• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Spears reported of the Warriors pitch to Durant (via Ethan Strauss):

Curry conveyed that he cared more about winning than credit or sneaker sales. Warriors officials relayed that Durant seemed eager to hear that message. Green and Myers both spoke to how cooperation would result in more championships than any other method. The endearingly spacey Klay Thompson noted that he would get open shots with Durant there, before sheepishly getting back on message and acknowledging KD would probably get open shots too.

Gotta love Klay. LOL.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I have already said that was stupid of him, he made a mistake and he even said he did. But he brought 2 championships to Miami then went back to Cleveland even after all the hate. If you watch every postgame interview you can see how humble Lebron is.

Dude. Lebron's not humble. He knows he's the best, and of course he can talk shit because he is for the time being.

But let's not act like Lebron comes across as a humble guy - he isn't. Most prime athletes are not humble. It is what it is.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Spears reported of the Warriors pitch to Durant (via Ethan Strauss):

Curry conveyed that he cared more about winning than credit or sneaker sales. Warriors officials relayed that Durant seemed eager to hear that message. Green and Myers both spoke to how cooperation would result in more championships than any other method. The endearingly spacey Klay Thompson noted that he would get open shots with Durant there, before sheepishly getting back on message and acknowledging KD would probably get open shots too.

Gotta love Klay. LOL.

Lol saw this. I already knew curry didnt care whos "the man"

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that Ray Allen said Miami never once approached him about coming back and playing. Seriously? Miami had no 3pt game at all, why wouldnt they go and see if they could get ray back? We could have definitely used him in the playoffs.

Because Ray Allen's only coming back to be on a contender - Miami isn't in that conversation last season or this upcoming season.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Ray Allen's only coming back to be on a contender - Miami isn't in that conversation last season or this upcoming season.

Last season, with a healthy Bosh we were a contender. If we could have had a healthy bosh in the playoffs we could have taken Cleveland to 7. With Ray we could have possibly even won the series. I know Bosh got injured, but at the start of the season when they should have gone after Ray he was fine.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Myers stole this from Lebron's 'The Decision', not the same words but pretty much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was more the logo and our core 3 that sealed it IMO

It may have been but just saying he stole Lebron's, "not one, not two, not three, not four" when he pitched to KD

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West definitely fills a need. He's tough as nails and looks like an NFL linebacker. So what if he's 36? He's still pretty good and he is only going to be asked to play about 15 minutes a game. Like tlance said, his efficiency numbers were very good last season. He brings offensive skills to table, including being a good FT shooter. The assertion that the Warriors will lack depth doesn't look true right now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David west was in the top 5 in Defensive RPM last year. Hes still a good defender along with shooting touch and some post skills. Brings toughness too

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude...all season you said the Cavs had no chance.....that irving was a bad fit...etc....

you were as wrong as wrong can be.

can u even imagine if the Cavs dealt Irving in a deal that YOU Thought would help them? DISASTER!

I did say that. All season long. Irving played much better than I ever thought possible in the playoffs and I admitted to being wrong on that. I said they needed to trade him because I thought he was too immature to do what he just did.

Not saying I have never been wrong. Clearly I was wrong about the Cavs and I was wrong about the Thunder beating the Spurs. I am right more often than I am wrong though. Nobody gets 100%.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David west was in the top 5 in Defensive RPM last year. Hes still a good defender along with shooting touch and some post skills. Brings toughness too

He's not the player he was in Indiana. But you don't really need that, just another big body that's not going to flail around like Andy did.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id love West on the CAvs as the 4th big behind Frye that got like 15-18 a game and was their as an insurance policy....

on the warriors he is either the best- or 2nd best guy over 6'9"- and the other guys name is ZaZa.

Not true.

Their best player over 6'9" is their starting SF. You might have heard of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.