• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs had zero pressure last year. They lost the year before in the finals with two injured stars and the media dismissed their loss to the Warriors and even said the Warrior didn't earn it.

Then the Cavs fire their coach and the Warriors went on a tear during the regular season.

What pressure are you referring to?
LOL the CAvs had zero pressure last year? areyo u freaking crazy?

dude....that is as wrong as wrong could be....the Cavs had pressure from every which way and source you could think of...

McMenamin said that he has never seen anything like the scrutiny the Cavs were under for a team that was in 1st place from wire to wire. it was unbelievable.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs had zero pressure last year. They lost the year before in the finals with two injured stars and the media dismissed their loss to the Warriors and even said the Warrior didn't earn it.

Then the Cavs fire their coach and the Warriors went on a tear during the regular season.

What pressure are you referring to?

Some o' these guys love making shit up...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the hate going for now. Fine with me, it happens. I still like KD, now if he starts getting cocky like Steph then I probably wont anymore but I don't expect him to do that.

I am not hating on the Cavs. I give respect where it is due. They won a title.

Just because I think the Warriors are going to be amazingly good does not take away from Cleveland. They are really good too, but if GS plays to their potential, it won't matter.

Why do you feel the need to criticize and diminish every move the Warriors make? If the Cavs are better, they will win next June. If anyone is hating right now, it is Cavs fans.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people dont like the cavs cause people hate Lebron way more than curry or KD who are humble superstars

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because I think the Warriors are going to be amazingly good does not take away from Cleveland. They are really good too, but if GS plays to their potential, it won't matter.

Why do you feel the need to criticize and diminish every move the Warriors make? If the Cavs are better, they will win next June. If anyone is hating right now, it is Cavs fans.
dude...all season you said the Cavs had no chance.....that irving was a bad fit...etc....

you were as wrong as wrong can be.

can u even imagine if the Cavs dealt Irving in a deal that YOU Thought would help them? DISASTER!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no one is hating on the Cavs in here from what I can see. It's the Cavs fans dismissing anything the Warriors do as if it's inconsequential.

Warriors sign Durant
-Cavs fans say there's only 1 ball/diminishing returns
Warriors sign Pachulia for 2.9M exception
-Cavs fans say Bogut was better, you guys are worse
Warriors sign West
-Cavs fans say West is washed up, Ezeli was better.

Get used to it. And its not just Cavs fans. Trust me. Its going to be basically everyone that isn't a Warriors fan.

The Heat fans in here know what's coming to Warriors fans. Although it will probably be to a lesser degree.

Every failure will be magnified. Every accomplishment will be dismissed - however illogically. Learn to embrace it because its only going to get worse.

When a team is this stacked all we can do is search for something that looks like a little crack and hope to God that it is actually a crack.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is what I don't get about Cavs fans. Instead of saying how great they played, they keep point to an epic failure by the Warriors. By your own account you don't deserve the title. But that again isn't true right?

The hypocrisy is quite amusing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBrons tweets- the stuff about the Banana boat brotherhood, the bullshit that kyrie could not play with lebron and they did not get along together, the bullshit that love could not play with lebron and they did not get along together, firing blatt, the 52 year old curse, lebrons letter coming back to bring a championship, the highest payroll in the league, proving to the world that Irving and Love help the team more than THOMPSON AND DELLY LIKE some complete freaking morons thought in the finals, lebron on his 1 year deals, the fact that the pressure would have been enormous to make changes if they would have lost in a bad way, etc.....holy shit...the pressure on the Cavs was enormous...this year? its all gravy until the playoffs start...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people dont like the cavs cause people hate Lebron way more than curry or KD who are humble superstars
Curry has been on the national landscape for about 2 years and had never experienced scrutiny or failure on a high level.

KD has played the aww-shucks small market thing his whole career....

the times they are a changing

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Cavs were under an extreme amount of pressure this year... at least up until the point where the Warriors took a 3 - 1 lead.

At that point everyone counted them out and they had nothing to lose.

The standard is Cleveland has always been low.... 1 title, lol. The pressure is completely gone, now, imo... especially with Durant going to the Warriors.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBrons tweets- the stuff about the Banana boat brotherhood, the bullshit that kyrie could not play with lebron and they did not get along together, the bullshit that love could not play with lebron and they did not get along together, firing blatt, the 52 year old curse, lebrons letter coming back to bring a championship, the highest payroll in the league, proving to the world that Irving and Love help the team more than THOMPSON AND DELLY LIKE some complete freaking morons thought in the finals, lebron on his 1 year deals, the fact that the pressure would have been enormous to make changes if they would have lost in a bad way, etc.....holy shit...the pressure on the Cavs was enormous...this year? its all gravy until the playoffs start...

So let me get this straight:

1) Lebron tweets. Lebron tweeted the shit himself and created his own pressure.
2) Kyrie and Love were having problems gelling with Lebron. But that was why David Blatt was fired right?
3) David Blatt was fired and Lue got them to play together, as evidence by their late season stretch run.
4) Irving and Love finally playing defense to prove they were better than Thompson and Delly.
5) Lebron signs 1 year deals to hold the team hostage
6) The pressure to change comes to EVERY TEAM, every year if they're not successful.

Basically everything you said was a result of the Cavs team themself. Lebron created his own controversy by sending stupid tweets, doing the 1 year deals and doing the letter about bringing a championship home. Your coaching staff was inept in causing the players to not be in their optimal roles. And your players needing to step up their games because of deficiencies (i.e. defense of Irving and Love), was literally all within the control of the Cavs.

You guys created your own pressure. That's why no one outside the Cavs organization saw any kind of pressure whatsoever on the Cavs.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry has been on the national landscape for about 2 years and had never experienced scrutiny or failure on a high level.

KD has played the aww-shucks small market thing his whole career....

the times they are a changing

Yeah curry hasnt failed much lately but its not like he was recruited to be the next great either he was a 3 star recruit. But youre right on KD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say you were, just to make that clear. I just think the Cavs need to bring back their team. What have I criticized that isn't true? I said West was old and broken down, Pachulia provides no defense but they were good moves for what they were working with. If that is hate then idk to say lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight:

1) Lebron tweets. Lebron tweeted the shit himself and created his own pressure.
2) Kyrie and Love were having problems gelling with Lebron. But that was why David Blatt was fired right?
3) David Blatt was fired and Lue got them to play together, as evidence by their late season stretch run.
4) Irving and Love finally playing defense to prove they were better than Thompson and Delly.
5) Lebron signs 1 year deals to hold the team hostage
6) The pressure to change comes to EVERY TEAM, every year if they're not successful.

Basically everything you said was a result of the Cavs team themself. Lebron created his own controversy by sending stupid tweets, doing the 1 year deals and doing the letter about bringing a championship home. Your coaching staff was inept in causing the players to not be in their optimal roles. And your players needing to step up their games because of deficiencies (i.e. defense of Irving and Love), was literally all within the control of the Cavs.

You guys created your own pressure. That's why no one outside the Cavs organization saw any kind of pressure whatsoever on the Cavs.
wow...you could not be more wrong.

highest payroll in the league
best player in the league
longest streak without a championship in the nation
coaching change
lost last year without half the team in the Finals (out and injured or just hurt like shump and delly)
LeBron aging....

the pressure put on the Cavs by the media was insane....all the reporters said that....the media was ridiculous with how they dealt with the CAvs....this is something you will start seeing this year with the Warriors now that the new car smell has worn off.

Curry was never open to criticism because he never really did anything. There is no book on him...it was all just success...its easy to get behind a guy...now after choking in the Finals, and having his first taste of defeat since he became relevant on the national level- its gonna be different.

Jordan lost the MVP because people were sick of him. LeBron does not have more MVPS because people got sick of giving it to him.

Curry has been around 2 years in the national spotlight.....now that he has failed at the highest level and has been around -you are gonna see how that pressure magnifies like no other.

just being Lebron James alone and having him on your team brings pressure to your organization that no other team in the NBA deals with--- not even close to be honest.

Warriors will be on the receiving end of a lot of that pressure come October though.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no one is hating on the Cavs in here from what I can see. It's the Cavs fans dismissing anything the Warriors do as if it's inconsequential.

Warriors sign Durant
-Cavs fans say there's only 1 ball/diminishing returns
Warriors sign Pachulia for 2.9M exception
-Cavs fans say Bogut was better, you guys are worse
Warriors sign West
-Cavs fans say West is washed up, Ezeli was better.

Lmao this +1111. They will find anyway to discredit our moves

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus citysushi is right you should enjoy your title instead of talking about warriors failures

Status
Not open for further replies.