• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because Cavs fans reacted like they expected him to leave.:rolleyes2:

Umm...the reaction would have happened no matter what. Logical Cavs basketball fans knew he was gone. It was talked about basically the whole year maybe more. It didnt surprise me at all honestly

I have my two jerseys so that is just me personally. I guess I just know him better than others :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

You know who would be perfect for the Cavs?

Jae Crowder.

I wish Crowder and Bradley for Love. Lebron plays the 4. They would still need a another big guy but they have a trade exception and Shump for a little value lol. None of this will ever happen btw lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving gets no rest as quest for gold begins

"A lot of people are smart after the game or when the game stops; he's smart while the game is going on at a high level. And the really good ones are like that." And that's what I've learned. LeBron [James] is like that. Kobe [Bryant] is like that. Chris Paul, Carmelo [Anthony] is like that. Steph [Curry] is like that."

Coach K on Kyrie Irving's basketball IQ

Jim Boeheim, Syracuse's head coach and a U.S. assistant, remembers watching Irving play in high school and considering him one of the two best high school guards he has ever seen, along with Isiah Thomas. "Every time he played," Boeheim said of Irving, "he put on a show."

Still just 24 years old, Irving is the second-youngest player on USA's 12-man roster this summer, born a couple of months before Harrison Barnes.

I'm definitely one of the leaders of the team, and it's crazy because I'm still one of the youngest on this team, our Olympic team," Irving said. "It's crazy to think that a lot of things that I've been dreaming of as a kid are coming a lot quicker than I anticipated. But it's been five years since I got drafted from Duke, and I'm just happy for the opportunities that are in front of me."

"So, it was a big shot, I'm very ecstatic we won the championship and I'm glad that shot happened in Golden State. It was a very big team, morale win for us. On the road in the NBA Finals, I mean, I've been waiting for that type of moment. And I remember a person asked me, they were like, 'Are you ready for Game 7?' And I told everybody, I'm ready to relish in that moment. I want it, I'm ready to be in it, I'm ready to live in it and I meant that."

"excited" about the offseason additions of Chris Andersen and Mike Dunleavy. "I think he'll enjoy it a lot better than anyone else," Irving said of Dunleavy, another former Duke star, "because he'll be getting standstill jump shots with us driving it."

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Crowder and Bradley for Love. Lebron plays the 4. They would still need a another big guy but they have a trade exception and Shump for a little value lol. None of this will ever happen btw lol

Lebron should only really play the 4 in the post season. He already takes a beating during the regular season and there's no real reason to add to that. As we saw last year with this Cavs team, the 4 is his best position on the team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron should only really play the 4 in the post season. He already takes a beating during the regular season and there's no real reason to add to that. As we saw last year with this Cavs team, the 4 is his best position on the team.

You guys should sign J.J. Barea....
Just sayin'

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should sign J.J. Barea....
Just sayin'

I think he's already signed with the Mavs with a couple years left on his deal. If anything it would have to be a trade, but I wouldn't be opposed to this.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Cuban has lost his fucking mind!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were up for a reclamation project, TY Lawson?

I'd consider it, but he would be further down my list than others. I think the Warriors real need is another wing scorer or defender. The Warriors have plenty of primary ball handlers on the team that PG isn't really an issue. Barea would fit better because I believe he's much more capable of being an off-the-ball scorer than Lawson would ever be. Livingston and Iguodala will handle a lot of the PG responsibilities with the second unit. Another guard out there will need to be able to knock down open shots and/or defend at a high level.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd consider it, but he would be further down my list than others. I think the Warriors real need is another wing scorer or defender. The Warriors have plenty of primary ball handlers on the team that PG isn't really an issue. Barea would fit better because I believe he's much more capable of being an off-the-ball scorer than Lawson would ever be. Livingston and Iguodala will handle a lot of the PG responsibilities with the second unit. Another guard out there will need to be able to knock down open shots and/or defend at a high level.

Scorers....Kevin Martin, Gerald Green, Waiters, Jr. Smith, Jason Terry.....

Defenders ...Lance Stephenson....Maybe Chalmers...

The carcass of Josh Smith in the post?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. respect.

It's not a bad deal given the fact that several players will be paid the same or more than Dirk, Howard anyone?, and its essentially a 1 year contract.

Tim MacMahon: Year 2 of Dirk’s 2-year, $50M deal is only $5M guaranteed. Technically team option. Reality a Cuban/Dirk discussion.
– via Twitter espn_macmahon

Marc Stein: As story notes Dirk deal features $30 million in guaranteed money and a team option for Year 2 after he decides if he’ll play beyond 2016-17
– via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bad deal given the fact that several players will be paid the same or more than Dirk, Howard anyone?, and its essentially a 1 year contract.

Tim MacMahon: Year 2 of Dirk’s 2-year, $50M deal is only $5M guaranteed. Technically team option. Reality a Cuban/Dirk discussion.
– via Twitter espn_macmahon

Marc Stein: As story notes Dirk deal features $30 million in guaranteed money and a team option for Year 2 after he decides if he’ll play beyond 2016-17
– via Twitter ESPNSteinLine
He's earned it. Smart way to do it for the Mavs too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scorers....Kevin Martin, Gerald Green, Waiters, Jr. Smith, Jason Terry.....

Defenders ...Lance Stephenson....Maybe Chalmers...

The carcass of Josh Smith in the post?

Jason Terry only helps on the right side of the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.