• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could u imagine the media scrutiny and humiliation if after getting beat by the Celtics Lebron limped into Boston and got carried to his first title by KG, Pierce and Allen?

its the biggest bitch move i have ever seen in pro sports.
Regardless of how you view it, it happened and when it did it immediately changed the future of the Cavs seeing themselves win multiple titles. Hahahaha

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leBron returning home was heroic. Anybody saying that was a move designed specifically to win titles is kidding thenselves. There were multiple places LeBron could have gone closer to winning than Cleveland was, but LeBron is so damn good that wherever he lands becomes an instant contender.

2010 was identical to what Durant did. Don't get caught up in semantics. Durant's situation in OKC might have been slightly better than LeBron's in Cleveland, but only for the short term. This team was splitting up next year anyway.

Why give OKC 1 more year after giving 9 when the opportunity you see as the best for yourself might not be there in 2017? Durant's time to join his friends in Golden State was right now, just like LeBron's chance to join Wade and Bosh came to fruition in 2010.

They each saw a better opportunity and took it, despite knowing the general public would react negatively. Same, same.

Other than the fact that he is going to the team that just knocked him out of the playoffs, I have no issue with it. But that's just because I'm old school.

I have no issue with a guy moving to what he feels is a better situation for himself. Hell, I'm sitting here waiting for a phone call so that I can hopefully do the same thing. lol

I wonder what folks who are bashing him over it would do if they had the opportunity to move to a better situation for themselves?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could u imagine the media scrutiny and humiliation if after getting beat by the Celtics Lebron limped into Boston and got carried to his first title by KG, Pierce and Allen?

Lebron is pretty much known for bitch moves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of how you view it, it happened and when it did it immediately changed the future of the Cavs seeing themselves win multiple titles. Hahahaha
pshh....

The Cavs still have the King of the NBA...and he just so happens to own Durant....and Kyrie Irving danced Steph Curry around like he was on a dogleash.

when the Warriors sign someone that can guard LeBron or guard the rim or guard Kyrie Irving come tell me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure Cavs fans would have responded with the same level of restraint and class that they showed when he went to Miami.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Lebron join the Heat?

To win titles.

Maybe he could have done it on his own.

We will never know.
leBron returning home was heroic. Anybody saying that was a move designed specifically to win titles is kidding thenselves. There were multiple places LeBron could have gone closer to winning than Cleveland was, but LeBron is so damn good that wherever he lands becomes an instant contender.

2010 was identical to what Durant did. Don't get caught up in semantics. Durant's situation in OKC might have been slightly better than LeBron's in Cleveland, but only for the short term. This team was splitting up next year anyway.

Why give OKC 1 more year after giving 9 when the opportunity you see as the best for yourself might not be there in 2017? Durant's time to join his friends in Golden State was right now, just like LeBron's chance to join Wade and Bosh came to fruition in 2010.

They each saw a better opportunity and took it, despite knowing the general public would react negatively. Same, same.

maybe so. id still question if the cavs don't get the #1 pick aka trade bait does lebron still show up. without the ability to build his own big 3 does he still come?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So teams want the Heat to package a 1st round draft pick or Winslow with McRoberts given that they know we need to clear him to free up salary to re-sign Wade.

Thanks, Wade. Making this a public spectacle made this a much more difficult process. Have fun in Denver, Chicago, or Milwaukee.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pshh....

The Cavs still have the King of the NBA...and he just so happens to own Durant....and Kyrie Irving danced Steph Curry around like he was on a dogleash.

when the Warriors sign someone that can guard LeBron or guard the rim or guard Kyrie Irving come tell me.

That's going to be an issue with Golden State. Defense and rebounding. TT killed them on the offensive glass.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pshh....

Lebron is great no doubt. But lets not act like he was the best player during the season. Curry played better than him and curry is still better than kyrie is fully healthy. You were playing curry with a mcl sprain. Never was the same ever since injuring it. By the way after lebron and kyrie, who is as good as klay, draymond and iggy? LOL

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nene to the Rockets.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So teams want the Heat to package a 1st round draft pick or Winslow with McRoberts given that they know we need to clear him to free up salary to re-sign Wade.

Thanks, Wade. Making this a public spectacle made this a much more difficult process. Have fun in Denver, Chicago, or Milwaukee.

Of course Miami will have to give up something of value to trade that garbage.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be an issue with Golden State. Defense and rebounding. TT killed them on the offensive glass.

They will be a top 3 defense Again. Bank on that. Rebounding maybe but thats always been the weakness if there was one

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Wade go if its going to cost us our future

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Miami will have to give up something of value to trade that garbage.

Why? Hibberts corpse pretty much earned him a $5 million dollar contract. Same that McRoberts will be earning.

Golden State didn't have to take anything back from trading Bogut. Same for the Spurs with Diaw.

All the Heat would take back is a future 2nd rounder that has little to no value.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact that he is going to the team that just knocked him out of the playoffs, I have no issue with it. But that's just because I'm old school.

I have no issue with a guy moving to what he feels is a better situation for himself. Hell, I'm sitting here waiting for a phone call so that I can hopefully do the same thing. lol

I wonder what folks who are bashing him over it would do if they had the opportunity to move to a better situation for themselves?

Easy answer. They would take it.

Two years ago, I didn't like my boss and my closest co-worker sucked at life. I was miserable. I thought long and hard about transferring and almost did. This year, my boss got fired, my coworker got pregnant and left and now life is good. If those two were still in place though, I would be out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.