of players so comparing them is futile.

:shocked:

LOL

So of course he is a better player lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the EC? No doubt.

Love and Irving would be a good combo and they'd have the $ to add a 3rd person to that trio.

Maybe playoffs for those two. Unless they can play Love and TT together, it's not an effective combo IMO.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Me too. And if they renounce their rights to Wade to max Whiteside, they lose his Bird rights. They are in a tough situation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what NBA team should he root for, the one that left Seattle? Are you a Ravens fan?

She was objecting I wasn't a true fan even though I root for all Cleveland teams, so I was responding with that. Not sure how the Ravens comes into play bc Seattle isn't a hated rival to any LA teams except maybe the Rams back in the day but ok.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was objecting I wasn't a true fan even though I root for all Cleveland teams, so I was responding with that. Not sure how the Ravens comes into play bc Seattle isn't a hated rival to any LA teams except maybe the Rams back in the day but ok.

I mentioned that there was no Seattle team to root for since they moved to OKC. Rooting for OKC would be like a Browns fan rooting for Art Modell's Ravens.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Wamu do you think lebron is better than Larry?

FYI ... Bill Simmons ... one of biggest Celtic fans ... said that Lebron has officially passed Bird as all-time great.

... more MVPs, Finals MVPs, same # of championships, same All-Star games, more NBA First Teams, more All-defense teams, ...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? TT plays C down low in a small lineup and Love plays on the perimeter.

If they play that way, it can work. That was my point, it depends on the system. If the system keeps both at PF, one on the court at a time, TT is more valuable than Love IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI ... Bill Simmons ... one of biggest Celtic fans ... said that Lebron has officially passed Bird as all-time great.

... more MVPs, Finals MVPs, same # of championships, more All-Star games, more NBA First Teams, more All-defense teams, ...

Not to make a point about Lebron v. Bird, but Simmons is a hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.