• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls#2 or #3 in East now.

Sorry, I got Bulls below the Cavs, Celtics, and Pacers. Probably Knicks if they can stay healthy.

Bulls don't have the personnel to run Hoiberg's system.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. What?!?!?! Can't be real.

cavs dont have any freaking draft picks to trade, lol...unless we want to go out to 2020, which i dont think is a good idea....

on the other hand...2020 lebron will be 36...fuck it! trade em all! lol.

if we got Cousins- that Frye deal looks more and more important....i fucking love that move in retrospect.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs trade for Dunleavy.....I totally see them trading Love.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs dont have any freaking draft picks to trade, lol...unless we want to go out to 2020, which i dont think is a good idea....

on the other hand...2020 lebron will be 36...fuck it! trade em all! lol.

if we got Cousins- that Frye deal looks more and more important....i fucking love that move in retrospect.

Cash in while you can. Think about the now, not the future. Better to get 2 or 3 more titles and suck 5 years after Lebron. Then to worry about the future and maybe get 1 more.

Not saying these are the titles Cleveland gets, just throwing out numbers. But you get the idea.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant believe they are doing that....nice bench addition for the Cavs

Never seen a stupider move. Should have sent him to Milwaukee. You don't make your competition better.....EVER

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunleavy headed to cavs. When healthy a very solid player
i love that the Cavs are getting Dunleavy....wanted him as a role player for a couple years....will be a great complimentary shooter......

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needed to clear space

Pretty sure there were other teams they could have traded him to. I saw Milwaukee mentioned several times in the last hour but yeah lets give Cleveland another shooter and help their bench.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bulls confusing moves continue

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like them low-balling him like that and I think that's why Wade decided to leave.

I think it was cumulative.

He has taken cuts for years.

Crawford almost left the Clips for the same reason.

Wade's situation is different because he has won 3 Chips and is/was a franchise player.

But, common sense dictates that you keep the younger guy about to start his prime over the older guy who has lost a step.

We can go Kobe over Shaq.....or, even more recent, Steph over Monta......Steph wasn't going Video game back then.

But, it was still the right move.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you guys could trade Whiteside at the trade deadline for a boat load and go into tank mode and get a 2nd or 3rd first round pick and a good young player ona controllable deal i would consider it.---- and get a really high lotto pick- i think that would be the fastest path towards serious contention....

if you could add a top 3-5 pick with Winslow that would be huge...i think Winslow could be good enough to be a 2/3 one day, but u sitll need a One...this draft is supposedly loaded.

I think the right scenario would have to present itself for the Whiteside trade, which is around what you're suggesting. Adding Whiteside gives Miami a trade asset that I made mention of, that's the main reason I'm happy with the Whiteside signing.

He continues to progress as he is, and he's one of the best centers in the league, if not the best. If he stays as is and doesn't want to improve anymore, then trade him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen a stupider move. Should have sent him to Milwaukee. You don't make your competition better.....EVER
he makes like nothing and is freaking money from 3.....im surprised we got him and the bulls didnt send him out west

it scares me a little bit because this limits what we can do going forward- i assume we used the varejao trade exception....i thought they would use that to pick up a defender around the trade deadline when some team that was out of it wanted to rid themselves of a contract they didnt see fitting in kind of like Frye last year.

Now, unless they make a trade- the Cavs only have the mini mid level- which i hope they use to bring Jefferson back (if Jefferson wont take the league min. like last year)....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was cumulative.

He has taken cuts for years.

Crawford almost left the Clips for the same reason.

Wade's situation is different because he has won 3 Chips and is/was a franchise player.

But, common sense dictates that you keep the younger guy about to start his prime over the older guy who has lost a step.

We can go Kobe over Shaq.....or, even more recent, Steph over Monta......Steph wasn't going Video game back then.

But, it was still the right move.

Should be mentioned that one of the cuts he took was his own responsibility. He assumed Lebron would re-sign so he opted out like an ass in 2014 and ended up getting less money. Who fault is that? Miami didn't tell him to opt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.