• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that was foolhardy. The team did nothing positive with that money.

Dirk's last contract is for 2y/$50M total
Kobe's last contract was for 2y/$48.5M total

This contract puts Dirk within $70M of Kobe's #2 alltime earnings (Dirk is 3rd). Let's not act like Dirk is a pauper here. Also, he opted out of the final year of that 3y/21m deal for a sizable raise.

Well, it is still an apples to oranges comparison.

Everybody is getting 25 million a year now, so Dirk's contract is not the albatross that Kobe's was. I am not blaming Kobe for taking the money, but the context is very different. Also, Dirk waited until after Cuban exhausted his other options. I bet he would have signed for less (again) if the Mavs needed the cap space to sign another star.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen, I hate that Wade is no longer there.

But, the name on the front of the Jersey is more important than the one on the back.

With the uncertainty of the Bosh situation, Riley couldn't cripple the Teams future flexibility to massage WADE's ego.

It's a business...and sometimes you have to make the cold, hard decisions.

That's his job whether we like it or not.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, the name on the front of the Jersey is more important than the one on the back.

With the uncertainty of the Bosh situation, Riley couldn't cripple the Teams future flexibility to massage WADE's ego.

Exactly. Seems like a pretty blameless situation to me. Both guys did what they had to do.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it is still an apples to oranges comparison.

Everybody is getting 25 million a year now, so Dirk's contract is not the albatross that Kobe's was. I am not blaming Kobe for taking the money, but the context is very different. Also, Dirk waited until after Cuban exhausted his other options. I bet he would have signed for less (again) if the Mavs needed the cap space to sign another star.

Agree with everything you said and it makes me physically ill to defend the fucking Lakers.

But, Once it was clear they were not landing a big fish, the Kobe farewell tour was the smartest option.

They have to satisfy TWC and get respectable ratings to continue to get that $150 mil a year TV money.

There is an opt-out clause. So, they did what they had to in order to satisfy the Sponsors.

It worked to a degree.

Hell, even I cheered for that arrogant bastard in that last game against the Jazz.

I threw up afterwards :puke:. But, I cheered....lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything you said and it makes me physically ill to defend the fucking Lakers.

But, Once it was clear they were not landing a big fish, the Kobe farewell tour was the smartest option.

They have to satisfy TWC and get respectable ratings to continue to get that $150 mil a year TV money.

There is an opt-out clause. So, they did what they had to in order to satisfy the Sponsors.

It worked to a degree.

Hell, even I cheered for that arrogant bastard in that last game against the Jazz.

(patting Mecca on her back) I know ya hate defending us, but nicely done anyhow...:thumb:

Reactions: LAD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arison signs Rileys check.

#endofstory

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still blaming shit on Kobe's contract? Never fails to make me :pound:

Pretty much everything said about that contract has been accurate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This LBJ Jr. He is only 11. Wow!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIM DUNCAN doing the most TIM DUNCAN-like retirement thing ever.

The Big Fundamental waiting in line to score some sweet 10 dollar shirts at Old Navy\

Mr. Excitement is the fashion icon.

Tim_duncan.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It worked to a degree.

Did they have to though?

I could be wrong, but my understanding was that the contract extension offered was 100% initiated by

This LBJ Jr. He is only 11. Wow!

He might shoot better than Dad already. LOL.

Seriously though, if he stays hungry and learns to play the right way, he is going to be very good. He obviously has genetics on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.