• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember before the Lakers played the Warriors this year, they were saying how they Luke Walton wanted Randle to play something like Draymond Green
that is really really interesting and would be a great way to find Randle's ceiling as a player.

Just because of how he is built, and his shaky shot- he was never going to be a rim protector, or a stretch 4......but i think Walton is right in that i think Randle is just a really good basketball player- kind of like draymond- and can move the ball, set guys up, and make plays for others.

Its a very interesting way to use him- and gets the most out of him. Guys can develop shots over time too....coming into this year i was 50/50 on whether he could develop into an impact player down the road at some point- but it sure looks like he has that ability.

When you realistically look at it- PF is probably the most loaded position in the game (i think PF and PG are pretty close- but id prob give it to PF)--- to be a real impact guy you need to be freaking great. I think that over hte last couple weeks we have seen that Randle has the potential to be that kind of guy down the road at some point.

of course- a ton of credit goes to luke walton though as well- all though- replacing Byron Scott is not exactly replacing Bill Walsh. Walton was the perfect coach for that situation. That has to be the most important move the Lakers have made in the last 4 years- hiring him---- all though- i still LOVE the fact they took Russell over Okafor when a LOT of people thought it should have been Okafor.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope security got that guy a beer. And the irony of it all.....he went to go snitch on the guy to security where it deeply offended Russel.

Maybe he was upset the guy didn't take him up on his offer :noidea:.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leading the NBA in scoring.

List that under things I did not see coming.
Yea. I was more mocking the comparisons in the media. They make me giggle.

He has had a beast of a start though, he looks and sounds like he has figured some stuff out, and this isn't a fluke.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If The Atlanta Hawks' coaches and players can keep Howard playing his role and not cooperate for awhile then go playground and petulant like he did in Houston and L.A., I really like this team.
Low post offense and defense is far better than last season. It's not quite the perimeter shooting or passing team we've had recently, but it might be a stronger playoff contender.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Dwight's FT shooting is awful tonight.

* see Clint Capela

BRUTAL

Before Saturdayy’s game Clint Capela was shooting 23.5 from the line. In the loss to the Spurs the Swiss big man made 2/2 from the free throw line and is percentage raised to 31.6%.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I was more mocking the comparisons in the media. They make me giggle.

He has had a beast of a start though, he looks and sounds like he has figured some stuff out, and this isn't a fluke.

Yeah, you don't throw out GOAT comparisons all Willy nilly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets vs Cavs today.
should be a good one. Charlotte has looked really good. Kemba looks like a bona fide all star level player- and there defense has been great.

Cavs are playing some really good ball- it wont last- but they have 3 players averaging over 9 rebounds right now- thats insane.

Lebron is at 23, 9 and 9....crazy. obviously its very early but ya gotta love the way the Cavs are playing and how relaxed and cohesive they look.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demar derozan...
i ripped on him a little preseason as i didnt think he was as good as the hype had been around him--- b ut gotta admit- wrong on that one. Guy has been amazing and taken another step.

HE keeps defying everyones expectations. I remember when he got that first big deal from Toronto people thought they were crazy. Now this one--- and he looks like he has taken that next s tepe to be a guy who is- at the very least- a top 20 player- if not higher- i nthe league.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is really really interesting and would be a great way to find Randle's ceiling as a player.

Just because of how he is built, and his shaky shot- he was never going to be a rim protector, or a stretch 4......but i think Walton is right in that i think Randle is just a really good basketball player- kind of like draymond- and can move the ball, set guys up, and make plays for others.

Its a very interesting way to use him- and gets the most out of him. Guys can develop shots over time too....coming into this year i was 50/50 on whether he could develop into an impact player down the road at some point- but it sure looks like he has that ability.

When you realistically look at it- PF is probably the most loaded position in the game (i think PF and PG are pretty close- but id prob give it to PF)--- to be a real impact guy you need to be freaking great. I think that over hte last couple weeks we have seen that Randle has the potential to be that kind of guy down the road at some point.

of course- a ton of credit goes to luke walton though as well- all though- replacing Byron Scott is not exactly replacing Bill Walsh. Walton was the perfect coach for that situation. That has to be the most important move the Lakers have made in the last 4 years- hiring him---- all though- i still LOVE the fact they took Russell over Okafor when a LOT of people thought it should have been Okafor.

Not often i've 'liked' one of your posts.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets look good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a return to OKC for Ibaka. 31, 9, and 4. Also shot hit the likely game winner unless OKC pull a rabbit out of the hat with .4 left

Status
Not open for further replies.