• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick to my stomach. Just wow
its just terrible. That could have literally been ANYONE. To do absolutely nothing wrong and to be murdered like that is beyond awful. She seemed, from the article, like a really good lady.

To have something like that happen in Solon is just completely unheard of.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the most distressing/messed up think to me is that HE caused the accident.

Yeah, that and the fact that he's a former Marine who served 2 tours in Iraq. To me, our military folks and first responders are heroes. To see one do something like this makes it even worse to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that and the fact that he's a former Marine who served 2 tours in Iraq. To me, our military folks and first responders are heroes. To see one do something like this makes it even worse to me.
I am sure he will invoke PTSD as a reason for doing what he did. I can imagine he had flashbacks to Iraq after his jeep flipped a few times- but c'mon....the poor lady had her hands up and did not cause the accident. Its just terrible.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As someone who also used to serve you're gonna find good AND bad people everywhere, man...

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who also used to serve you're gonna find good AND bad people everywhere, man...
True true. When I was in, my neighbor 3 doors down from me in on post housing decapitated his wife and wrote on the walls in blood. Not sure if he suffered from PTSD or if he was just one of the psychopaths that slipped through the cracks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True true. When I was in, my neighbor 3 doors down from me in on post housing decapitated his wife and wrote on the walls in blood. Not sure if he suffered from PTSD or if he was just one of the psychopaths that slipped through the cracks.

That's really the thing. Some of those fools DO slip through the system. Shows it ain't perfect...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine's wife. She was relocating from Wisconsin to Texas and got into a major accident in Oklahoma. Long story short, dude ran a red light and was found to have been drunk. Meanwhile the wife was in a coma for 3 weeks and has a nasty scar from it. Luckily she's good now. The guy is also dead. I guess the universe sort of worked out on that one.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine's wife. She was relocating from Wisconsin to Texas and got into a major accident in Oklahoma. Long story short, dude ran a red light and was found to have been drunk. Meanwhile the wife was in a coma for 3 weeks and has a nasty scar from it. Luckily she's good now. The guy is also dead. I guess the universe sort of worked out on that one.

We call that karma

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehh i dont think someone deserves a death sentence for running a red light while intoxicated.

Can't bring myself to shed a tear for said person either.

Totally agree with @MDX. You know how many people die yearly because idiots like that running a red light while drunk

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news is always so depressing. There was recently a couple in Burlingame, an affluent community in the Bay Area filled with multi-million dollar homes, that placed their dog in scalding hot liquid that lead to it's death. Shows you that crazy kind of stuff can happen in any community.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news is always so depressing. There was recently a couple in Burlingame, an affluent community in the Bay Area filled with multi-million dollar homes, that placed their dog in scalding hot liquid that lead to it's death. Shows you that crazy kind of stuff can happen in any community.
Big major problem is that the media focuses on the bad news more than any good news. It's the whole looking at the train wreck scenario...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother of three survives car crash — only to be gunned down by the other driver, police say

know this isnt basketball- but this shit is crazy- like 5 minutes from my parents house in Solon....unbelievable....

Deborah Pearl was driving to work Saturday morning through the local streets of Solon, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb so serene that Money magazine last year named it one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.

It was just after 7 a.m. when the 53-year-old mother of three cruised through an intersection and a man in a sport-utility vehicle ran a red light, slamming into the driver’s side of Pearl’s Ford Taurus, police reports would later say.

The intensity of the crash caused Pearl’s car to skid across the intersection and the SUV to roll several times until it came to a rest flipped upside down, police reports said.

Both drivers survived; somehow, the man in the SUV was able to walk out of his now-overturned vehicle.

And that is where the tragedy begins.

Cleveland.com reported.

Police and other officials would later identify the man as a former U.S. Marine, one who had been deployed to Iraq twice.

The female witness, who gave a written statement to the police, told Cleveland.com what happened was so traumatizing that she did not want to be named.

Rifle in hand, the driver of the SUV walked toward Pearl and — as she held her hands up — shot her several times, the woman told the news site.

“I can’t get her screams out of my head,” she told the site.

Several people in the area appeared to have witnessed the accident. Another woman, Jamirra Brabson, heard four shots, then a woman scream, before three more rounds of at least three shots, the site reported.

“Then it was just silence,” Brabson told the site.

Jesus....did he have ptsd?

Are you guys allowed to open carry in Ohio?

Even if so, why the fuck is he rolling around with a RIFFLE?!?!

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, my family spends 1/3 of each year in Arizona.

They have a serial killer in the Phoenix area just shooting the shit out of people.

Black, White, Latin...50 year old men, twelve year old girl, 4 year old boy..no pattern, rhyme or reason, to the victimolgy.

It's barely being reported. But, they had a live feed of the stand off at Chris Brown's house yesterday.

The End is near...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have a serial killer in the Phoenix area just shooting the shit out of people.

Black, White, Latin...50 year old men, twelve year old girl, 4 year old boy..no pattern, rhyme or reason, to the victimolgy.

It's barely being reported. But, they had a live feed of the stand off at Chris Brown's house yesterday.

The End is near...

You would think the serial killer would be sensationalist news that would be pretty mainstream, but weird that its not. Be safe out there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The End is near...
i have heard that too about the Arizona guy- and it is strange that it isnt big news. I wonder if there is some kind of an operational reason behind that.