• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if KD will take all day to make his announcement?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Wade set a record or something for blocks by a guard in the playoffs? Thought I remembered something like that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand, I'd wouldn't won't him to leave a title team to join up, but on the other hand, there's a part in me that wants to see the mass chaos that would break out if he joined the warriors...

oh WIGGY said he ain't the least bit concerned...

just sayin'...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple hours away, prob, anyone change there mind or want to guess where Durant is playing next year?

I say he stays in OKC this year, on a 1 and 1. I think the teams he met with this year, were actually pitching for the possibility of getting him next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston really is the most logical destination for KD. Why you might ask? Cause I'm biased!
that would be a damn interesting Eastern Conference Final for the first time in a while.

LeBron owns KD though. and Kyrie Irving would still be the next best player after in the series after those 2...

God I hated Paul Pierce....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say he stays in OKC this year, on a 1 and 1. I think the teams he met with this year, were actually pitching for the possibility of getting him next year.
maybe that was their intent but i dont think functionally it works that way...

so much can change in a year- so much can change in a freaking series or a game. IF the Cavs lose Game 7 their is more impetus to trade Kevin Love. If LeBron wins vs. the Spurs he stays in Miami. IF KD and RW finish off the Warriors and win or play a great Finals vs. the Cavs- hes probably already resigned long term. If the Clippers were healthy and played a beat up Curry in the 2nd round maybe they win and then lose to the Thunder and RW is back.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best move isn't to go to a team like Boston. Personally, Horford is the best player probably on that team right now - but he averaged 15 and 7 on Atlanta. He's a good player, but not elite. For Kevin Durant, he needs to join a team that has star power already and can fill out their roster with MLE and veteran players. Golden St. offers that with their star core locked up. If Jerry West had Durant, he could then find fillers for the bench.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so much can change in a year- so much can change in a freaking series or a game. IF the Cavs lose Game 7 their is more impetus to trade Kevin Love. If LeBron wins vs. the Spurs he stays in Miami. IF KD and RW finish off the Warriors and win or play a great Finals vs. the Cavs- hes probably already resigned long term. If the Clippers were healthy and played a beat up Curry in the 2nd round maybe they win and then lose to the Thunder and RW is back.

Love still isn't a great fit IMO, but with these crazy salaries keeping Love has to be the best move.

And I reeaallyyy hope Durant comes East, of course reason 1 is it could be Heat, but even if it's Celts it would be nice to see James have some real competition before the Finals.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh WIGGY said he ain't the least bit concerned...

just sayin'...
HEH, ITS OVER if KD goes there. They become the greatest starting 5(outside of the dream teams) and there is no possible way to defend them. Then there's also talk of Dirk going there as well which would be downright unfair...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. Word is though that KD doesn't want to go through this FA stuff again. However, it would be kind of foolish (financially and from a basketball perspective) for him to sign long term with OKC right now because he doesn't know what Weatbrook is going to do. It also doesn't make much sense for him to sign long term anywhere right now when he can make so much more next year.

Things may change some with the teams that were on his short list and another option or 2 may appear, but by interviewing teams with next year in mind, he streamlines the process for next year and can make his decision much faster.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An acquaintance of mine who has relationships with the Celtics is saying Durant has informed Boston he is signing with them.

Not sure if BS but a somewhat believable source.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 4m4 minutes ago
Chris Broussard Retweeted Caleb
Leaning, but this could really go either way - GSt or OKC. Would be shocked if any other team

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEH, ITS OVER if KD goes there. They become the greatest starting 5(outside of the dream teams) and there is no possible way to defend them. Then there's also talk of Dirk going there as well which would be downright unfair...

that...in a word...would be downright SICK...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best move isn't to go to a team like Boston. Personally, Horford is the best player probably on that team right now - but he averaged 15 and 7 on Atlanta. He's a good player, but not elite. For Kevin Durant, he needs to join a team that has star power already and can fill out their roster with MLE and veteran players. Golden St. offers that with their star core locked up. If Jerry West had Durant, he could then find fillers for the bench.

Boston has a solid nucleus......he'd make them the 2nd best team in the EC.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love still isn't a great fit IMO, but with these crazy salaries keeping Love has to be the best move.
No matter Love's defensive shortcomings he is still one of the best- if not the best big man shooter in the league which is amazing for teh spacing of the CAvs offense. He is also still one of the best rebounders in the league, and one of the best passing big men in the league.

I think his contract averages like 21 million for the next 4 years and i think - the only way you deal him is if you get blown away. The scenario that i always like was trading him in a 3 way trade to Boston- where Boston sends the Cavs Crowder (whos contract is amazing- FOUR years left at about 7 million a year), and then Boston sends young players and picks to Phoenix who is in a rebuild for Eric Bledsoe ( a Klutch client- that doesnt really fit into the Suns rebuild and has 3 years left at like 14 a year).....

that would give the Cavs those 2 guys- under contract at a reasonable rate for the long term- something essential if yo uare giving up Love...and i think they would both fit.

unless you are getting a deal like that though- i wouldnt even call the Cavs to discuss Love....he has too much value at the contract he signed and for the years he is signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.