• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I can be an asshole but I just want to take a moment and say I appreciate each and every one of y'all. Especially, @Hambombs, @Shanemansj13, @gordontrue, that's all I can think of at the moment.

No, I'm not dying.....just having a moment of self awareness.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People wanna bitch and moan about our team now but people forget gary payton, kobe, karl malone, shaq team

Payton was 35 when he joined the Lakers; Malone was 40.

Try again lol, unless you were talking about the West and potential Ray Allen additions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the backup PG imo.

He's a guaranteed shot when he gets the ball though. I think Clarkson will see time at PG behind Russell, along with Huertas (if re-signed). They could really use improved depth at both positions.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a guaranteed shot when he gets the ball though. I think Clarkson will see time at PG behind Russell, along with Huertas (if re-signed). They could really use improved depth at both positions.

Huertas was brought back.....one of the first moves they made. Williams is a solid backup PG imo even if he's more of a combo guard.....they really need to bring in a SG/scorer imo off the bench....Nick Young will be gone soon.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he retires. Every time his name is mentioned I now think of Hank Gathers. He's got nothing left to prove, enjoy retirement & wait for the call to the Hall.
Question is.. will people remember him as a Raptor or as a Heat

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is.. will people remember him as a Raptor or as a Heat

The Big 3 uniting (in their prime) was a first, and will be talked about/remembered as the stepping stone to what the Warriors just did, etc...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People wanna bitch and moan about our team now but people forget gary payton, kobe, karl malone, shaq team

What the Warriors have is unprecedented. I won't argue that it is not. I can't think of a Big Four in their prime like this. However, what else were the Warriors supposed to do? Their job was to get better, which it looks like they have done. They took advantage of a glitch in the system (salary cap spike) and a series of unlikely events to land one of the biggest free agency signings ever.

And, as has been mentioned by others, the NBA has a history of being dominated by dominant teams, so this is nothing new in that sense. Hell, I think that the Lakers and Celtics still have about half of all championships. More recently, we had the 90's Bulls, the 00's Lakers, and the Spurs ever since Duncan and Pop got there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green was a huge proponent of the move.
Its's just hope and drama.

Cavs fans are pissed. I have a colleague of mine who's a sensible Cavs fan and he was blasting Durant for the move. I asked him what his issue was with it? His response:

"Well, there's no more competition in the East. They're a shoe in for the Finals and that defeats the purpose."

My response:

"Who's challenging Cleveland out in the East?"

*Silence* and end of debate.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green was a huge proponent of the move.
Its's just hope and drama.

Green is accustomed to having two other players take more shots than him. I don't think it's going to kill him to have a third player who takes more shots than him, especially when that player is Kevin Durant.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I can be an asshole but I just want to take a moment and say I appreciate each and every one of y'all. Especially, @Hambombs, @Shanemansj13, @gordontrue, that's all I can think of at the moment.

No, I'm not dying.....just having a moment of self awareness.

Appreciate it man :) enjoy everyone here also

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green is accustomed to having two other players take more shots than him. I don't think it's going to kill him to have a third player who takes more shots than him, especially when that player is Kevin Durant.

I'm sure it's not going to be as easy as it looks at first.
We saw that it took time in Miami and Cleveland.
But to have those 4 guys on the court at the same time? Really?
It's insane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its silly to think that any of our players will complain about shots. This isnt dwightmare
WaPo....

i have no clue how its gonna work out....just saying interesting article from the Washington Post- which i think is by far the best newspaper in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.