• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my contribution to this Dan Gilbert debate, I'd just like to point out that picture makes it look like Adam Silver is staring down at Doris Burke's cleavage.
:puke:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you're definitely confused- it's not Dan Gilbert that Laker fans, Heat fans or any fan for that matter- hate. I'm pretty sure the strong dislike is primarily focused on Dan's messenger- which would be YOU.

That's a fair assumption.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the Spurs had David Robinson and the Heat had Wade when they "started" their rebuild...o man thats too funny....

The Spurs are the poster child for not taking too- right Heatles? LOL.

Actually, yes. They didn't tank. Robinson was injured and missed most of the season. There is a big difference between tanking and just being bad.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cr67-tHVYAAhrKf.jpg:small

Jason Lloyd: Shumpert DUI arrest for marijuana, not alcohol, per arrest report. Admitted smoking it to officer & charged w/possession – less than 1 ounce
– via Twitter JasonLloydABJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..

a little too much celebrating for Shump?

the NBA cannot positively test for marijuana can it? the league wouldn't exist! lol.

I was off Monday and im gonna bill over 30 this week regardless....pretty awesome...this week FLEW by.

They would have a total of 3 players.....lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until I went a twitter just now, I totally forgot Dwight Howard went to the Hawks

I think it's a fantastic move for him. I expect him to have a big year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think going to Atlanta will be good for howard as well, could jumpstart his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying that going to Atlanta will be any better for Dwight than going to Houston or going to the Lakers. Going to the Lakers was supposed to be good for him because of their tradition of dominant bigs and having guys like Kareem as special consultants to help him develop his game. We all saw how that turned out. Kareem offered to help and Dwight's response was "I'm good, thanks though."

Going to Houston was supposed to be good for him because he didn't have to deal with Kobe hurting his feelings and he had one of the all time great bigs in Kevin McHale to help him develop his game. Instead, McHale got fired, Dwight's game hasn't changed and now he's off to Atlanta and that's supposed to be "good for him" too.

At some point, a player just is who he is and isn't going to change. That seems to be the case with Dwight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying that going to Atlanta will be any better for Dwight than going to Houston or going to the Lakers. Going to the Lakers was supposed to be good for him because of their tradition of dominant bigs and having guys like Kareem as special consultants to help him develop his game. We all saw how that turned out. Kareem offered to help and Dwight's response was "I'm good, thanks though."

Going to Houston was supposed to be good for him because he didn't have to deal with Kobe hurting his feelings and he had one of the all time great bigs in Kevin McHale to help him develop his game. Instead, McHale got fired, Dwight's game hasn't changed and now he's off to Atlanta and that's supposed to be "good for him" too.

At some point, a player just is who he is and isn't going to change. That seems to be the case with Dwight.

I just think their offensive style will help him. Playing with someone like Harden who plays Iso ball isn't a great fit for Dwight. I think he'll be good this year once he stays healthy. I'll say 16 and 11 or so

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think their offensive style will help him. Playing with someone like Harden who plays Iso ball isn't a great fit for Dwight. I think he'll be good this year once he stays healthy. I'll say 16 and 11 or so

In other words, he'll be the same guy. 16 and 11 are good numbers, no doubt. But we're talking about a guy with the talent to be hands down the best center since Shaq.

With his talent, Dwight should be a true difference maker. He just isn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

centers are just not NEARLY as important as they used to be either. If you saw a team that just throws into into a big in the post and plays the type of basketball that worked 20 years ago- that team today would suck. In today's NBA- unless you have a dominant center- devoting a humongous share of your cap to that position is a waste- especially if the guy can ONLY play center and cant play in small lineups.

Dwight is one of the hardest guys in the league to rank on like a top 30 list or whatever.