• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was just enjoying Vegas with his bestie, Tyler Ullis.

Dude was playing chess, everyone else was playing checkers.

Christian Wood, Trey Lyles ,Booker, McRae, Dunn, Nance, Zu-BLOCKA had superb Summer Leagues.

Russell, Felder, Ulis, Maker, and Simmons were pretty good too.
Yep yep. Nance was really fun to watch.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on anyones parade, but summer league is just that.
Yes, its a great showcase and learning experience for the young guns, but reality is prob 90+% of the players(?) wont be on NBA rosters.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its a great showcase and learning experience for the young guns, but reality is prob 90+% of the players(?) wont be on NBA rosters.
It still showcases skills and allows young players to grow and improve. It's not pointless.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still showcases skills and allows young players to grow and improve. It's not pointless.

Very close to pointless if you ask me....at least to the top picks. Now if we're talking about guys drafted late in the 2nd round or undrafted free agents then its pretty important

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Very close to pointless if you ask me....at least to the top picks. Now if we're talking about guys drafted late in the 2nd round or undrafted free agents then its pretty important
Dont care if theyre a top pick or not, considering most of them are 19-20 years old and one and done. Plenty to gain from summer league.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Dont care if theyre a top pick or not, considering most of them are 19-20 years old and one and done. Plenty to gain from summer league.

I disagree. Not much when you're Ben Simmons that you can gain from summer league when you're playing a ton of guys who will either be in suits nightly, in the dleague, or not playing basketball come November. Only thing those guys can use summer league for is to work on the part of their game that need work. Preseason to me is where you gain a lot. Summer league not so much

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Not much when you're Ben Simmons that you can gain from summer league when you're playing a ton of guys who will either be in suits nightly, in the dleague, or not playing basketball come November. Only thing those guys can use summer league for is to work on the part of their game that need work. Preseason to me is where you gain a lot. Summer league not so much
Agree to disagree we shall.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the big scheme of things, I agree.

But, it's useful to gauge those fringe guys that Teams are not sure if they should carry them on the roster, send them to the D League or Euro Stash em....

If your rookie is getting OWNED by Journeymen, the later two options come in to play.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, pretty much.

They can get some confidence against weaker competition.

But, a guy like Simmons has little to gain, and a ton to lose, if he gets injured playing with and against a bunch of guys trying to earn a job.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, but are anyone else's three little team icons on the frittz today? I thought it was just my phone but they aren't showing up on my iPad either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, but are anyone else's three little team icons on the frittz today? I thought it was just my phone but they aren't showing up on my iPad either.

I noticed it happened to a lot of posters including myself. Something is going on I assume

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Well, look at Nance...

Thank goodness it was a sprain, not a fracture.

Now, imagine if that happened to Simmons.

That would be catastrophic for a Team like Philly with such a fragile fan base.

You have guys out there going rip shit ride em, trying to impress scouts.

What would be more impressive than showing up the guy who went #1 overall?

It's a risk....But, I have been enjoying watching these guys play....makes the off-season bearable until the Olympics.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, look at Nance...

Thank goodness it was a sprain, not a fracture.

Now, imagine if that happened to Simmons.

That would be catastrophic for a Team like Philly with such a fragile fan base.

You have guys out there going rip shit ride em, trying to impress scouts.

What would be more impressive than showing up the guy who went #1 overall?

It's a risk....But, I have been enjoying watching these guys play....makes the off-season bearable until the Olympics.
I mean the benefits arent huge, ill concede that. But it lets them learn a little bit about what the coach wants(they deem it important enough to be there), lets them get to know some of their teamates and just gets their feet wet in general. Plus they take it seriously, its competitive for the reasons you just gave, mainly guys not wanting to get punked. To me, for guys this young, especially the guys with only one year of college, any competitive basketball is a good thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the big scheme of things, I agree.

But, it's useful to gauge those fringe guys that Teams are not sure if they should carry them on the roster, send them to the D League or Euro Stash em....

If your rookie is getting OWNED by Journeymen, the later two options come in to play.

To clarify, of course there is a point to all of it.
Otherwise, they wouldn't do it.
It's a few weeks of competition, working with NBA coaching, etc.

I guess my point was that people shouldn't get to excited about game results.
Like in any other situation, the most talented stand out.
However, of course it is nice to see that your young players are the ones standing out.

I watched a few games there last week. The effort is there. Players want to win. Players want to be noticed.
There's a handful that catch teams eyes and earn a roster spot.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. The competition you're going against is a slight upgrade from the collegiate game. Preseason is where the competition ramps up significantly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is a greasy head turd.

Ogwumike is putting up 19 and 9, Parker 16, 7 and 5.

But, he couldn't find a spot for either?

He's a Bitch ass.

If they don't win the gold medal (which I'm sure they still will), I bet he'd be hearing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.