• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA season opens two months from today. Most teams open camp about a month from now
over under on Cavs wins for me is 60.

what would your number be for Heat wins?

obviously the two worst teams in the EAst are the Nets and Sixers....Orlando I THINK is the next worst but they have some upside....i think Miami PROBABLY slots above those 3 somewhere with Milwaukee, Detroit but not quite on the Wizards or Knicks....

out West....I was having a hard time picking who makes hte playoffs- because at least a couple VERY VERY talented teams will miss the playoffs.

1. GSW
2. SAS
3. Memphis
4. LAC
5. OKC
6. Dallas
7. Houston
8. Utah

those are 8 pretty damn good teams. That means very solid teams like Minnesota and New Orleans could very well miss out. The rest of the West--- the Kings, Suns, Lakers, Nuggets are all pretty rough....id probably rate those 4 teams- Kings, than Suns, and Ihave a hard time picking between Nuggets and Lakers for who will have the better record next year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of COURSE NOT.

if an owner went out and left Cleveland again like Model did- just like when Model left- no fan with even an OUNCE of self respect would ever root for the team again

you have would to be gutless beyond words.

uh kay...

well, the Chiefs moved from Dallas, and the Lakers moved from Minneapolis. I have no problem continuing to follow either of 'em...though I guess you'd consider that "gutless"...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over under on Cavs wins for me is 60.

what would your number be for Heat wins?

obviously the two worst teams in the EAst are the Nets and Sixers....Orlando I THINK is the next worst but they have some upside....i think Miami PROBABLY slots above those 3 somewhere with Milwaukee, Detroit but not quite on the Wizards or Knicks....

out West....I was having a hard time picking who makes hte playoffs- because at least a couple VERY VERY talented teams will miss the playoffs.

1. GSW
2. SAS
3. Memphis
4. LAC
5. OKC
6. Dallas
7. Houston
8. Utah

those are 8 pretty damn good teams. That means very solid teams like Minnesota and New Orleans could very well miss out. The rest of the West--- the Kings, Suns, Lakers, Nuggets are all pretty rough....id probably rate those 4 teams- Kings, than Suns, and Ihave a hard time picking between Nuggets and Lakers for who will have the better record next year.

Depending on the Bosh situation.

With no Bosh I would lean towards 37.5 or 38.5

With Bosh I'll say about 43.5

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psh, ive sat in the Dawg Pound at the old stadium. Only difference for the Black Hole is their is a LOT more felony convictions and GED's in Oakland.

:lol: And? In the Dawg Pound you're with other Browns fans. That's why you in the black hole wearing Browns gear would be more entertaining. They don't take kindly to fans in the other teams gear.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would actually root for the Raiders if they moved to Las Vegas?

thats humiliating.

DJ is in LA I'm assuming. What difference does it make to drive multiple hours to Oakland or multiple hours to Vegas? At least in Vegas, you have more entertainment opportunities for a long weekend.

Being a fan of a team doesn't mean being a fan of a city necessarily. If they leave YOUR city it does hurt more, and I'm guessing DJ became a Raiders fan when they were in LA (?), so he's already stuck with them through at least one move.

Pretending that expansion team in Cleveland is really still the same Browns franchise is a little weird IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ is in LA I'm assuming. What difference does it make to drive multiple hours to Oakland or multiple hours to Vegas? At least in Vegas, you have more entertainment opportunities for a long weekend.

Being a fan of a team doesn't mean being a fan of a city necessarily. If they leave YOUR city it does hurt more, and I'm guessing DJ became a Raiders fan when they were in LA (?), so he's already stuck with them through at least one move.

Pretending that expansion team in Cleveland is really still the same Browns franchise is a little weird IMO.
Browns kept their names/colors/history.

Did you know the Browns have one of the biggest national fan bases of any of the big sports leagues? Browns Backers are in practically every decent sized city in the country. Its kinda crazy.

If the Browns ever won the Super Bowl- the Cavs parade would pale in comparison to what would happen. Id be legitimately afraid of being downtown if the Browns won it all. Dont think ill have to worry about that anytime soon though. lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you know the Browns have one of the biggest national fan bases of any of the big sports leagues? Browns Backers are in practically every decent sized city in the country. Its kinda crazy.

If the Browns ever won the Super Bowl- the Cavs parade would pale in comparison to what would happen. Id be legitimately afraid of being downtown if the Browns won it all. Dont think ill have to worry about that anytime soon though. lol

Dolphins fans can say the same shit. Thing is, we never justify to anyone else how big our fanbase is. We're currently focused on the fact that we're one of the worse 5 teams in the league right now and will be so long as Ross is the owner given that he just handed the keys to Tannebaum.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins fans can say the same shit. Thing is, we never justify to anyone else how big our fanbase is. We're currently focused on the fact that we're one of the worse 5 teams in the league right now and will be so long as Ross is the owner given that he just handed the keys to Tannebaum.
yah i thought that guy was an idiot in New York.

What do you think of Tannehill? ...its funny how signings like Suh just rarely work out in the NFL.

It just amazes me the amount of attention the Browns get in this city when they have been so shitty. They absolutely are the most popular sports team on the radio, etc with the most buzz even though they are by far the worst team.

So many hillrats spend such a large portion of their income on season tickets it amazes me. I hate the Browns stadium too- it has no character unlike the old Municipal stadium. Its just like some cookie-cutter corporate bullshit stadium that could be anywhere. IT sucks. If they were gonna do that at least make it a dome so we could host a Final Four or something.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i thought that guy was an idiot in New York.

What do you think of Tannehill? ...its funny how signings like Suh just rarely work out in the NFL.

It just amazes me the amount of attention the Browns get in this city when they have been so shitty. They absolutely are the most popular sports team on the radio, etc with the most buzz even though they are by far the worst team.

So many hillrats spend such a large portion of their income on season tickets it amazes me. I hate the Browns stadium too- it has no character unlike the old Municipal stadium. Its just like some cookie-cutter corporate bullshit stadium that could be anywhere. IT sucks. If they were gonna do that at least make it a dome so we could host a Final Four or something.

I agree. Tannebaum ran the Jets into the ground (thank god). He got on the train when most of the team was already built when they made it to two straight AFC title games. Dude can talk his way into a job, I'll give him that.

Tannehill will always be average, which is his ceiling. He's improved a little under Gase who's starting to grow on me as a coach. Problem for Gase is that he has an incompetent front office headed by Tannebaum. They let Miller go and we have no definitive answer given that Ajai looks like crap and every RB on our roster has a huge question mark. We also let go of Vernon when we could've signed him earlier in the offseason before last season, but we chose to play the bargain - which didn't pay off considering he's the highest paid DE by the Giants. Back to Tannehill - he still waits in the pocket for too long and stares down his receivers. I'd be surprised if we finish anywhere above 4-12.

But yeah, football's the most popular sport in the country. Miami will always be a football town. Especially with the Canes getting Mark Richt, the city's actually gleaming again about football unlike the last few years. Now if the Dolphins could actually get their shit together, things would be like they were in the late 90's and early 2000's.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's well known the Browns kept their history and colors. Who else wanted them?

The new Browns are an expansion franchise. New owner, new front office, new coaches, new players. Whether or not they kept a record book that has no attachment whatsoever to the current franchise or wear the same colors really doesn't mean a thing now.

I wouldn't worry too much about your scary Browns' super bowl parade. They've only managed two winning seasons and one playoff loss in their 17 years of re-existence. 87-185, an average of 5-11.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well known the Browns kept their history and colors. Who else wanted them?

The new Browns are an expansion franchise. New owner, new front office, new coaches, new players. Whether or not they kept a record book that has no attachment whatsoever to the current franchise or wear the same colors really doesn't mean a thing now.

I wouldn't worry too much about your scary Browns' super bowl parade. They've only managed two winning seasons and one playoff loss in their 17 years of re-existence. 87-185, an average of 5-11.

Amazing how Butch Davis has been this Browns version's best coach. Everyone in Miami knew he wasn't going to do anything in the NFL given the talent he had in Miami. Bruce Arians even called him out for being a subpar coach. But yeah, the Browns are a long ways away from being a contender - like my Dolphins. But like both teams, I actually like their respective head coaches.

@WiggyRuss - Dolphins vs. Browns AFC Title game 2022. Book it.....hopefully

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how Butch Davis has been this Browns version's best coach. Everyone in Miami knew he wasn't going to do anything in the NFL given the talent he had in Miami. Bruce Arians even called him out for being a subpar coach. But yeah, the Browns are a long ways away from being a contender - like my Dolphins. But like both teams, I actually like their respective head coaches.

@WiggyRuss - Dolphins vs. Browns AFC Title game 2022. Book it.....hopefully

They have both upgraded at coach, that's for sure.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they needed a PG...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20968984-mmmain.jpeg

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways...

off topic, but today's my 31st Wedding Anniversary. I know, but I had to say it lol...:heh:

hoping y'all will be that lucky one day as well...:thumb:

now back to your regularly scheduled basketball talk...:D
Happy Anniversary man!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways...

off topic, but today's my 31st Wedding Anniversary. I know, but I had to say it lol...:heh:

Celebrating our 7-year anniversary on September 7th. We're trying to get married next year on the same date in the Keys. The lady doesn't like to fly at all, so I'm probably going to have to get her blacked out drunk to get her on the plane.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways...

thats a helluva blow-up-doll that can last 31 years....got your monies worth outta that one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a helluva blow-up-doll that can last 31 years....got your monies worth outta that one.

Is this you getting jealous because even blow-up dolls won't stick around for you?

The last time you probably had anything even close to female contact is when HurricaneDj put on his schoolgirl outfit and sang "Hit me Baby one more time" for you in your moms basement.