• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true.

Their best player over 6'9" is their starting SF. You might have heard of him?
good call...should rephrase that....guys that play like they are over 6' 9"....id have to add draymond to the list though.

Draymond's game 7 was amazing...he showed a lot of balls that is for sure.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the player he was in Indiana. But you don't really need that, just another big body that's not going to flail around like Andy did.

LOL, and the way that David West is built, I don't see officials falling for any flops by him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say that. All season long. Irving played much better than I ever thought possible in the playoffs and I admitted to being wrong on that. I said they needed to trade him because I thought he was too immature to do what he just did.

Not saying I have never been wrong. Clearly I was wrong about the Cavs and I was wrong about the Thunder beating the Spurs. I am right more often than I am wrong though. Nobody gets 100%.
the kid was 23 years old coming into the year and his first playoff experience was cut short by injury- after he showed some pretty impressive toughness just to be out there.......I would have loved to see how he would have competed in the Finals 2 years ago - becuase his first game was one of the very best i had ever seen him play up to that point. I kept remembering how this kid played on a bum wheel in Game 1 last year- and thought if he could be healthy and ready to go in the Finals the sky was the limit....i mean- previously that year he dropped 57 in San Antonio- a record--- you dont drop 57 on Pop in his building by accident. You dont hit game winners/tying 3's against Nik Batum (when he went for 55 vs. Portland with LeBron out and won single handedly when Love was EMBARRASSINGLY MIA that game) or against Kawhi Leonard........ or now against Steph curry....

When LEBron said this kid could be MVP someday- i think he is totally correct.....Kyrie is way ahead of where a lot of guys were at age 24.....including a certain reigning regular season mvp

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good call...should rephrase that....guys that play like they are over 6' 9"....id have to add draymond to the list though.

Draymond's game 7 was amazing...he showed a lot of balls that is for sure.

Honestly, I think if they get 15 minutes each from Pachulia and West, they will be in terrific shape. That leaves 18 for the super death group. The bigger small lineup with Durant is going to be really tough.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How scared would people be if i told them that we are talking a milsap trade to play alongside iggy off the bench?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chalmers at the 1 slide livingston to the 2 and iggy at the 3 for the bench

I have always thought Chalmers plays better off the ball offensively. Let him guard the other team's one, but I like Livingston and Chalmers playing as dual PGs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know right? Haha. What would you think of a chalmers pickup?

Not sure. He's an under-sized 2-guard, but he looked decent when he was playing for Memphis last season. I like Chalmers and think he could be a quality guard off the bench. Hopefully he's learned to minimize the bone head decisions that have plagued him from time to time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How scared would people be if i told them that we are talking a milsap trade to play alongside iggy off the bench?

Who are you giving up? I don't think the salaries will match up without affecting the core. But yeah, Millsap off the bench in Oakland is fine by me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 promise me the Warriors wouldn't have any depth next season

Well I did say it at the point where they didnt. So I was right for a day lol. They have depth now still isnt compared the best bench in the league last year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or they could add Superman...I mean it is a super team team right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg this is positively disgusting, lol......and i thought LeBron was a fraud at hte time...

After pledging his loyalty to OKC, what made Durant change his mind?

KLAHOMA CITY -- On June 15, 2015, Kevin Durant was in a walking boot, watching the NBA Finals, thinking about the upcoming season.

He had just met newly hired coach Billy Donovan. He was pushing through rehab and edging closer to returning to the court. He was fired up.

He sent a text.

"It's our year next year!" he said.

He sent another.

"Then Ima sign back and build a sick ass house and keep stacking chips!! That's [the] goal."

He was going to stay. He was going to plant his flag. He was going to finish what he started. Anyone who was around the team saw Donovan's hiring as the start of a new era, a fresh start and the first step in retaining their franchise player. Durant felt it, too.

Rehabbing his foot in Oklahoma City meant Durant spent a lot of time around Donovan. That's all it took. Durant was enthusiastic about Donovan's arrival and the new direction he represented.

Durant went about his usual business of ingraining himself even more into the community. He restored basketball courts at elementary schools. He donated significant money to inner-city school programs. He was inducted into the state's Hall of Fame to stand alongside the likes of Will Rogers and Gene Autry.

On July 4, 2016, Durant agreed to join the Golden State Warriors, leaving behind the only franchise he's ever known.

What changed?

To listen to Durant talk over the past eight years, leaving Oklahoma City seemed unlikely. Leaving for the Warriors -- a team that eliminated the Thunder in the Western Conference finals and had just won a record-73 regular-season games -- seemed even more improbable. Professional athletes say things, though, and as those close to Durant often say, he has a bad habit of telling people what he thinks they wanted to hear.

At his MVP speech in 2014, Durant galvanized Oklahoma City. "You get knocked down, but you keep getting back up, keep fighting, it's the perfect place for me," he said. "The grass isn't always greener somewhere else." As road writers baited for compliments about their city, Durant affectionately referred to Oklahoma City as home. He said he wanted to have his jersey retired there.

Even on the topic of ring chasing, Durant wasn't moved by the need for a championship to validate greatness.

"Our world revolves around championships," he said in a recent Sports Illustrated feature. "Who won the championship? Who will win the championship? If you're not the champion, you're a loser. If you're not first, you're last.

"Don't get me wrong, I want to win a championship more than anybody, but if you go through the journey we've gone through, you can also appreciate other things."

Durant repeated a phrase often: "I'm no frontrunner."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I did say it at the point where they didnt. So I was right for a day lol. They have depth now still isnt compared the best bench in the league last year

So far they swapped out West for Ezeli. Livingston and Iggy are coming back. Only question is Barbosa. As well as how they fill out the rest of the roster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...dude...that 42% from 3 is impressive...lol you got me there.....

What should concern Cavs/Cavs fans the most is that James is now not the #1 draw for FA veteran minimums.
He's pretty much had pick of the litter for the last 6 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAVID WEST HIT 3 MORE 3 POINTERS THAN I DID LAST YEAR!!!! LOL

thank God you added him....42% from 3.....maybe if he QUINTUPLES his 3 pt total next year he will ALMOST get to 20!

Whiteside has more assists....now THAT is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.