• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also fail to mention cost of living.

Not sure what it costs in SA, but it's a shit hole.

As far as where Heat players live, Coral Gables, Star Island, Coconut Grove, etc..., yep it costs way more, but you aren't considering quality of lifestyle which they can all easily afford.
Ray Allen was paying 50,000/MONTH RENT (and I think he's still in same place today).

The original point of my post had nothing to do with thinking they actually needed the extra million, they don't.

It was just to show how taxes can differ from state to state.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.....I forgot SA has Aldridge and TD isn't retiring.....

Gasol ain't going there to back anybody up.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pizza for dinner.....nobody got time for cooking on the first Friday of free agency.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee would be really good in NY and more realistic than KD. Obviously, not close to the player KD is, but he'd be a solid fit at SG.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on FA so far:

-Best deal so far is Clarkson 4 years, 50 mil. He could honestly get more. Great deal for LA but he should fire his agent

-Worst deal so far. Tie between Mozgov and Evan Turner. If you make me pick, I'll go Mozgov because he's not a fit AT ALL and reeks of a panic move. Turner is overpaid but at least he's somewhat serviceable. Neither one of these deals is good.

-Congratulations to Memphis on locking yourself into mediocrity for the next 4 or 5 years. That team had tapped itself out as a 4 or 5 seed the last handful of years. They resign Conley and bring in Parsons to be...a 4 or 5 seed for the foreseeable future. Conley is a really good player. He'd be an all star if he didn't play in the loaded West. I'm fine with him getting that money. I'm not fine with Memphis giving him that money. At some point as a team, they have to realize they achieved all that they can achieve with Conley, Gasol, and Zbo. Parsons isn't making them dramatically better. Memphis has a great run. They were legit threats to get to the Finals for 3 years or so. There's no shame in realizing they aren't breaking that ceiling and moving on. Not every team should strip down and start over but Memphis is one of them. All they've done is delay the inevitable by 3 to 4 years.

-WTF is Orlando doing? DJ Augustin? Ok money for a backup guard I guess but Jeff Green? Really? And they pay him 15 mil, a number they weren't willing to pay Tobias Harris just last year despite Harris being a better, younger player with potential to be loads better? Orlando is drunk.

-Poor Dirk. Keeps giving up money and Dallas can't ever sign anybody. He should just ask Mark Cuban for the max this year (like 30+ mil for him), play out the year, and then go ring chase next year and retire.

-The Howard deal is...actually not all that bad. Polite clap to Atlanta.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered Wade 10 million. I actually hope Wade leaves now. That is beyond disrespectful

Really?
I didn't see that.
Isn't Tyler supposed to get 10M?

I think you're seeing 2015

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 1m1 minute ago
Sacramento & Chicago showing interest in Dion Waiters. Waiters will meet with Sacramento this weekend, sources say.

Rondo and Waiters would be a great new backcourt in Chi-town. :lol:
shocking that how big of a market Chicago is, how rich in tradition of basketball Chicago is, they cant seem to bring in a high named superstar.

I wonder if a big time supserstar who wants to make their own brand and own name of greatness in the league is forever hesitant to sign with Chicago because of the Jordan era. was Jordan's success and the Bulls success of the 90s their own worst enemy for long term success in Chicago?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?
I didn't see that.
Isn't Tyler supposed to get 10M?

It was just posted by Woj.

The Heat's initial offer of $10 million annually – which would've constituted a 50 percent pay cut from his $20 million 2015-16 salary – deeply angered Wade, league sources told The Vertical. Even with the Heat planning to counter to a higher figure, league sources said, Wade has been insistent on starting to explore the market and meet with teams once he returns from an overseas vacation, league sources said.

Sources: Dwyane Wade fielding $20 million-a-year offers

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,130.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t2dca18-_bigger.jpgJason LieserVerified account‏@JasonLieser
Bulls, Mavericks, Nuggets & Bucks all offering Wade multi-year deals with salaries at $20M+, per The Vertical. Heat's first offer was $10M

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just posted by Woj.

The Heat's initial offer of $10 million annually – which would've constituted a 50 percent pay cut from his $20 million 2015-16 salary – deeply angered Wade, league sources told The Vertical. Even with the Heat planning to counter to a higher figure, league sources said, Wade has been insistent on starting to explore the market and meet with teams once he returns from an overseas vacation, league sources said.

Sources: Dwyane Wade fielding $20 million-a-year offers
Man Wade is so tough to figure out what to pay him.

Although he is getting older, the guy can still put a team on his back on do some special things, he is also a good leader. However, he is getting old, how many more years he have left in the tank? List of injuries....so many things to consider when signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.