• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov 2 years ago played really well.....this last year it was speculated that he came back too early from knee surgery- never really got totally right and kind of lost his confidence and his spot- combined with the emergence of TT.

He is a legit player- and going into this season i dont think many people would have been too surprised to see him get something- not that big--- but a solid contract. The Lakers must think that he is more the player he was 2 years ago - then he was this year if they are going after him like that.

I think he is sufficiently quick enough where he wont just murder you on the high pick and roll- and he is a solid rim defender....

the mother fucker needs to learn how to catch a ball and dunk it though...i swear - the fucker dropped SO many passes this year- it drove me freaking insane.

Yeah, I see him getting that money for a similar reason to TT getting what he did. He fills a need and there aren't a lot of better choices. I don't think either of them are worth the money to a lot of other teams, but they fill a specific need for the teams paying them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your sake and sanity I hope your right, but I def don't see the attraction for anything close to that price.
if its 15 million- Robin Lopez got 13.5 million last year....

4 years seems like an awful lot i think is the problem....IDEALLY- i think you pay Mozgov about 10-13 a year for 2-3 years---- but its just not the environment we are living in. Kanter got 18 last year. Lopez 13.5, Carroll 15 last year....

Mozgov getting 15 with the cap jump is really not a huge surprise--- the 4 years is a little rough though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I see him getting that money for a similar reason to TT getting what he did. He fills a need and there aren't a lot of better choices. I don't think either of them are worth the money to a lot of other teams, but they fill a specific need for the teams paying them.
Surprised about Whiteside?

I was shocked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams would be falling hand over fist to give tristan thompson 16 million a year right now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if its 15 million- Robin Lopez got 13.5 million last year....

4 years seems like an awful lot i think is the problem....IDEALLY- i think you pay Mozgov about 10-13 a year for 2-3 years---- but its just not the environment we are living in. Kanter got 18 last year. Lopez 13.5, Carroll 15 last year....

Mozgov getting 15 with the cap jump is really not a huge surprise--- the 4 years is a little rough though.

IF he wasn't fully healed, maybe.
He is one huge man.
It's just insane though...all this money..
It's hard to fathom.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams would be falling hand over fist to give tristan thompson 16 million a year right now.

I agree, but it boils down to % of cap, and last year he ate up a ton more.
I guess if it's going to be like this, or worse, even figuring in that 1 year as a 'bad' deal, it's gonna work out in their favor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he wasn't fully healed, maybe.
He is one huge man.
It's just insane though...all this money..
It's hard to fathom.
it is hard to fathom and wrap your mind around - especially when you are so used to something for so long. The game has changed though. This is pretty much the new normal--- the cap is only going to continue to go up...there might be a little correction but i think its probably mostly wiped out by the continuing increase of the cap.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is hard to fathom and wrap your mind around - especially when you are so used to something for so long. The game has changed though. This is pretty much the new normal--- the cap is only going to continue to go up...there might be a little correction but i think its probably mostly wiped out by the continuing increase of the cap.

Like I said earlier, I can easily see a scenario coming with no max salary, and a hard, or near hard cap.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but it boils down to % of cap, and last year he ate up a ton more.
I guess if it's going to be like this, or worse, even figuring in that 1 year as a 'bad' deal, it's gonna work out in their favor.
well thats the thing- Thompson said if we didnt give him what he wanted- he was just gonna go unrestricted free agent this summer.

He initially asked for 5 years 94....getting him down to 16 a year average is not terrible--- last year it LOOKED bad- but over the term of the contract its going to be very reasonable.

Its ridiculous how good of a deal guys like Irving at 16-17 a year and Wall at 16 a year- are on for their teams....Love even too at just 21 million a year

Biyombo is gonna get a bigger contract than Tristan- and he is not as good as Tristan- not as durable- not as proven....he is VERY VERY VERY SIMILAR skill set wise...hes a poor mans version of TT - which we saw in the playoffs.....Thompson would get AT LEAST what Biyombo will get on the open market- likely more.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, I can easily see a scenario coming with no max salary, and a hard, or near hard cap.
why though? they are all making money

like i said- the revenue is split 50/50.....all this money the players are getting- the owners are getting it too. Its guaranteed that way...if its not a 50/50 split at the end of the year every single guys paycheck in the NBA is corrected either up or down proportionally.

the owners HAVE to get to the salary cap floor just in order to split revenues with the players- and this spending is what its gonna take just to get to NEAR 50%

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is with all of this money being thrown around...I'm coming out of retirement. I used to average 18 points a game as a 6'2" point forward in a 6'5" and under league that I played in years ago.

I should be able to get a 2-3 year deal at $4-5 million per...right? :noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats the thing- Thompson said if we didnt give him what he wanted- he was just gonna go unrestricted free agent this summer.

He initially asked for 5 years 94....getting him down to 16 a year average is not terrible--- last year it LOOKED bad- but over the term of the contract its going to be very reasonable.

Its ridiculous how good of a deal guys like Irving at 16-17 a year and Wall at 16 a year- are on for their teams....Love even too at just 21 million a year

Biyombo is gonna get a bigger contract than Tristan- and he is not as good as Tristan- not as durable- not as proven....he is VERY VERY VERY SIMILAR skill set wise...hes a poor mans version of TT - which we saw in the playoffs.....Thompson would get AT LEAST what Biyombo will get on the open market- likely more.

I still think outside teams would have to consider the advantages Tristan received by playing with James, that he wouldn't get playing with them, but..we'll never know.
The moves the Cavs made, paid off.
No dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.