• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah their shooting is just atrocious...especially after letting gasol leave...who on that team can shoot?

choke artist mirotic?
wade is a good mid range shooter same for butler. yes they all so so on 3's. at least all 3 can drive and kick out. we also have one of the best 3pt shooters in the league in mcdermott

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things just went from bad to worse in Miami......they may not win more than 27-30 games. And I think that's being generous.

*Turns the knife a little more for all the Heat fans talking shit after we opened FA signing Mozgov*

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the cap floor? Who does Riley spend the money on? It will be hilarious if some team offers Dion Waiters a $20 million/year contract simply because they have to make the floor.

Riley is smarter than that...lol

84 mil is the floor.

I think he will look at trades.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls have some nice young talent. i wish they would of rebuilt but this team gives us a shot in the East and we still have enough for a max next year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish you guys wouldnt have got Dragic and dealt htose picks and would have just rebuilt from the get go--- but in hindsight you couldnt have predicted Bosh's terrible luck.

honestly- this means that Bosh is retiring right? It would be hard for me to believe Wade leaving otherwise....i believe if his buddy Bosh was their he could have ignored his management issues and gotten through it...if Bosh isnt gonna play- i cant blame Wade for leaving...it was time to turn it over.

the one good thing is the one time you guys were in the lotto in the last umteen years you had a very good player fall to you at 10- the caliber that usually goes in the top 5 right after the cant miss guys (if there are any in a draft). That certainly helps....

and- forgive me if i was skeptical on Richardson after a month of playing- but he did prove himself to be at the very least a solid wing shooter off the bench- and has potential to be a little bit more.

I have to believe Bosh is retiring, and I'm all for it. I don't know the man, but from public perception he seems like a good dude and very smart - the world needs more of the latter nowadays.

The Dragic move made sense, and with the cap going up - it isn't such a bad contract now.

This is happening at the right time. Miami has their 1st round pick this year. Start the rebuild. We have a young core together now and loads of cap space next summer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls have some nice young talent. i wish they would of rebuilt but this team gives us a shot in the East and we still have enough for a max next year.

A shot at what? Nobody is beating Cleveland with the way the east is currently constructed

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they do wrong? Offer him money they don't have. Is it their fault nobody wanted McRoberts? Its also their fault Bosh ended with bloodclots right?

Horns talking out his ass again?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's the next 3 years.

Look, if Bosh retires, they are in business next year.

Don't you think this is kinda a blessing in disguise for Miami?

They don't have to do the Kobe farewell contract/tour now and can just move on.
it depends what their goals are...if Riley is trying to win before he retires i dont see how letting Wade go helps that- plus they have already traded away multiple future first rounders so going into a lakers like rebuild isnt really that helpful.....

i guess there plan is to tank this year, get as high a pick as possible, and enter free agency next year with Dragic and Whiteside and Winslow?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they do wrong? Offer him money they don't have. Is it their fault nobody wanted McRoberts? Its also their fault Bosh ended with bloodclots right?

They offered him freaking 10 million as their opening offer (a 50% pay cut)

Then they proceeded to back up the Brinks trunk to Whiteside and go chase Durant around while claiming they had no money for Wade.

They only started paying him attention once they realized he was sick and tired of being taken for granted.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest reason I thought Whiteside to Miami was the best decision was because of the vets around who could keep him in check. Wade gone, Deng gone, Joe gone, who knows about Bosh....that's a problem now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Dwyane Wade.

If he was going to leave.....going to the home town team seems like the best way for it to end for him.
yes going home isnt bad to retire at. Bulls front office was confused i think. they wanted to start over and then they saw a chance to add 2 good players and compete again. still have enough for max next year. we didnt get younger but we are better.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things just went from bad to worse in Miami......they may not win more than 27-30 games. And I think that's being generous.

*Turns the knife a little more for all the Heat fans talking shit after we opened FA signing Mozgov*

Hey, I said I was sorry from the getgo.

But this is full on rebuild now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the way this has played out seems like it has more to do with Wade than Miami's FO screwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.