• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then they proceeded to back up the Brinks trunk to Whiteside and go chase Durant around while claiming they had no money for Wade.

Yes, because for the long term health of the franchise, the best possible move would be to let their promising young center, who had multiple teams offering him the max, walk for nothing and not try to land the top FA available. That way they could use all of their cap space to sign a 35 year old shooting guard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That $10 mil per year story is bullshit. I've seen no one stand by that report.

Whiteside's a young talent that the team can build on along with Richardson and Winslow. Other teams were coming at him with the same offer.

And who the fuck cares that they went after Durant? He's the second best player in the fucking league. Of course you take a shot, especially when he gives you a meeting where he turned down other teams like Brooklyn, Washington, Lakers, and NY.
if you guys could trade Whiteside at the trade deadline for a boat load and go into tank mode and get a 2nd or 3rd first round pick and a good young player ona controllable deal i would consider it.---- and get a really high lotto pick- i think that would be the fastest path towards serious contention....

if you could add a top 3-5 pick with Winslow that would be huge...i think Winslow could be good enough to be a 2/3 one day, but u sitll need a One...this draft is supposedly loaded.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck wade. Leave over 7 mill where u have to pay state taxes. So like 5 mill. Just bullshit. I lost all respect for the guy.

But now Riley has run Hardaway, Mourning, O'Neal, James and now Wade out of town. Time for him to go. Hes lost his Mojo
he went home to retire. its not like he went to denver or to the bucks.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,130.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're not beating the Cavs with this roster. You have zero outside shooting outside of McDermott and Mirotic.

Clearly.....they need to target outside shooting for the bench.....not sure how much $ they have left.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking sense of loyalty among these Heat fans.
most of em just watched Kobe and the Lakers decline prob.....

i gotta say- Kobe's last season was special- and the Heat fans wont get that with Wade.....but that losing sucks too....of course Kobe was getting the equivalent of like 50 million under the new cap, so maybe a LIL different there, lol.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have loyalty to the team not the players

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking sense of loyalty among these Heat fans.

The fuck do you mean? You see me burning his jersey?

I want my team to win. What Wade was asking for was going to put the Heat behind another couple of years as we would've had to give up assets to sign an aging SG to a contract that would've grossly overpaid his production. And he also got paid during the Big 3 era where he got to miss countless games as part of the maintenance cycle.

I appreciate Wade being on my team and the 3 titles he's won. But I'm a Heat fan before anything else. Sorry this is a hard concept to grasp.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make your competition better. Smart Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.