• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread part 2

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when they run back the montage of LeBron's career they will end with the block. That was the best play in the highest leverage moment- Game 7- time running down- to make that insane play when he did- thats what we will remember like Jordans push off of Russell...in all likelihood anyway...ya never know- but i cant imagine it gets much better than making a play like that in a game 7 like he did.
Best block I've ever seen in terms of significance and impact.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is draymond green insane?

IT'S JUNE 19, 2015, three days after the Warriors have claimed their first title in 40 years, and Oakland's victory parade has become quite the joyful Draymond Green showcase. More than a million fans lining the parade route have been treated to Green on the mic, slurring in E-40-style syntax: "Cavaliers. Nope. We won? Yup. They suck? Yup." And as that parade reaches the rally beside Oakland's Lake Merritt park, they are also treated to a glimpse of the often tense relationship between Green and his coach, Steve Kerr.

When it's his turn to address the crowd, Green, victory cap slightly askew, shambles across the podium, snatches the mic and declares that he's excited to be speaking. Golden State PR maestro Raymond Ridder, Green explains, "tried not to let me talk today. He know I'm gonna get controversial."

And then he proceeds to validate most all of Ridder's fears: "With these guys, everything's fun. The only time it's not fun is practice ... film ... games ... bus rides. I'm the only person that gets talked about what shots I take and all those things by Steve Kerr. Like, every time I take a shot, he complains. So that's why, if you see, every time I make a shot, I look at him. Dude complain every time I take a shot."

From his seat on the stage behind Green, Kerr shrugs and loudly counters: "Twenty-four percent!" Which just happens to be Green's 3-point shooting percentage during the final three rounds of the playoffs.

Green chuckles, bounds over, grabs Kerr from his chair and drags him to the podium. There are hypothetically a few drops of tension to be wrung from this moment. "This my guy," Draymond starts, prompting Kerr to pat his chest. "From the start of training camp, he hated me. That's no lie. He probably still hates me. That's no lie. But we going to keep winning these championships -- and that's no lie."

Kerr, who's been gamely laughing at the display, steals the mic. "You know how they start to play music at the Oscars when it starts to go on a little long and security comes and grabs the guy? That may happen here in a few minutes. Thanks, though, Draymond," he finally offers, before fleeing for the safety of his seat.

PUT TO BED ALL THOSE QUESTIONS ABOUT DRAYMOND not wanting the ball----- definitely put them to bed..nothing to see here. lol.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you keep trying to fool us and throw us off the scent- but we all know you have the largest collction of LeBron bobblehead dolls in the world in your house - valued in the tens of thousands of dollars- but you would never sell them as they are priceless to you. The act is getting old.

clearly you ain't the brightest bulb in the room. but hey, keep on attempting to convince everyone here i'm "acting". it IS your time to waste, after all...:D

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!!! I wonder if this has something to do with why they picked up Pau.

My first thought was : It's not true.

But, Jackie Macmullan is no hack.

If it came from Brossard, I'd write it off immediately.

But, not Jackie Mac.

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but hey, WiggityWack. there WOULD be just one LeClown bobblehead I would like to have and laugh at...oops, I meant "treasure", of course...

it'll look like this after he loses this upcoming finals...:sadbron:

there, THAT should make you feel better...:heh:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Kings, Heat Discuss Trade Involving Gay, Collison, Dragic

Heat looking to trade the 2nd most important player to their success this season... for 2 expiring contracts?

Sounds to me like the Heat are gearing up to try and make a huge splash next offseason. This trade could easily result in a high lottery pick next draft and the room to go after CP3 & Blake.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a ufa.

I'd take the guy on the long-term deal.

Plus, I think Aldridge would fit better next to DeAndre.
True statement as far as Blake being a ufa. As far as a better fit, I'm not so sure. Blake is more talented offensively too, and a slightly better rebounder. I don't think that trade would make you guys better personally.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat looking to trade the 2nd most important player to their success this season... for 2 expiring contracts?

Sounds to me like the Heat are gearing up to try and make a huge splash next offseason. This trade could easily result in a high lottery pick next draft and the room to go after CP3 & Blake.
that would be pretty funny...to deal Dragic and STILL owe the 2 first rounders they dealt for him to the Suns...I imagine they regret that deal mightily.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True statement as far as Blake being a ufa. As far as a better fit, I'm not so sure. Blake is more talented offensively too, and a slightly better rebounder. I don't think that trade would make you guys better personally.
blake is tons better than alrdidge....aldridge left the blazers and they actually performed better...the guy is soft mentally and plays a soft game...hes like a poor mans chris bosh that doesnt play the defense and has no guts.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understood the issue last year correctly, Aldridge wants to play PF, not center. If that's the case, the Spurs getting Pau should take care of that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although Blake is improving, Aldridge is a better shooter.

That gives DJ more space.

As far as making us better?

No....Aldridge is not nearly the athlete nor can he create, take Dudes off the dribble like Blake.

But, he's less of a bonehead and under contract for the next few seasons. So, I'd do the deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus they just played Tyler Johnson.

I don't think Blake and Paul are a package deal anywhere besides the Clippers.

They don't get along great. So, I doubt they take a pay cut to buddy up someplace else.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Blake is improving, Aldridge is a better shooter.

That gives DJ more space.

As far as making us better?

No....Aldridge is not nearly the athlete nor can he create, take Dudes off the dribble like Blake.

But, he's less of a bonehead and under contract for the next few seasons. So, I'd do the deal.
Opinions vary. You really think Aldridge is a better shooter?

Disclaimer: I'm a big fan of Blake, and have always thought Aldridge was overrrated.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions vary. You really think Aldridge is a better shooter?

Disclaimer: I'm a big fan of Blake, and have always thought Aldridge was overrrated.

It's funny, Blake is my favorite player.

But, maybe 2 Seasons ago, it was Aldridge.

Maybe I'm looking to far ahead re: Free Agency.

But, I'd take Aldridge.

He didn't have a great year last Season. But, he wasn't terrible either.

Again: Blake has improved. But, Lamarcus has been knocking down shots over a larger sample size.

Clippers are notorious for losing their top guys for nothing in Free Agency or to life altering injuries.

Obviously, I would love for him to reup.

However, With his relationship being stormy with Cp3, I'd trade him for a player of Aldridge caliber if it meant keeping Chris.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer Miami to avoid this. Gay sucks and I like what I'm seeing for this group in the preseason. You can always trade Goran in the offseason if you need the cap space. I don't think they go this route unless the season gets off to a really bad start in the first two months