• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please tell me why Cavs fans are butt hurt about this move when it was LBJ that paved the way in the first place?

Because their title streak ends at 1? :noidea:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their title streak ends at 1? :noidea:
And the sad part for them- but funny to the rest of us- is that because LBJ was being greedy and only thinking of himself getting paid when he opted out just last week they have no cap space to get any quality players unless they plan to play for I-O-U's. :dhd:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it could mean they are 1 and done?

The funniest shit is Wiggy was just discussing Wade joining the Cavs.

You know the guy he said is washed up? Yeah, he'd be a great 3rd option!

:dhd:

Wade is still a reay good player. But thats besides the fact. Wiggy disappears everytime the cavs lose. EVERYTIME

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how all the Cavs fans were here giving it to us GS fans when we lost and now they're here crying after the KD announcement.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wondered about that too. I said before FA that I thought the only way that KD leaves is if there was some tension between him and Westbrook that we don't know about. Maybe there was?

I can't imagine seeing Westbrook go into "hero ball" mode as often as he did sat well with him.

Exactly....Everyone seems to keep skipping over that very important part of this article.

A source familiar with Durant’s decision making process told Howard Beck of Bleacher Report this week that Durant became frustrated with the Thunder’s offense and the way it failed to evolve under new head coach Billy Donovan. More specifically, K.D. was irritated that Westbrook still wasn’t sharing the ball enough.

“Ultimately he got frustrated and felt that they had plateaued,” Beck’s source said. “(Donovan) came in, and he still had the same issues that he had with Russ under (former head coach Scott Brooks). The offense didn’t change much. He still had to take a ton of contested shots every game; and that’s when he had the ball at all.”

Durant loves the way the Warriors move the ball, and he’s confident he’ll get plenty of scoring opportunities in Golden State despite the ridiculous amount of talent on the roster.

“He’s never going to have a game in Golden State where Steve Kerr has to say at halftime, ‘You guys need to get Kevin the ball,’ which happened in OKC,” the source added.

While some believed Durant would be inclined to stay in Oklahoma City because the Thunder came just one win away from a trip to the NBA Finals, Beck’s source claims the collapse against the Warriors actually validated K.D.’s concerns.

Durant and Westbrook were seen arguing on the court several times (here’s a recent example) while they were teammates, but their relationship wasalways said to be a good one. Even if they like each other, that doesn’t mean Durant was always happy with Westbrook’s playing style.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think barkleys comments are spot on that BOTH lebron and durant cheating to win rings

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont count this against Golden State at all- they had the cap room- did the right gm'ing, made the move etc...if they didnt think there team was good enough to beat LeBron when he actually had a team around him more power to them...

i just dont know how you could come to any other conclusion then Kevin Durant is a huge wuss. He got scared is what it comes down to.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont count this against Golden State at all- they had the cap room- did the right gm'ing, made the move etc...if they didnt think there team was good enough to beat LeBron when he actually had a team around him more power to them...

i just dont know how you could come to any other conclusion then Kevin Durant is a huge wuss. He got scared is what it comes down to.

Why did Lebron join the Heat?

To win titles.

Maybe he could have done it on his own.

We will never know.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would do the same thing. Alot of people would bro. I dont think hes scared, he wants to win

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda feels like some trickery, don't it? Tehe

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To win titles.

We will never know.
We know he didn't have the guts to fight through the tough years in either Cleveland or Miami...

The only reason he stayed so long in Cleveland the first time was because back them the rookie contracts were longer and he didn't see another opportunity to team up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers did the same to Philly with the Bynum trade :lol:

Oh, man.....that's one of the worst instances ever.

No matter how things turned out with Howard, at least he actually suited up for a game.

I remember when the Cavs did it back in the day to the Bullets with Mark Price.

#JunkBonds

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yea, I know they saw-and heard- their window for winning slam the h-e- double l shut! I hope they enjoyed that parade with the stolen fire trucks and burning cars. :pound:
th?id=OIP.M9fb7072b0a3f0c88075c6056413977c2o0&w=141&h=188&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldnt even imagine...lebron gets up 3-1 to Rich Hamilton, Chauncey, Rasheed and Ben Wallace....chokes away a 3-1 lead....and the joins them?!!! thats humiliating.

Yeah, it's not a great look.

It's totally " If you can't beat em, join em ".

But, Lebron may have taken a peek if that Pistons Team managed to win 73 games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leBron returning home was heroic. Anybody saying that was a move designed specifically to win titles is kidding thenselves. There were multiple places LeBron could have gone closer to winning than Cleveland was, but LeBron is so damn good that wherever he lands becomes an instant contender.

2010 was identical to what Durant did. Don't get caught up in semantics. Durant's situation in OKC might have been slightly better than LeBron's in Cleveland, but only for the short term. This team was splitting up next year anyway.

Why give OKC 1 more year after giving 9 when the opportunity you see as the best for yourself might not be there in 2017? Durant's time to join his friends in Golden State was right now, just like LeBron's chance to join Wade and Bosh came to fruition in 2010.

They each saw a better opportunity and took it, despite knowing the general public would react negatively. Same, same.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leBron returning home was heroic. Anybody saying that was a move designed specifically to win titles is kidding thenselves. There were multiple places LeBron could have gone closer to winning than Cleveland was, but LeBron is so damn good that wherever he lands becomes an instant contender.

2010 was identical to what Durant did. Don't get caught up in semantics. Durant's situation in OKC might have been slightly better than LeBron's in Cleveland, but only for the short term. This team was splitting up next year anyway.

Why give OKC 1 more year after giving 9 when the opportunity you see as the best for yourself might not be there in 2017? Durant's time to join his friends in Golden State was right now, just like LeBron's chance to join Wade and Bosh came to fruition in 2010.

They each saw a better opportunity and took it, despite knowing the general public would react negatively. Same, same.
th?id=OIP.M5898dfe2ea0d3ee9248524a9cb05b80bo0&w=169&h=168&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To win titles.

We will never know.
could u imagine the media scrutiny and humiliation if after getting beat by the Celtics Lebron limped into Boston and got carried to his first title by KG, Pierce and Allen?

its the biggest bitch move i have ever seen in pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.