• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my abridged version

smackdown_hotel_world_logo_by_thexrealxbanks-d690119.png

Reactions: TJL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting--- like you said- obviously an effect of defenses covering the perimeter

thats a weird list--- im looking at the teams- and the Bucks dont surprise me at #1 since their outside shooting is abysmal....

is this modified for pace? Im surprised Houston is so high up that list as well....really no rhyme or reason to it--elite teams and bad teams and mediocre teams

the Cavs are WAY down there which isnt a surprise to me.

I wouldn't think it's modified for pace, but it's clearly a reason why Houston and GS are high up on the list. I guess if you really wanted to get it to be absolutely stout, you could subtract any fast break points the team has per game. That might give you a more accurate picture at the points in paint generated in the half-court.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point- I like that second unit with Steph, Iggy, Dray, JaVale & maybe Livingston instead of Clark.
I hope if and when the Cavs play the Warriors that McGee is on the court as much as possible.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a surprise- you cant articulate an actual response- so this is what you default too- if i were you- i wouldnt have even attempted a response either because it would have only served to embarrass you. When individuals resort to the personal insults- you know they have been beaten.

How is telling you to stick your novel up your ass a personal insult?

I know nothing about you, I couldn't get personal even if I wanted too

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he would be amazing for the Sixers...they have teh $ to pay him too...
Yup.....If they get the Lakers pick, think they'll try to deal for Deangelo Russell?

They need some vets. He doesn't fit the description....

But, if he finds his shot, he'd be a fit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is telling you to stick your novel up your ass a personal insult?

I know nothing about you, I couldn't get personal even if I wanted too
its just not a surprise you resort to insults instead of trying to make a salient point or some kind of rebuttal- esp. cause theres just not much you can say.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a surprise- you cant articulate an actual response- so this is what you default too- if i were you- i wouldnt have even attempted a response either because it would have only served to embarrass you. When individuals resort to the personal insults- you know they have been beaten.
unless they're responding to tom foolery. :D

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just not a surprise you resort to insults instead of trying to make a salient point or some kind of rebuttal- esp. cause theres just not much you can say.

I can plenty, try this on for size

Heat in 6

Cleveland is a shit hole

We good now?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope if and when the Cavs play the Warriors that McGee is on the court as much as possible.
why would he need to be now that your dominant center (Bogut) has been waived??? :scratch:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.....If they get the Lakers pick, think they'll try to deal for Deangelo Russell?

They need some vets. He doesn't fit the description....

But, if he finds his shot, he'd be a fit.
i dunno.....i think dealing Russell right before he hits restricted free agency would seriously curtail his value. Id try and see how he plays with Ball. The problem is- if you have Clarkson, Russell and Ball- thats prob just too many guys who need the ball in their hands.

Id deal Clarkson as he has the least upside, and prob more value than Russell as- trading Russell right before he hits restricted free agency and will be due a huge raise is not very enticing to many teams.....its hard to justify giving up substantial assets when you also have to pay a guy who you would be paying more on potential then play to this point.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors I would venture to guess would use Pachulia and McGee combined for less than 24 minutes a game, if that, playing against the Cavs in the finals.

I would venture to guess the Warriors could play any one of 11 guys. It would be heavily based on 6 guys, with the other 5 being interchangable based on changing the game up.

Steph, Klay, KD, Draymond, Iguodala - core 5 (each would likely play 38 minutes)
Bigs - Pachulia, West, McGee
Smalls - Livingston, Barnes, Clark

I'd assume something similar would happen for the Cavs too. They'd have a few core guys, but they'd be interchangable based on who's playing the best. Like how Frye got cut out of the rotation last year. I'd love to see him get major minutes in the finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors I would venture to guess would use Pachulia and McGee combined for less than 24 minutes a game, if that, playing against the Cavs in the finals.

I would venture to guess the Warriors could play any one of 11 guys. It would be heavily based on 6 guys, with the other 5 being interchangable based on changing the game up.

Steph, Klay, KD, Draymond, Iguodala - core 5 (each would likely play 38 minutes)

I'd assume something similar would happen for the Cavs too. They'd have a few core guys, but they'd be interchangable based on who's playing the best. Like how Frye got cut out of the rotation last year. I'd love to see him get major minutes in the finals.
if Andre Iguadala is playing 38 minutes a game he is going to die. lol. Although- he did play 34 last season....a year older he is going to play more minutes? i dunno about that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Andre Iguadala is playing 38 minutes a game he is going to die. lol. Although- he did play 34 last season....a year older he is going to play more minutes? i dunno about that.

Well I didn't want to break down each player by how many minutes they'll get per game so I just estimated. Iguodala will likely be closer to 30, but Klay and Dray will easily be at 40. Steph Likely around there too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yah Frye is highly unlikely to play against hte Warriors unless McGee is on the floor- If i were to guess a guy who is a little bit of an underdog with conventional thinking that might get some run against the Warriors is Derrick Williams.

I wouldnt think Love would play 38 minutes.

Kyrie/Bron/Thompson will all see huge minutes. Id bet Shumpert sees pretty substantial minutes as well. Deron Williams and Jefferson will see some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.