• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @the self made billionaire to whom money is no object being involved in another long, dragged out contract dispute with an important member of the team...over money.

:heh:

Lebron is now putting his two cents in. Problem this time, Lebron signed a 3-year deal where his opt out is after 2. He's lost a bit of his hold over Gilbert.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean Gilbert can actually NOT bend over and let LeClown drive...?

Not as much. Lebron got Gilbert off the hook with the title. Plus, with Lebron's annual opt outs lingering no longer an issue; Gilbert can now do as he pleases for the time being. If there's any other player on the Cavs next offseason, Gilbert will probably do his best then to not piss off Lebron. But by that time, Lebron will be close to 33 and I think Gilbert won't care as much at that point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @the self made billionaire to whom money is no object being involved in another long, dragged out contract dispute with an important member of the team...over money.

:heh:
you dont become a self-made billionaire by giving away money you dont have to give away- ESPECIALLY when salary cap is a limited resource. If it was just dollars and no cap like in baseball- the Cavs would win so many fucking titles like the 90's Yankees. Instead? Gilbert needs a genius GM like Griffin to help facilitate the World Champion Cleveland Cavaliers and the highest payroll in the league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers: Time For A LeBron-Bosh Reunion?

Adding Bosh would benefit Cleveland in a number of ways regardless of his role. Creating chemistry won’t be an issue with the Cavs either.

Bosh is both a friend of James and a former teammate of his. Bosh joined James with the Miami Heat where they won multiple NBA championships.

Given the decent, borderline solid depth upfront, Bosh would not need to come in and play a ton of minutes. He recently failed a physical based off of his blood clot issues. In turn, Miami moved on from him.

Despite all of that, Bosh’s career speaks for itself and teams should still be interested in signing him, including Cleveland. Even though the Heat does not want him, that is not to say others won’t want to sign him.

After the Cavaliers re-sign (it is just a matter of when) guard J.R. Smith, they still will have a spot available to sign the all-star forward. The success of Bosh and James, along with guard Dwayne Wade is very impressive, as hard as it is to accept as Cavs fans.

Had the trio stayed in South Beach, who knows how many rings they would have been in contention for. James is still at the top of his game, but both are different players now with age being factor why.

Given his health, uncertainty and doubts are understandable. That said, if Bosh would come in and play a complementary role and average a respectable portion of his points and rebounds, who’d say no?

At the end of the day, it all comes to down whether Bosh would accept such a role and money. He would have to take a significant pay cut given the Cavaliers’ tax situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James jabs Pat Riley for handling of Chris Bosh in Miami

Hey Joe: Any chance they would consider bringing in Chris Bosh if released from contract with Miami? -- Rick, Cape Coral, Fla.

Bosh, James' former teammate during four Finals trips with the Heat, has missed the second halves of the last two seasons because of blood clots and Riley said this week that "his Heat career is probably over."

Hey Rick: The real question is, would Bosh consider coming to Cleveland for about $1.6 million when he'll make $22.2 million from the Heat, whether he plays or not?
If the Heat waives Bosh because of his recurring blood-clot issue, and the Cavs were not concerned about his health, then, yes of course they would be interested.

But the league's other 29 teams are going to have the same concerns as the Heat. And whichever team decides to get over those concerns and pursues Bosh, the 11-time All-Star is almost surely going to want to go to an organization that can pay him above the league minimum. So let's just say the odds are long he ends up with the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always love when Lebron gets in another team business. Dude is such a dick

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers: Time For A LeBron-Bosh Reunion?

Adding Bosh would benefit Cleveland in a number of ways regardless of his role. Creating chemistry won’t be an issue with the Cavs either.

Bosh is both a friend of James and a former teammate of his. Bosh joined James with the Miami Heat where they won multiple NBA championships.

Given the decent, borderline solid depth upfront, Bosh would not need to come in and play a ton of minutes. He recently failed a physical based off of his blood clot issues. In turn, Miami moved on from him.

Despite all of that, Bosh’s career speaks for itself and teams should still be interested in signing him, including Cleveland. Even though the Heat does not want him, that is not to say others won’t want to sign him.

After the Cavaliers re-sign (it is just a matter of when) guard J.R. Smith, they still will have a spot available to sign the all-star forward. The success of Bosh and James, along with guard Dwayne Wade is very impressive, as hard as it is to accept as Cavs fans.

Had the trio stayed in South Beach, who knows how many rings they would have been in contention for. James is still at the top of his game, but both are different players now with age being factor why.

Given his health, uncertainty and doubts are understandable. That said, if Bosh would come in and play a complementary role and average a respectable portion of his points and rebounds, who’d say no?

At the end of the day, it all comes to down whether Bosh would accept such a role and money. He would have to take a significant pay cut given the Cavaliers’ tax situation.

The author of that article is a moron.

We'll ignore that Bosh just had his 3rd reoccurrence of blood clots.

And Bosh is a fucking moron himself and I'm sure his gold digging wife is in his ear about him being able to play.

I'm done feeling sorry for Bosh. If I had a medical condition that prevented me from doing my job, I don't have $76 million coming my way. Dude's being an unrealistic kunt.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James jabs Pat Riley for handling of Chris Bosh in Miami

Hey Joe: Any chance they would consider bringing in Chris Bosh if released from contract with Miami? -- Rick, Cape Coral, Fla.

Bosh, James' former teammate during four Finals trips with the Heat, has missed the second halves of the last two seasons because of blood clots and Riley said this week that "his Heat career is probably over."

Hey Rick: The real question is, would Bosh consider coming to Cleveland for about $1.6 million when he'll make $22.2 million from the Heat, whether he plays or not?
If the Heat waives Bosh because of his recurring blood-clot issue, and the Cavs were not concerned about his health, then, yes of course they would be interested.

But the league's other 29 teams are going to have the same concerns as the Heat. And whichever team decides to get over those concerns and pursues Bosh, the 11-time All-Star is almost surely going to want to go to an organization that can pay him above the league minimum. So let's just say the odds are long he ends up with the Cavs.

I don't think any Team will let him play this Season.

Clots in his lungs?

What is this guy thinking :noidea:.

But, would they sign him to the minimum, stash him on the roster?

Maybe.

Not sure what the incentive would be to waste a roster spot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any Team will let him play this Season.

Clots in his lungs?

What is this guy thinking :noidea:.

But, would they sign him to the minimum, stash him on the roster?

Maybe.

Not sure what the incentive would be to waste a roster spot.

Exactly. I love the fact that Lebron got involved as always. Maybe he should question Bosh about why he's been avoiding the Heat calls all summer long. Dude really need to stay in his lane

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The author of that article is a moron.

We'll ignore that Bosh just had his 3rd reoccurrence of blood clots.

And Bosh is a fucking moron himself and I'm sure his gold digging wife is in his ear about him being able to play.

I'm done feeling sorry for Bosh. If I had a medical condition that prevented me from doing my job, I don't have $76 million coming my way. Dude's being an unrealistic kunt.

He's taking the saying "Ball is Life" way too serious

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I love the fact that Lebron got involved as always. Maybe he should question Bosh about why he's been avoiding the Heat calls all summer long. Dude really need to stay in his lane

Yeah, don't understand why Lebron feels the need to comment on every single thing. Particularly things that don't even concern or are related to him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't understand why Lebron feels the need to comment on every single thing. Particularly things that don't even concern or are related to him.

And, let's just ignore the reoccurring blood clots, failed team physical, confirmed by league doctors, and that Bosh will be listed as inactive on the Heat roster until Feb.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW MAN: Having teamed with Michael Beasley last season with the Houston Rocketsand now in camp with Beasley with the Milwaukee Bucks, veteran guard Jason Terry said the Heat 2008 first-round pick is not as he was once perceived. "For a while here in the league, before he went to China and came back, the perception of Michael was that he wasn't a hard worker," Terry told Milwaukee's Journal Sentinel. "Well, you can get rid of that. He's another one of those guys that it's hard to beat to the gym." As for the scoring prowess that has gotten him back to the NBA, Beasley said, "God gave it to me. When I was two, I cleaned up and put all the stuff in bins faster than all the other kids. I just got a knack for putting things in a bucket."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some great debate material....

Depends on which way you look at it. I've already got Lebron in my top 5 where he, Kobe, and Duncan rotate out amongst one another. He wins another title and Finals MVP, he's in my top 4 definitively behind Kareem, Magic, and Jordan.

Jordan had to do 3 years of college as I believe that was a rule the NBA hand mandated at the time (not sure of that). Jordan also took 2 years off to play baseball - but that was after he was 31. The Finals appearances is a moot point given that Lebron's had zero competition in the East the last 2 years, hell, might as well make it 3 as everyone knew that Indiana's squad wasn't going to beat Lebron. Jordan prior to establishing his championship runs had to deal with the Bad Boy Pistons in the East as well as Bird's Celtics (although Bird was hampered by injuries in the late 80's).

Lebron's had a great run through the age of 31, there's no denying that. The thing that really made Jordan great was his 2nd 3-peat run. Everyone knew those years that the Bulls were going to win, particularly the last two. Of course this is all just opinion. I just can't put Lebron before Jordan anymore because of 2011, and to a lesser extent - his team getting absolutely demolished in 2014.