• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This forum will eventually turn against the Warriors.

For some reason things are still in full-on Cavs-hating mode around here. Probably natural considering how recently many were proven to be so incredibly wrong.

I expect that to change over the course of the season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can cross that bridge if the time comes. Focusing on LEVEL of failure is dumb. Failure is failure. Only one team wins the championship every year. The minute the season started last year the Warriors had one goal, to repeat as champions. If the Warriors won 50 games last year instead of 73, that would have been a bigger failure, but the failure would have simply been that they didn't win it all again. Same thing.

Actually it isn't at all. The Warriors gave up a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals for the first time ever. That is extreme failure and they felt it. The pressure is solely on them and KD has the most pressure anyone has ever had except possibly Lebron his whole career. The Warriors have dealt with pressure and failure so they know how it feels. I wont go with the motivation thing, bc they had motivation for 2 years straight but the pressure is greater than ever no doubt.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at anybody saying the Warriors won't find depth or big.

West and Pachulia is even better than Bogut/Ezeli, IMO. They offer rebounding and even more offensive skill. This is shaping up as the greatest offensive group of all time. I know these two have very different strengths than what GS had last year, but wow.

Greatest offensive group of all time? Slow down with that.

:pound:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezeli choked in the Finals but he is a better player than West- much better at this point....Barnes choked his balls off too - but hes a lot better than Kent Bazemore or whoever.......just because you choke for a few games in the Finals- doesnt mean some scrub thats 36 is better than you or we would be saying Pau is better than Curry, lol

as much as i would like to- just because Kyrie outclassed Curry in the Finals- doesnt mean overall i think Kyrie is the better player....though i wish we couldve seen the Finals 2 years ago with a healthy irving--- even though he was a gimp in game 1 he played brilliantly.

See, everyone keeps saying the Warriors need rim protection. They really don't against Cleveland. The reason they lost was because they could not play pick and roll defense OR Protect the rim. On the other end, they failed to outscore the Cavs because the Cavs D made them 1 dimensional.

They address 1 of those 3 areas, and they are in good shape. I believe they have gotten better in pick and roll defense with West and being more multidimensional offensively.

In other words, if you want to continue to harp on the one weakness the Dubs have, go right ahead. It won't change anything this time next year, however.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that's why most of 'em are PRAYING Dwade signs with 'em...:dhd:

I would rather the Cavs keep this group together honestly lol. They don't need to do anything big like the Warriors did, just sign a couple MLE guys and be done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it isn't at all. The Warriors gave up a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals for the first time ever. That is extreme failure and they felt it. The pressure is solely on them and KD has the most pressure anyone has ever had except possibly Lebron his whole career. The Warriors have dealt with pressure and failure so they know how it feels. I wont go with the motivation thing, bc they had motivation for 2 years straight but the pressure is greater than ever no doubt.
the pressure that durant is going to face is going to be above and beyond anything he has ever felt....

he was the good guy with his mom selling campbells soup in the small market spouting how he would never leave and how lebron was a baby for leaving......

and what does he do?

the pressure is going to be immense....its going to be like the Cavs last season- where its hard to enjoy the regular season because its pretty inconsequential- but its gonna be soooo much worse. The media is going to be waiting with bated breath for a crack in the facade.

i love that it will allow the cavs to fly under the radar and prepare and basically have no pressure until the playoffs start since the focus of the league will be on durant.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, everyone keeps saying the Warriors need rim protection. They really don't against Cleveland. The reason they lost was because they could not play pick and roll defense OR Protect the rim. On the other end, they failed to outscore the Cavs because the Cavs D made them 1 dimensional.

They address 1 of those 3 areas, and they are in good shape. I believe they have gotten better in pick and roll defense with West and being more multidimensional offensively.

In other words, if you want to continue to harp on the one weakness the Dubs have, go right ahead. It won't change anything this time next year, however.

you think West and Pachulia provide better pick-and-roll defense and protect the rim. Not a chance but they do provide big depth and with the roster they already have the Warriors wont need as much depth. Now if we were talking about just switching you Pachulia and West for Bogut and Ezeli on last years roster it would be a different story.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See this is what I don't get about Cavs fans. Instead of saying how great they played, they keep point to an epic failure by the Warriors. By your own account you don't deserve the title. But that again isn't true right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh yah....David West at 36 will be much better than the younger, faster more athletic ezeli in the pick and roll...:L

if KYrie Irving puts David West in a PnR that will be death.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This forum will eventually turn against the Warriors.

For some reason things are still in full-on Cavs-hating mode around here. Probably natural considering how recently many were proven to be so incredibly wrong.

I expect that to change over the course of the season.

Keep the hate going for now. Fine with me, it happens. I still like KD, now if he starts getting cocky like Steph then I probably wont anymore but I don't expect him to do that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pressure that durant is going to face is going to be above and beyond anything he has ever felt....

he was the good guy with his mom selling campbells soup in the small market spouting how he would never leave and how lebron was a baby for leaving......

and what does he do?

the pressure is going to be immense....its going to be like the Cavs last season- where its hard to enjoy the regular season because its pretty inconsequential- but its gonna be soooo much worse. The media is going to be waiting with bated breath for a crack in the facade.

i love that it will allow the cavs to fly under the radar and prepare and basically have no pressure until the playoffs start since the focus of the league will be on durant.

The Cavs had zero pressure last year. They lost the year before in the finals with two injured stars and the media dismissed their loss to the Warriors and even said the Warrior didn't earn it.

Then the Cavs fire their coach and the Warriors went on a tear during the regular season.

What pressure are you referring to?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest offensive group of all time? Slow down with that.

:pound:
you think West and Pachulia provide better pick-and-roll defense and protect the rim. Not a chance but they do provide big depth and with the roster they already have the Warriors wont need as much depth. Now if we were talking about just switching you Pachulia and West for Bogut and Ezeli on last years roster it would be a different story.

Yes. Ezeli was awful in pick and roll. Literally could not have been worse. The fact that Kerr chose to switch screens with him in did him no favors, but West is much better moving his feet than Ezeli.

Not saying he can still do this, but when Miami and Indiana last played, they used West as the primary defender on James for long stretches.

So yes, he is much better defending ball screens that Ezeli. Especially if they want to switch.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the hate going for now. Fine with me, it happens. I still like KD, now if he starts getting cocky like Steph then I probably wont anymore but I don't expect him to do that.

Literally no one is hating on the Cavs in here from what I can see. It's the Cavs fans dismissing anything the Warriors do as if it's inconsequential.

Warriors sign Durant
-Cavs fans say there's only 1 ball/diminishing returns
Warriors sign Pachulia for 2.9M exception
-Cavs fans say Bogut was better, you guys are worse
Warriors sign West
-Cavs fans say West is washed up, Ezeli was better.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'm scared. The whole league is. This Warriors roster on paper is scary as hell. But paper doesn't win games so we just have to wait and see how things play out.

There's no denying the Warriors are heavy favorites at this point. I'll accept that fact and proceed to root against them with every fiber of my fandom.

Youre a good NBA fan and i agree on this. Gonna be interesting. Nothing is a lock

Status
Not open for further replies.