• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be pretty funny...to deal Dragic and STILL owe the 2 first rounders they dealt for him to the Suns...I imagine they regret that deal mightily.

If it happens, why?
It would almost guarantee them a ticket to the lottery which increases the value of this years picks.
It also frees up a ton of cash for next summer. We could have 50M+, correct?

Didn't the Cavs give up 2 #1's for Mozgov?
They got nothing back in return, and gave away strictly because of no cap space.

#hypocrite

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Miami to avoid this. Gay sucks and I like what I'm seeing for this group in the preseason. You can always trade Goran in the offseason if you need the cap space. I don't think they go this route unless the season gets off to a really bad start in the first two months

If the move is made, obviously it's not to make the results of this season better.
I agree they could easily move Dragic later this season, or after it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be pretty funny...to deal Dragic and STILL owe the 2 first rounders they dealt for him to the Suns...I imagine they regret that deal mightily.

They would likely get a first rounder back. And like Turnup said it would give them a ridiculous amount of cap space for next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it happens, why?
It would almost guarantee them a ticket to the lottery which increases the value of this years picks.
It also frees up a ton of cash for next summer. We could have 50M+, correct?

Didn't the Cavs give up 2 #1's for Mozgov?
They got nothing back in return, and gave away strictly because of no cap space.

#hypocrite
well they did get a title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude who do they have besides Delly after dealing MCW?

I know the Freak is running the point.

But, they traded their other Pg to Houston for Beasley.
yah i just dont think anyone is trading a lotto pick for dragic at this point...i mean i dunno- esp. taking that whole K.

and and like we said- giannis is running the point there---- in philly- it looks like they are gonna try and get simmons into a similar type role- why trade for a guy like that who makes a ton of money and doesnt really fit the timing for each teams rebuild?

i dunno- i guess its possible- i think sac would actually be a pretty good fit- though- if i were a team looking for a PG why not go get Rubio- who i like more and is a lot less of a financial commitment- and the cost would probably be similar.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Draymond f---ed up practice and s---," then-Warriors center Marreese Speights says. "Draymond's a good guy, but I think at the end of the day, it hurt the whole chemistry of the year." One player in particular, he says, took much of the heat: "Draymond and Klay got into it a lot." (Thompson declined to comment for this story.)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they did get a title.

Mozgov had nothing to do with the title.
If they would have won season 1, then lost him for nothing your point would be valid.
As is, it's just typical deflection.

As far as your Heat comments, when Dragic was acquired, nobody on earth anticipated Boshs health failing.

Since it did, Riley is smart to look to what is best moving forward, then crying over spllled milk.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov had nothing to do with the title.
If they would have won season 1, then lost him for nothing your point would be valid.
As is, it's just typical deflection.

As far as your Heat comments, when Dragic was acquired, nobody on earth anticipated Boshs health failing.

Since it did, Riley is smart to look to what is best moving forward, then crying over spllled milk.
what does that have to do with the fact that they likely seriously regret this trade- i mean- correct me if i am wrong

and its NOT like the Cavs situation A. the Cavs won a title- and B. it would be like if the Cavs traded for Mozgov- and then gave him a huge deal- and then decided to dump his salary. Not quite the same, lol. Trading 2 extremely lightly protected picks at that which are practically guaranteed to be much better than whatever denver got from the Cavs...i mean- for you to compare the 2 shows your total lack of attention to detail.

geez- i didnt think it was controversial to say the Heat regret the move after trading multiple first round picks for a guy that are lightly protected- giving him a huge contract- and then trying to move him in a salary dump in order to go i nthe tank...thought that was 100% self evident and reasonable. apparently not . lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Draymond f---ed up practice and s---," then-Warriors center Marreese Speights says. "Draymond's a good guy, but I think at the end of the day, it hurt the whole chemistry of the year." One player in particular, he says, took much of the heat: "Draymond and Klay got into it a lot." (Thompson declined to comment for this story.)
but its fine...lets put the chemistry issues to bed for this team before the ball even goes up in game 1....not to mention that article made it seem like Walton was the peacemaker and now he is gone.

Im not saying its gonna be a problem- who knows---- even after reading that article im not gonna invite that shit storm down on me---- but the people who act like their is just no question that this whole thing is gonna work out and that we can "put it to bed" are just so delusional its frightening.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its fine...lets put the chemistry issues to bed for this team before the ball even goes up in game 1....not to mention that article made it seem like Walton was the peacemaker and now he is gone.

Im not saying its gonna be a problem- who knows---- even after reading that article im not gonna invite that shit storm down on me---- but the people who act like their is just no question that this whole thing is gonna work out and that we can "put it to bed" are just so delusional its frightening.

I don't think anyone said they're going to be at their peak from game #1. This is more of a lockeroom issue. You have them losing before the finals? Simple yes or no

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at he messed up chemistry on a team that won 73 games-and created a record doing so- and made it to game 7 of the Finals- for the second consecutive season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at he messed up chemistry on a team that won 73 games-and created a record doing so- and made it to game 7 of the Finals- for the second consecutive season.

I don't think its an on court issue. Seems like more of a personal issue. No big deal to me though. Just like any other work environment, not everyone you work with will be your best buddies outside of the job.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its an on court issue. Seems like more of a personal issue. No big deal to me though. Just like any other work environment, not everyone you work with will be your best buddies outside of the job.
This is true- can't make everyone happy all of the time. But maybe he should've explained it a different way because it seems like if their chemistry was really messed up-even if this started as a locker room issue- they probably wouldn't have been as successful on the court as they were.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- those are Klay Thompson's words.

that- AND- the fact he got himself suspended for going after other player's junk on multiple occasions.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt it seem like walton was the peacemaker and the guy that kept draymond at least a little sane though? at least from reading that article?