• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SA and Toronto will be fine regardless.....Gasol to the Blazers intrigues me.

He would give them a solid low post presence.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the teams he could go to......Miami is the best imo. And that includes my Lakers, but he's not interested in us. I just don't think him going to GS translates into the dynasty everybody thinks. They don't play the games on paper.

KD, Whiteside, and Wade as the 3rd option? Fucking insane.

Long term, Heat is great option, if that's what he's looking for now.

Add Bosh (for now) to KD, Whiteside and Wade, Winslow, Richardson...or if isn't Bosh because of his situation, then add another max type player next year (Westbrook), if that's what he wants??

I'm not at all saying or thinking he's announcing Heat today, but I promise that Riley put some thoughts in KD's mind that he's having a hard time dismissing.

KD could actually do what LeBron vowed to do.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its odd we didnt hear anything about his meeting with Miami. Nothing, other than it was over.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....thats not what Danny Ferry thought...or at least his scouts...

comments came from the Cleveland Cavaliers

The racist comments made about two-time NBA All-Star Luol Deng came from a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers head office it has emerged.

As you will probably know by now, the Atlanta Hawks find themselves embroiled in a racism storm after General Manager Danny Ferry quoted a scouting report about Deng in a conference call with team owners.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comments came from the Cleveland Cavaliers

The racist comments made about two-time NBA All-Star Luol Deng came from a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers head office it has emerged.

As you will probably know by now, the Atlanta Hawks find themselves embroiled in a racism storm after General Manager Danny Ferry quoted a scouting report about Deng in a conference call with team owners.

Not surprised at all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised at all.

If I recall, Deng said the Cavs were basically a mess.
The man was solid as hell during his 2 seasons here.
Hopefully he brings to the Lakers what they are hoping for.

#classguy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Dwyane Wade's loyalty worth?

-----Wade regressed quite a bit last season compared to his career stats. I can see why Miami is hesitant to give him all this money. A couple interesting articles breaking down his stats. I wouldnt give Wade anything longer than a 2 year deal.

Wade is not the same player

Wade ranked 39th among shooting guards in real plus-minus last season, and two of his teammates, Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson, ranked better.

Wade was fifth in the NBA in usage rate, but he had the second-worst player efficiency rating among players in the top 10 (only Kobe Bryant had a worse efficiency). His PER of 20.3 was his lowest since his rookie year.

What numbers suggest Wade is on the decline?

Wade ranks 39th out of 80 shooting guards in ESPN’s Real Plus Minus, and based on this stat, he is actually costing his team when he is on the court.

At the bottom
Dwyane Wade's effective field goal percentage on shots from outside the paint the last three seasons

2015-16 36.6*
2014-15 40.8
2013-14 43.2
*Worst in the NBA (min. 350 shots)

Shooting has been the main issue for Wade, who posted his lowest effective field goal percentage and true shooting percentages of his career this season.

Among the 126 players who took at least 350 shots outside the paint last season, Wade had the lowest effective field goal percentage (36.6 percent) in the NBA on those shots. Because of his lack of 3-point range and diminished driving ability, he also took some of the least efficient shots in the league overall.

Defensively, Wade has showed flashes of his vintage self, but overall he was an average or below-average defender, based on his defensive RPM of minus-1.78.

If Wade calls it quits (or signs elsewhere), he would leave as the Heat's all-time leader in points, assists, steals, games and minutes played among other categories. His 20,211 career points are more than twice as many as any other player in franchise history.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade in many ways is looking like Kobe Bryant very late in his career....the driving ability is perilously regressing, and he could never shoot the 3 to begin with.....so you are left with the least efficient shot in the NBA being the only viable one---- the mid-range game.

combine his lack of 3 pt shooting, with Dragic's poor 3 pt shooting, and Whiteside obviously cant shoot, and Justice Winslow- who i am assuming is going to start at SF- cant shoot the 3 either. That leaves PF- Bosh- who CAN shoot the 3 if he is healthy.....if Bosh is not avaliable - who plays the 4 though?

with losing Joe Johnson, and Deng- who Deng actually showed a little promise moving to the 4 (where i think he is a better fit at this point in his carer where his quickness is at)....after Richardson on this team? who shoots 3's?? Tyler Johnson was actually decent at 3's too and hes gone.

How can you have a team compete in the modern NBA that is just this awful at shooting the 3 pointer? That will put them behind the eight ball unless Riley can bring in some shooters somehow-

the Heat started playing better in the 2nd half of last year once they got Johnson and Richardson emerged and Deng was moved to the 4 and actually made a 3 here and there...once again the team has basically no three point shooting- besides Richardson it looks like.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-----Wade regressed quite a bit last season compared to his career stats. I can see why Miami is hesitant to give him all this money. A couple interesting articles breaking down his stats. I wouldnt give Wade anything longer than a 2 year deal.

Wade is not the same player

Wade ranked 39th among shooting guards in real plus-minus last season, and two of his teammates, Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson, ranked better.

Wade was fifth in the NBA in usage rate, but he had the second-worst player efficiency rating among players in the top 10 (only Kobe Bryant had a worse efficiency). His PER of 20.3 was his lowest since his rookie year.

What numbers suggest Wade is on the decline?

Wade ranks 39th out of 80 shooting guards in ESPN’s Real Plus Minus, and based on this stat, he is actually costing his team when he is on the court.

At the bottom
Dwyane Wade's effective field goal percentage on shots from outside the paint the last three seasons

2015-16 36.6*
2014-15 40.8
2013-14 43.2
*Worst in the NBA (min. 350 shots)

Shooting has been the main issue for Wade, who posted his lowest effective field goal percentage and true shooting percentages of his career this season.

Among the 126 players who took at least 350 shots outside the paint last season, Wade had the lowest effective field goal percentage (36.6 percent) in the NBA on those shots. Because of his lack of 3-point range and diminished driving ability, he also took some of the least efficient shots in the league overall.

Defensively, Wade has showed flashes of his vintage self, but overall he was an average or below-average defender, based on his defensive RPM of minus-1.78.

If Wade calls it quits (or signs elsewhere), he would leave as the Heat's all-time leader in points, assists, steals, games and minutes played among other categories. His 20,211 career points are more than twice as many as any other player in franchise history.

Riley's was gunning for the whale.
Wade can, and will just have to wait until the dust settles.
You REALLY think he's going to the Bucks or fucking Nuggets?

And how loyal was Wade, when he didn't tell Riley he knew James was leaving?
He was loyal....to LeBron..

#biggerfishtohopefullyfry

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple hours away, prob, anyone change there mind or want to guess where Durant is playing next year?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley's was gunning for the whale.
Wade can, and will just have to wait until the dust settles.
You REALLY think he's going to the Bucks or fucking Nuggets?

And how loyal was Wade, when he didn't tell Riley he knew James was leaving?
He was loyal....to LeBron..

#biggerfishtohopefullyfry
Wade's regressing anyway. He took a huge step back last year statistically. At age 35 next year you think hes gonna be a draw to incoming free agents?

or do you think Goran Dragic and Hassan Whiteside are going to be a draw for other players? I certainly dont- not when you have other combo's that are WAAAY better.

shit- next year--- if you are trying to sell a max player on Dragic, Whiteside and a 35 year old Wade- i think id rather look at the Lakers with Ingram and Russell.

i dont even know if you could have a starting lineup of:

PG- Dragic
SG- WAde
SF- Winslow
PF- Bosh
C- Whiteside

do you realize how little spacing and shooting that offense has?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple hours away, prob, anyone change there mind or want to guess where Durant is playing next year?
I said in the psychic free agent prediction thread he'd sign with the Warriors, but I definitely don't want him to go there. I'm sticking with that prediction, hopefully I'm wrong.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC.....no question in my mind. He'll sign a 1 year deal with an option for a 2nd but I think he walks next summer if they don't make it to the Finals.

This is my feeling as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.