• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 - 2017

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be curious is NE goes after Sankey. I was on board for a trade, but this could be better.
I thought the same thing once he was released. Does he have any past knee injuries? If so I'm sure BB finds a way to put him on the roster.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this thing will take. If you can't get this to work here, copy the URL to your browser. I nearly pissed my self watching this. Roger Goodell's Reaction to the Patriots Victory over Arizona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kd_Kgckn9I

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing the film of Lewis practicing, I started to think about this Patriots offense. Once Lewis returns, ai don't think any team can try to plan to stop any one thing.

QB - Brady is Brady and as long as he's upright, he's the best in the NFL. JG has shown us that he's more than ready to step in and the position doesn't hiccup.

RB - Blount is the battering ram and he exhausts defenses. White is fast and is showing that he has taken some time to work on his pass catching and running. Add a healthy Lewis and this group becomes absolutely dominant.

WR - Chris Hogan has been better than we thought. 7-11 is Always Open and so is Hogan. He gives Brady the missing, tall, downfield threat that Brady has missed since Moss left. Edelman is still reliable in the short passing game and still gets those 7-8 yard third done plays for a first down. Amendola becomes the forgotten man until Brady hits him for 20-25 yards and then the defense starts to ask where the hell he came from. Finally, Malcolm Mitchell. He's been sideline with a leg injury but when he gets on the field, he's a 12-17 yard great hands sideline threat.

TE - What can you say that hasn't been said? Gronk and Bennett. Body shot and Uppercut. Thing is AJ Derby is a left hook and has been blocking great on the right side. No one is even noticing him in the Red Zone.

Come week 10 this offense will be well oiled and the weekly point production will move from the low to mid thirties into the mid to high forties. The Patriots defense won't have to worry about holding down any team's offensive point production, The opponents will have to worry about scoring 6-7 TDs just to stay with the Patriots offense.

Right now, there are no dominant defenses in the NFL. Cruise Control to the Super Bowl.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....barring injuries, yes, this offense is getting scary.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....barring injuries, yes, this offense is getting scary.

Inside the NFL picks the Patriots to win the AFC unless they get clubbed by a bunch of injuries. They think Denver has the defense to be there in the AFCCG and like I said last week, Buffalo is the new media darling and they have the Bills at #3. They need to look at the Bills schedule and at the last 3 games they've played. The QBs were an injured Jacoby Brissett, Casey Keenum and Colon Kaepernick. Not exactly the iron of the NFL. Let's see where they stand after a few games with the Patriots, Steelers, Bengals and Seahawks at full strength.

As far as the NFC goes, they think the Seahawks and Cardinals are best bets to win. No one else even got as much as a mention.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are 9-2 and have 5 games left. I wouldn't consider any of them a piece of cake.

Next week the Rams come to visit. They aren't terrible but they don't play well on the road. The pats should win this one.

Baltimore - Never an easy game for the Pats. The ravens seem to be finding themselves a bit and are clawing to stay in the playoff race in the AFC North. Fortunately this one is at Foxboro. Pats should win this one, but it'll be tough sledding.

Denver - Hate going out there. Almost as much as they hate coming to Foxboro. If the defense can ramp it up a notch, this one could be a blood bath and the team with the ball in last 1:30 wins on a FG.

NY Jets at Foxboro. This should be a win. Jets don't play well in Foxboro.

Miami - Miami is fighting for a Wildcard. Playing the last game of the season in the Miami heat is always a challenge for the Patriots. If the team is healthy, the Patriots should be able to close the season with a hard fought win.

I'd like to say that the Patriots will finish at 14-2 but Denver is such a weird place for the Patriots 13-3 is not out of the question.

It certainly will be interesting.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any game can be close. That's why Gostkowski needs to clear out the cobwebs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are 9-2 and have 5 games left. I wouldn't consider any of them a piece of cake.

Next week the Rams come to visit. They aren't terrible but they don't play well on the road. The pats should win this one.

Baltimore - Never an easy game for the Pats. The ravens seem to be finding themselves a bit and are clawing to stay in the playoff race in the AFC North. Fortunately this one is at Foxboro. Pats should win this one, but it'll be tough sledding.

Denver - Hate going out there. Almost as much as they hate coming to Foxboro. If the defense can ramp it up a notch, this one could be a blood bath and the team with the ball in last 1:30 wins on a FG.

Miami - Miami is fighting for a Wildcard. Playing the last game of the season in the Miami heat is always a challenge for the Patriots. If the team is healthy, the Patriots should be able to close the season with a hard fought win.

I'd like to say that the Patriots will finish at 14-2 but Denver is such a weird place for the Patriots 13-3 is not out of the question.

I hope the Denver game doesn't come down to a FG the way Ski has been kicking of late. Then again maybe a clutch winning FG after a hard fought contest may be just what the doctor ordered to get him right?
As fot the Miami game does BB pull the same stunt as last year and give up HFA?
I'm good with 13-3 but leaning toward 12-4. I hope I'm wrong?

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost has been having a very trying season so far. He is no longer automatic with his kicks. I feel BB will still go with him the rest of this season (unless he completely loses it) but will have a new placekicker in camp next year to challenge Ghost. Also, I think this may be the year Josh gets another shot at a head coaching position. My most likely spots would be Cincinnati or Chicago, with both coaches on the hot seat. Coming from NE Ohio, McDaniels would probably like the idea of a job closer to his birthplace. BB already has his potential replacement (Daboll) on the coaching staff.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the Denver game doesn't come down to a FG the way Ski has been kicking of late. Then again maybe a clutch winning FG after a hard fought contest may be just what the doctor ordered to get him right?

KC beat the Broncos. Broncos, Raiders and Chiefs will be hard to beat.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After seeing Derby get some crucial first downs for Denver against the Chiefs.... I'm convinced he will be the dagger in our throats that game.

Thanks alot Belichick - meanwhile BB goes into NY with two gimped TEs and a healthy scratch for a backup.

Not looking like a good move!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Derby get some crucial first downs for Denver against the Chiefs.... I'm convinced he will be the dagger in our throats that game.

Thanks alot Belichick - meanwhile BB goes into NY with two gimped TEs and a healthy scratch for a backup.

Yeah I hated seeing Derby go. Granted this current NE D will likely get bitch slapped by him. But, let's give it time. Van Noy seems to be a good fit. Plus they moved up a round from 6 to 5. Maybe they find another Derby?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have really liked what I have seen of Derby. Seems to be getting caught up on the playbook very quickly and is becoming the Broncos 3rd option behind DT and Sanders in the passing game. We finally have somebody who can attack the middle of the field. Wasn't sure about the deal when we made it but have been very happy with the results.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has decided to have Harmon do a TJ Ward on him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB has decided to have Harmon do a TJ Ward on him.

Tackle a big guy low like you are taught in middle school football? Yeah makes sense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackle a big guy low like you are taught in middle school football? Yeah makes sense.

CD, I coached kids 5 years old through high school. Never once in 44 years did I teach a kids to forcefullky roll into the legs of another player. A tackle is something that 95% of defensive backs in the NFL cannot perform properly. Arms extended apart, contact the other player between the numbers and top of the knee area. Wrap the arms around the legs of the other player and grasp your wrist with your other hand. Do not grab your on hand when tackling or the force of the other player's step will break your grip.

Ward dove into Gronk's leg impacting his knee with the back of his shoulder. That is not a tackle by definition.

I know he's a Bronco and you will protect him to your death or until he plays somewhere else, but it was a cheap shot in my opinion and my experience as a youth coach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, I coached kids 5 years old through high school. Never once in 44 years did I teach a kids to forcefullky roll into the legs of another player. A tackle is something that 95% of defensive backs in the NFL cannot perform properly. Arms extended apart, contact the other player between the numbers and top of the knee area. Wrap the arms around the legs of the other player and grasp your wrist with your other hand. Do not grab your on hand when tackling or the force of the other player's step will break your grip.

Ward dove into Gronk's leg impacting his knee with the back of his shoulder. That is not a tackle by definition.

I know he's a Bronco and you will protect him to your death or until he plays somewhere else, but it was a cheap shot in my opinion and my experience as a youth coach.

Well then you coached very differently from the coaches I had growing up. We had a kid in our area that as a 7th grader was 6'2" tall and around 240. He was actually having college programs calling him to come play football for them in 7th grade! Whenever we went against them the coaches always told us you have to hit a big guy lower to get him down. So we worked on lowering our target zone. Yes Ward didn't try to wrap up so it wasn't a great tackling technique when he made that hit but I also think that was just him understanding if he tried to hit Gronk in the numbers he was the one who was going to suffer and Gronk stood a good chance of continuing on. Heck last year in the regular season one of our safeties tried to go high on him and he just trucked him to the ground. The rest of the game they went lower on him to bring him down. That isn't dirty it is just the way the rules have set up to try and bring those guys down. You throw in players in the NFL have complained quite a bit about all the new rules that have forced them to go lower. It isn't just Ward going low. This is a league wide thing happening because of the suspensions and fines because of the targeting rules.