• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to mention that. He must have a concussion right now thinking he's gonna get 15m a year.
id give him 2 years 30.......

the third year is where it gets antsy for me....

3 years 42 that Crawford got seems pretty right market wise.......if it ends up being 3 years 45 thats not awful...i suspect it goes a while....i bet the Cavs want something IDEALLY like 2 years 20- they know thats not happening--- JR prob wants 4 years 60- we know thats not happening....

3 years 42 like crawford got seems about right to me....however- trading for dunleavy does give the cavs a little more leverage i think...

the Nets and Sixers are the 2 teams chasing him- if he wants to leave Cleveland for those places for a few million- then hes definitely gone.....i dont see that happening though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 years 42 that Crawford got seems pretty right market wise.......if it ends up being 3 years 45 thats not awful...i suspect it goes a while....i bet the Cavs want something IDEALLY like 2 years 20- they know thats not happening--- JR prob wants 4 years 60- we know thats not happening....

3 years 42 like crawford got seems about right to me....however- trading for dunleavy does give the cavs a little more leverage i think...

the Nets and Sixers are the 2 teams chasing him- if he wants to leave Cleveland for those places for a few million- then hes definitely gone.....i dont see that happening though.

I shouldn't have left that comment. At times I forget how insane some of these salaries are. The problem is if the Cavs don't give him what he wants & he leaves who would the Cavs go after to replace him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to mention that. He must have a concussion right now thinking he's gonna get 15m a year.

Oh...
He'll get it.
He signed with Klutch

#guarantee

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If there's a large discrepancy money-wise, I think JR would take it and run. JR has sacrificed a lot of money, be it by his own errors or that of the stigma that comes along with him. There was a reason he opted out and couldn't find any suitors and signed back with the Cavs last year at a minimal amount. JR wanted to get paid and saw that no one else would give him the money so he went back with his best option. Now a year later, he's got a ring and he's also got a championship pedigree. He deserves to be paid similar to Crawford at the very least.

Hell Miles Plumlee just signed a 4 year 52M deal. JR should get what he's owed based on this market.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a large discrepancy money-wise, I think JR would take it and run. JR has sacrificed a lot of money, be it by his own errors or that of the stigma that comes along with him. There was a reason he opted out and couldn't find any suitors and signed back with the Cavs last year at a minimal amount. JR wanted to get paid and saw that no one else would give him the money so he went back with his best option. Now a year later, he's got a ring and he's also got a championship pedigree. He deserves to be paid similar to Crawford at the very least.

Hell Miles Plumlee just signed a 4 year 52M deal. JR should get what he's owed based on this market.

This is the offseason to do it in since he's going to turn 31 in Sep.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles Plumlee got 4 years/$52 million? :pound:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, these teams don't know how to spend with this new cap. They're giving huge raises to players that don't really deserve them, and are going to be hamstrung once their best players come up for new contracts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Or maybe he wanted to have a chance to win? Last season had to be rough. If he plays well.....he can always get paid next summer.

That was kinda the point of his Lakers contract, but he got lost in the shuffle somehow. He had mentioned wanting to sign back with the Lakers, just with a raise.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, these teams don't know how to spend with this new cap. They're giving huge raises to players that don't really deserve them, and are going to be hamstrung once their best players come up for new contracts.

But just wait. When the owners lock the players out, they will spin it so casual fans think the players are being greedy again.

At least everybody on here is smart enough to see the truth.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile....

He can't play sf.

But, Love, Love this signing.

Shams Charania: Lakers free agent Brandon Bass has reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tell The Vertical

I want to know what these guys fascination with playing for Doc is about?

He turned down the Spurs...the DAMN SPURS!!!!!

To come off the Clippers bench :scratch:.

Yet another Dude who shod fire his agent.

Opt out of a deal, sign with the Team down the hall, for 2 million less?

@Mecca.....you like the Bass signing?

Ninja'd

:thumb:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he does not have to relocate his family, and he gets to play for a winning team. These deals are often about a lot more than just money and PT. there are tons of external factors that inpact a players' decision. My bet is that he is happy to be with the Clips.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

J.R. Smith is absolutely worth $15 million/year in this current market. I'm surprised that the reports are saying that he's only asking for $15 million/year. Allen Crabbe just signed for 4 years, $75 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.