• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I wish a lockout would come sooner bc the numbers are getting insane. Guys that arent worth even 10 could be making 16, 18, 20 even more it is getting stupid. Some are bench players.

Seriously, the only all-star guys in this free agency class is Durant......and then well down the latter, Horford and Dwight (maybe-ish).

Guys like Whiteside, Parsons, Batum, Harrison Barnes, and Ryan Anderson are decent. But after that, these are a mix of solid role players with some starters in there.

A lock out is coming and I'm all for it now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious that Beal is getting the max

Yeah it was almost 27 mil a year I think. Lebron is getting a little over 27 of course over one year. I know he has been hurt but he is 23. The Wizards really have no choice, you cant let a guy walk bc he could overcome injuries and haunt you for years to come. So the Wiz honestly had to do it, crazy he is making that much though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans, I'm beyond sorry right now. I never thought I would feel so bad for a franchise I've cheered against so much. I probably wouldn't even wish this on Cleveland. Like holy god it's going to be bad in LA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was almost 27 mil a year I think. Lebron is getting a little over 27 of course over one year. I know he has been hurt but he is 23. The Wizards really have no choice, you cant let a guy walk bc he could overcome injuries and haunt you for years to come. So the Wiz honestly had to do it, crazy he is making that much though.

Yeah, the Wiz are kinda stuck at that point.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Whiteside at $20 mil per isn't looking so bad now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Mozgov 4/60?

I think they jumped the shark.

Should have gone Mahinmi, Biyombo first.

Meh, I don't think he's worth that much, but they need a center. If he plays like he did in 14-15, then it might be okay. I don't know about Biyombo. I don't like the idea of paying a guy that much for what amounts to 1 really good playoff series.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the only all-star guys in this free agency class is Durant......and then well down the latter, Horford and Dwight (maybe-ish).

Guys like Whiteside, Parsons, Batum, Harrison Barnes, and Ryan Anderson are decent. But after that, these are a mix of solid role players with some starters in there.

A lock out is coming and I'm all for it now.
guys...this is what you have to realize...

the revenue is split 50/50 between players and owners.....thats what this money is...its not like the owners are going over the tax and screwing up the split with these contracts....the owners are making JUST As much more money...its insane.

there will be a market correction to a certain effect next year....but this is the new reality- and its based on the numbers- many teams are gonna have to spend a ton of money just to get to the salary cap floor.

if all this spending was luxury tax spending and the split was more than the 50/50 going to the players- i might agree with you guys----

this is literally- to a certain extent- just the status quo though...players get 50% of the revenue- with the new TV contracts this is what it looks like.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't think he's worth that much, but they need a center. If he plays like he did in 14-15, then it might be okay. I don't know about Biyombo. I don't like the idea of paying a guy that much for what amounts to 1 really good playoff series.

True...but, Mozgov is a finished product.

He's turning 30 this month.

Biyombo is 23.

I

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biyombo had a great series against the Heat and against the Cavs. So that's really two series, and that's where players are really tested. He's a solid rebounder and good defender. Given what TT is making, I'd rather go with the young guy who has room to grow as opposed to Mozgov who you already know what you're going to get with him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing interesting should happen tonight. I'll call it a night and expect things to heat up early tomorrow morning

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys...this is what you have to realize...

the revenue is split 50/50 between players and owners.....thats what this money is...its not like the owners are going over the tax and screwing up the split with these contracts....the owners are making JUST As much more money...its insane.

there will be a market correction to a certain effect next year....but this is the new reality- and its based on the numbers- many teams are gonna have to spend a ton of money just to get to the salary cap floor.

if all this spending was luxury tax spending and the split was more than the 50/50 going to the players- i might agree with you guys----

this is literally- to a certain extent- just the status quo though...players get 50% of the revenue- with the new TV contracts this is what it looks like.

I have to say, the perfect storm did indeed hit for the Cavs. Sure, Dan Gilbert's probably going to develop hemorrhoids once JR Smith signs his contract given that it'll likely set up around $35-$40 million extra in luxury tax payments, but shit. These contracts are ridiculous. Pays to be a free agent right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.