• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL stacked the deck with Love....are you being serious right now...

PLEASE.....PLEASE tell me there is no difference.

So, lets just sum that up- who is Durant joining?

Curry- 2 time MVP, made NBA 1st team the last 2 years, former champion, 2 finals appearances, 3 time all star
Klay- made NBA 3rd team the last 2 years, former champion, 2 finals apperances, 2 time all star
Draymond- Runner of DPOY the last 2 seasons, 2nd team nba last year, all star, former champion, made the Finals twice.
Coach- Steve Kerr, reigning coach of the year- champion

ok...lets compare that to what LeBron joined in Cleveland...

Kyrie Irving- at the time, 2 time all star, former rookie of the year winner- had never made the playoffs.
Kevin Love- at the time, 3 time all star, 2 time all NBA 2nd team, never made the playoffs
Tristan Thompson- Rebound God and Owner of Hassan Whiteside in-training
David Blatt- did really good in Europe- replaced by rookie Ty Lue

THATS THE SAME THING!!! THATS THE SAME FUCKING THING!!! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!

the..."man"...i guess...is sackless.
They both ran away when they saw that their team hit the max and both joined a team that has a better shot. LBJ did is twice. My main issue with KD is he called out the top players for joining other teams to join super teams and then he turns around and does the same thing. These players today don't care about legacy. Thats why u see players like Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk and even Wade stay. Now Wade is some what getting forced out so its a little different.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nash wasn't finished though. He was healthy and put up good numbers his last season in Phoenix. Then game 2 of his Lakers career happened.

I honestly think the Suns Jrue Holiday'd the Lakers.

I remember seeing him laying all over the sidelines at the end of games with that back.

It's like he was taking cortisone shots before the games in Phoenix and just said fuck it I'm not playing hurt when he came to the Lakers.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a lot to give up and probably too much. in comparison to when the cavs got love if they had to give up irving and wiggins instead of wiggins and anthony bennett. bennett was viewed as heading to a bust at the time. probably still is.

Yep, as someone pointed out another thread, If Westbrook wants to be a Laker, he'll want the current assets to be there when he signs. If he doesn't want to be a Laker, then it won't matter what they do.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know.

But, I think Durant leaving had way more to do with Westbrook and the Thunder than people are acknowledging.

You could see it in the court last Season.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. And I think both HCs & the FO should be added to that list too. The coach needs to come up with offensive plays instead of letting RW rum amok & the FO needs to open up that wallet and get quality guys- starting with a true PG and another max player so that RW can slide to his natural position at the 2.

IMO that is the only way they will have a chance at signing him long term next summer.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think kevin durant is a little bitch, and quite the hypocrite from that article...he portrayed an image that was total and complete bullshit...how do you not call him on that? When he is kissing up to the crowd and saying how much he loves OKC and is gonna stay forever and knocks LeBron for leaving....and then leaves...

Golden State- i dont blame them at all- i commend them- great GM- they worked the system to perfection...

i just think Durant is a little bitch, and mentally weak...something that we have now confirmed both on and off the floor.

But yet if durant goes to the cavs hes not a bitch. Dont make me put you in your play pen

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is so funny to me.

Outside of Cavs and Maybe Spurs fans, nobody is sadder about Durant to the Warriors than me.

The curb stomped my Team without him.

It was bad enough I could never hope for a championship banner.

Now I can even hope for a Pacific Divison Championship....lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think kevin durant is a little bitch, and quite the hypocrite from that article...he portrayed an image that was total and complete bullshit...how do you not call him on that? When he is kissing up to the crowd and saying how much he loves OKC and is gonna stay forever and knocks LeBron for leaving....and then leaves...

Golden State- i dont blame them at all- i commend them- great GM- they worked the system to perfection...

i just think Durant is a little bitch, and mentally weak...something that we have now confirmed both on and off the floor.
Sounds like salty grapes- even though your "king" basically did the same thing. And I don't want to hear nothing about him not leaving to play for a team that just beat him.

He left to play with guys that could help him win. Period. That is the exact thing KD did.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both ran away when they saw that their team hit the max and both joined a team that has a better shot. LBJ did is twice. My main issue with KD is he called out the top players for joining other teams to join super teams and then he turns around and does the same thing. These players today don't care about legacy. Thats why u see players like Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk and even Wade stay. Now Wade is some what getting forced out so its a little different.
Its just so different in my mind- maybe its not in yours...LeBron was playing on a team that was cap strapped and had no picks- and his best players on his side were Delonte West, Mo Williams, Zydrnuas Iguaskass, and an ancient Shaq and Jamison.

Kevin Durant had a top 5 - AT THE WORST- a top 10 player on his team- and PLENTY of other talent....he had PLENTY of talent to do it on his own if he had the talent and the balls to take it like Curry and LeBron and Kobe and Wade have.

I just cant get over that he was up 3-1 against the Warriors- he plays like dogshit for large stretches of losing 3 straight games- and instead of being MAD about blowing a lead- to a team that he obviously could ahve beaten....he decides to join them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

that just fucking blows my mind....its the biggest bitch move i could ever contemplate....its like if LeBron got his ass trounced by Garnett, Pierce and Ray Allen and then went and joined them. Thats fucking humiliating.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it's wrong for people to change their minds, but the optics don't look good for KD. David West a couple of years ago also said something about not going ring chasing in his golden years.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Wade being forced out?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I think Durant leaving had way more to do with Westbrook and the Thunder than people are acknowledging.

I've wondered about that too. I said before FA that I thought the only way that KD leaves is if there was some tension between him and Westbrook that we don't know about. Maybe there was?

I can't imagine seeing Westbrook go into "hero ball" mode as often as he did sat well with him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so funny to me.

Outside of Cavs and Maybe Spurs fans, nobody is sadder about Durant to the Warriors than me.

The curb stomped my Team without him.

It was bad enough I could never hope for a championship banner.

Now I can even hope for a Pacific Divison Championship....lol
And please tell me why Cavs fans are butt hurt about this move when it was LBJ that paved the way in the first place?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now....this I agree with.

He is a hypocrite.

I really don't see it as different from Lebron.

All that " it's the timing of when he left " stuff is garbage.

Lebron was seen as the top, or at least top 3, player when he fled to join WADE's Team.

But, that's okay because the Heat didn't eliminate the Cavs from the playoffs that year.....:crazy:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just so different in my mind- maybe its not in yours...LeBron was playing on a team that was cap strapped and had no picks- and his best players on his side were Delonte West, Mo Williams, Zydrnuas Iguaskass, and an ancient Shaq and Jamison.

Kevin Durant had a top 5 - AT THE WORST- a top 10 player on his team- and PLENTY of other talent....he had PLENTY of talent to do it on his own if he had the talent and the balls to take it like Curry and LeBron and Kobe and Wade have.

I just cant get over that he was up 3-1 against the Warriors- he plays like dogshit for large stretches of losing 3 straight games- and instead of being MAD about blowing a lead- to a team that he obviously could ahve beaten....he decides to join them?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

that just fucking blows my mind....its the biggest bitch move i could ever contemplate....its like if LeBron got his ass trounced by Garnett, Pierce and Ray Allen and then went and joined them. Thats fucking humiliating.
The problem here is in the EC LBJ didn't have any hurdles to jump once he formed his super team. In the WC what OKC had wasn't enough- as we saw over the past 9-10 seasons or so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldnt even imagine...lebron gets up 3-1 to Rich Hamilton, Chauncey, Rasheed and Ben Wallace....chokes away a 3-1 lead....and the joins them?!!! thats humiliating.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please tell me why Cavs fans are butt hurt about this move when it was LBJ that paved the way in the first place?

Because it could mean they are 1 and done?

The funniest shit is Wiggy was just discussing Wade joining the Cavs.

You know the guy he said is washed up? Yeah, he'd be a great 3rd option!

:dhd:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the Suns Jrue Holiday'd the Lakers.

I remember seeing him laying all over the sidelines at the end of games with that back.

It's like he was taking cortisone shots before the games in Phoenix and just said fuck it I'm not playing hurt when he came to the Lakers.

I think the Lakers did the same to Philly with the Bynum trade :lol:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it could mean they are 1 and done?

The funniest shit is Wiggy was just discussing Wade joining the Cavs.

You know the guy he said is washed up? Yeah, he'd be a great 3rd option!

:dhd:
Well yea, I know they saw-and heard- their window for winning slam the h-e- double l shut! I hope they enjoyed that parade with the stolen fire trucks and burning cars. :pound:

Status
Not open for further replies.