• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Wade go if its going to cost us our future

Yeah, I'm abandoning Wade at this juncture. If you want the 2-years $40 mil, it's still on the table. But I'm not giving up Richardson or Winslow at this juncture.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so. id still question if the cavs don't get the #1 pick aka trade bait does lebron still show up. without the ability to build his own big 3 does he still come?

Great question.

Wiggins as trade bait was essential in getting Love via trade.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer. They would take it.

Exactly. Can't blame someone for moving to a better situation. I don't like Lebron and have criticized him plenty for how he has gone about changing teams. But I've never criticized him for exercising his right to move to a better situation. That's just being smart.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Hibberts corpse pretty much earned him a $5 million dollar contract. Same that McRoberts will be earning.

Golden State didn't have to take anything back from trading Bogut. Same for the Spurs with Diaw.

All the Heat would take back is a future 2nd rounder that has little to no value.

Because he's no good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so. id still question if the cavs don't get the #1 pick aka trade bait does lebron still show up. without the ability to build his own big 3 does he still come?

I am sure he would not have. That still does not mean he was ring chasing when he returned. That was more about fulfilling his promise to the city. Ironically, Cleveland never assembles the talent they needed to win without LeBron leaving.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pshh....

The Cavs still have the King of the NBA...and he just so happens to own Durant....and Kyrie Irving danced Steph Curry around like he was on a dogleash.

when the Warriors sign someone that can guard LeBron or guard the rim or guard Kyrie Irving come tell me.

Now, this is where things get tricky.....for me.

I don't view the Cavs as anymore of a underdog to the Warriors than they were last Season.

1. You are correct. They have nothing for Bron.

2. They still can't stop Kyrie

3. They are a little worse defensively, which was one of the reasons they lost to begin with.

4. Bunch of All star names < Team Chemistry

Here are the new problems for the Cavs.....

1. Durant won't miss all those shots Barnes did.

2. If you decide to concentrate on shutting down Curry and Durant like you did the Splash bros.....Klay Thompson will bury you.

3. Draymond and IGGY can really concentrate of defense because their offensive production will be a luxury.

4. You can't hide Kyrie or Love on defense, let alone both at the same time.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Durant is that much better on defense than Barnes.
Durant actually played pretty great defense in that series.

I don't think I have ever seen him block so many shots.

But, I agree.

He's nothing special historically. That's why they had Ibaka.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hibbert is garbage as well, but these aren't equivalent situations.

Heat are unloading salary, which isn't even that high for nothing. This has been done in the NBA before. Only reason it's not working now is because of the situation the Heat are in. Teams know they can now extort as much as possible from Miami. That's why the situations are different.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny. Winslow was the 1 heat guy that was saying miami should make Wade its top priority. He needs him and can learn from him. He had Wades back. Now because Wade is playing these bullshit games, hes going to be the reason winslow gets traded.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure he would not have. That still does not mean he was ring chasing when he returned. That was more about fulfilling his promise to the city. Ironically, Cleveland never assembles the talent they needed to win without LeBron leaving.

The promise to the city was winning a championship. Without the ability to put together a title contending team, he's not in Cleveland.

The only real differences between him going to Miami and Cleveland is that instead of the 3rd star player coming via FA, he came as part of a trade and it's a better story.

In both cases, he moved to a situation where he increased his chances of winning a championship. Aka, ring chasing.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought outside of the back spasm game igoudala did a good job on lebron. half the time the cavs offense #1 play was to get lebron switched onto curry. probably why he deferred to irving on the clutch shot. lebron was 9-24. a lot of that had to do with his defense on him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny. Winslow was the 1 heat guy that was saying miami should make Wade its top priority. He needs him and can learn from him. He had Wades back. Now because Wade is playing these bullshit games, hes going to be the reason winslow gets traded.

I doubt they trade Winslow. I think they let Wade walk quite honestly. Personally, I'm just about done with Wade. Still my favorite all-time player. But I'm not sacrificing good young talent for sentimental reasons. I've learned from the Lakers. No sense in keeping him around if we have to gut a good chunk of our roster.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wade's so upset, he should be pissed at Lebron given that Wade opted out of his contract in 2014 right when he was going to be making north of $20 million per year. Lebron knew he was leaving for months. Ask that bitch for that money.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat are unloading salary, which isn't even that high for nothing. This has been done in the NBA before. Only reason it's not working now is because of the situation the Heat are in. Teams know they can now extort as much as possible from Miami. That's why the situations are different.

It's happened plenty in the past as well when teams have needed to include a first rounder to dump salary. Other teams should try to get something of value from Miami to take a garbage player. It doesn't help that he has a player option for 2017-2018. The situations are also different because Hibbert was a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.