• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in this post is serious right?
The Lakers were hoping to sign some good players, but in order to sign those players they needed the right pieces with a young group that were ready for a new leader that could take them into the playoffs. The theory was that a KD player would be super-star and their leader. This was the Jim Buss vision although I don't think he expected that vision this year. I think he knew it would be one more year before it actually was a reality. In theory, however they would be ready to finish building - they only won 14 games though, Scott got fired, they got another first round draft pick and it will be another year before that happens. Don't blame me if this sound crazy - I am not Jim Buss - it was his idea

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he misspoke.

Or

Maybe the KD he was referring to was Keyon Dooling:pound:.

Just jokes, @True Lakers Fan .
The Lakers earlier in the season say in 2015 thought that if they got 30 wins, that players like Kevin Durant would just jump up and down to sign with the Lakers. That was their mentality because of their past history. By the time the season ended, however - they realized that players no longer cared about their past and they lowered their expectations and went after players like Deng and Mozgov. As I said - it was the Jim Buss theory - that's why you heard so much complaining in here about Jim Buss

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Buss said -IN THREE YEARS WE WILL BE CONTENDERS OR I WILL STEP DOWN

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were hoping to sign some good players, but in order to sign those players they needed the right pieces with a young group that were ready for a new leader that could take them into the playoffs. The theory was that a KD player would be super-star and their leader. This was the Jim Buss vision although I don't think he expected that vision this year. I think he knew it would be one more year before it actually was a reality. In theory, however they would be ready to finish building - they only won 14 games though, Scott got fired, they got another first round draft pick and it will be another year before that happens. Don't blame me if this sound crazy - I am not Jim Buss - it was his idea
The parts that were crazy sounding had to do with KD being over the hill and not wanting him due to chemistry concerns.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The parts that were crazy sounding had to do with KD being over the hill and not wanting him due to chemistry concerns.
I am thinking about five years from now - We both know that even with a KD this year, the Lakers would still not be a legitimate contender for a couple more years and by that time I think he would be declining. KD needs a team that can win NOW - not in two years. As a player, I would want the Warriors or Cavaliers - Not the Lakers

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking about five years from now - We both know that even with a KD this year, the Lakers would still not be a legitimate contender for a couple more years and by that time I think he would be declining. KD needs a team that can win NOW - not in two years. As a player, I would want the Warriors or Cavaliers - Not the Lakers
As KD, you're right, I don't think the Lakers would help to fulfill his career goals in the short term. I guess Mecca and I misinterpreted your other pist.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As KD, you're right, I don't think the Lakers would help to fulfill his career goals in the short term. I guess Mecca and I misinterpreted your other pist.
I Know he is still a great player, but time in my opinion is running out for him to win a championship. To me the Lakers have paid the price and it's the matter of time before their current roster will be contenders. I think the Warriors may have ruined their chemistry, and it will take them the entire year to get it back but they will have a better shot at winning. With KD the Lakers don't this year. And even with 30 wins I still don't think KD could have done that. Next year with Ingram, I think the Lakers are there

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or......

He moved the goalpost?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like Delly? Lol

As a backup, irritant, spark plug, energy guy...yes.

Not as a Starter.

Guys like him *to a lesser extent than the names to come* Collison, Jack, Lou Williams, Jeremy Lin and Barrea can be such supersubs that Teams bite and think they can replicate those results as a Starter.

Usually, they can't.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody buying the Klay to Boston rumors?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley, Crowder, and the 2017 Nets 1st round pick that Boston owns.
Damn, that's not bad..lol

With a guy like Crowder in the second string, maybe send Iggy out for Tyson Chandler?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I've heard of it. I wouldn't mind if Klay ends up in Celtic green.

It's coming from Brian Scalabrine. At this point, it sounds more like a trade idea than a trade rumor.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With a guy like Crowder in the second string, maybe send Iggy out for Tyson Chandler?

The idea is that they would then use the Nets 1st rounder to trade for a center.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd hate to part with Bradley, but Thomas, Klay and Al would be a nice group.

Status
Not open for further replies.