• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were you i wouldnt read it either--- you wouldnt like it thats for sure...prob better off staying willfully ignorant.....details shmetails.

Hey bud, kindly take your novel and shove it up your fucking ass.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were you i wouldnt read it either--- you wouldnt like it thats for sure...prob better off staying willfully ignorant.....details shmetails.
Why would anyone need to? If we just wait patiently I'm sure it will become one or two of your posts here shortly....

Reactions: TJL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

say the Sixers get the 4th pick- and take Malik Monk- who i think would be a great fit there.....

who do you get to play PG for that team? That team would have some growing pains- no doubt- but holy crap would there be some upside

PG- XXXX
SG- Malik Monk
SF- Dario Saric
PF- Ben Simmons
C- Joel Embiid

Simmons eventually should be the "PG" for the team. That's the goal and that's where his potential upside is on the offensive end of the court. As a playmaker.

The Sixers could use a few additional perimeter players who can hit the open outside shots. I don't think PG will be as big of a need for them if Simmons pans out. We've already seen that in the half court Saric is legit as a passer and play maker as well. They just need some guys who can be knock down shooters for them and they'll have a really, really versatile team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely hate to say this, but the Warriors need to watch film of Houston and how D'Antoni utilizes Harden in the pick and roll. Is there any doubt Steph could be at least that effective with a similar system?

And I'm not even saying to use it 24/7 like Houston does either. It's when he plays with the second unit that would be the go-to time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers keep their pick- i see the top of the draft going like;

1. Celtics (via Brooklyn): Fultz
2. Lakers: Ball
3. Suns: Jackson
4. Sixers: Monk
5. Magic: Tatum

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. The Warriors have elite interior scoring, HOWEVER, it is predicated on them have a superior outside game which leads to easy buckets inside. Without the dominant outside scoring, they need to get more back cuts and things going to the basket. Unfortunately they also don't have the personnel to post in the paint and create that way, but I think it might be something to explore with Draymond. He's crafty around the basket and strong enough to go in against bigger guys too.

Definitely agree. I think a large part of this was the team was basically relying on Durant to be the guy to put his head down and get to the line. Once he was out, they forgot how to do that. Iguodala shies away from contact. Livingston isn't getting to the line either, and setting too many times for turn around shots which aren't falling right now. They need to figure out a way to attack the defense and get some additional points that way.
Yep, agree with both. This is why I think Kerr needs to explore starting JaVale & having pachulia come off the bench. JaVale & Dray play well together- and that would help get them some easy baskets around the rim-not mention keep the opposing offense from having their way in the paint.

I think Pachulia coming off the bench is what that second unit needs in terms of defense & the scrappy play. I'm not saying JaVale should permanently start, but if Kerr is tinkering with the lineup right now I think it's worth a shot.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

say the Sixers get the 4th pick- and take Malik Monk- who i think would be a great fit there.....

who do you get to play PG for that team? That team would have some growing pains- no doubt- but holy crap would there be some upside

PG- XXXX
SG- Malik Monk
SF- Dario Saric
PF- Ben Simmons
C- Joel Embiid
Maybe go after Teague?

Not sure if Nola nor Indy plan to go anywhere near a max salary for their incumbents.

So, they can be stolen with a overpay.

Worst kept secret in the NBA that Reggie Jackson is available as well.

They just need to stay away from Derek Rose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons eventually should be the "PG" for the team. That's the goal and that's where his potential upside is on the offensive end of the court. As a playmaker.

The Sixers could use a few additional perimeter players who can hit the open outside shots. I don't think PG will be as big of a need for them if Simmons pans out. We've already seen that in the half court Saric is legit as a passer and play maker as well. They just need some guys who can be knock down shooters for them and they'll have a really, really versatile team.
thats why i think Monk is a really good fit for them. You make a great point with Simmons--- they can use a more combo-like guard at the point if they wanted to/needed to.

I think Monk is a great fit there. Id love to see Simmons dish to Monk, Embiid and Saric...that would be fun.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. The Warriors have elite interior scoring, HOWEVER, it is predicated on them have a superior outside game which leads to easy buckets inside. Without the dominant outside scoring, they need to get more back cuts and things going to the basket. Unfortunately they also don't have the personnel to post in the paint and create that way, but I think it might be something to explore with Draymond. He's crafty around the basket and strong enough to go in against bigger guys too.

Definitely agree. I think a large part of this was the team was basically relying on Durant to be the guy to put his head down and get to the line. Once he was out, they forgot how to do that. Iguodala shies away from contact. Livingston isn't getting to the line either, and setting too many times for turn around shots which aren't falling right now. They need to figure out a way to attack the defense and get some additional points that way.
uhhh what? the Warriors have "elite interior scoring"? i mean- at least they have a guy that gets to the line now in Durant....but elite interior scoring? im just saying- that raises an eyebrow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bud, kindly take your novel and shove it up your fucking ass.
here is the abridged version

Riley is 70 and already mortgaged the future by dealing 2 future firsts that are lightly protected for Dragic- someone else will be left holding the bag when Riles rides off into the sunset here soon.

big time free agents rarely move- and will move even less under the new CBA- and tons more teams will have more attractive rosters to free agents then the Heat

the Heat's cap position isnt even that great after this summer when they will have almost 60% of their payroll taken up by 3 guys- none of which is even a #2 on a championship contender--- Whiteside/Dragic/and Tyler Johnson.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, agree with both. This is why I think Kerr needs to explore starting JaVale & having pachulia come off the bench. JaVale & Dray play well together- and that would help get them some easy baskets around the rim-not mention keep the opposing offense from having their way in the paint.

I think Pachulia coming off the bench is what that second unit needs in terms of defense & the scrappy play. I'm not saying JaVale should permanently start, but if Kerr is tinkering with the lineup right now I think it's worth a shot.

I agree with your premise, which is why I think ideally Javale should come off the bench still. However, he should be in there when both Steph and Dray play with the second team. The reason being is that if they do go to the pick and roll offense with Steph, having the lob threat of Javale there, prevents bigs from hedging too far and gives Steph additional room to operate going to the rim. Pachulia adds no real value to that and is best suited to use his passing when in operation of the full offense.

I would really like to see the same starters, but put the second unit of Steph, Clark, Iguodala, Draymond and Javale.

Second quarter they could start with Livingston, Klay, Barnes, West and Pachulia. Then finish with Steph, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond and one of either Livingston/Iguodala/Barnes or McCaw, whoever is playing the best.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe go after Teague?

Not sure if Nola nor Indy plan to go anywhere near a max salary for their incumbents.

So, they can be stolen with a overpay.

Worst kept secret in the NBA that Reggie Jackson is available as well.

They just need to stay away from Derek Rose.
i was almost thinking about bringing Jrue back-- but CS makes a good point that they really dont need a pure PG.....a combo guy would work- and might even be preferable considering Simmons' supposed passing ability.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is the MVP
I think Kawhi, Harden, Lebron, Westbrook....in that order.

But, I think Westbrook will win it for historical significance, even though Oscar Didn't.

I don't know a better way to phrase this....

Westbrook and Harden are a coin toss stat wise, Harden has led his Team to more success.

Westbrook will edge him with the pity vote because Durant left him high and dry and he went MEGATON.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is the abridged version

Riley is 70 and already mortgaged the future by dealing 2 future firsts that are lightly protected for Dragic- someone else will be left holding the bag when Riles rides off into the sunset here soon.

big time free agents rarely move- and will move even less under the new CBA- and tons more teams will have more attractive rosters to free agents then the Heat

the Heat's cap position isnt even that great after this summer when they will have almost 60% of their payroll taken up by 3 guys- none of which is even a #2 on a championship contender--- Whiteside/Dragic/and Tyler Johnson.

Here's my abridged version

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Stats - NBA Team Points in Paint per Game on TeamRankings.com

The Warriors are 5th in the NBA in points in the paint, per game.
interesting--- like you said- obviously an effect of defenses covering the perimeter

thats a weird list--- im looking at the teams- and the Bucks dont surprise me at #1 since their outside shooting is abysmal....

is this modified for pace? Im surprised Houston is so high up that list as well....really no rhyme or reason to it--elite teams and bad teams and mediocre teams

the Cavs are WAY down there which isnt a surprise to me.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was almost thinking about bringing Jrue back-- but CS makes a good point that they really dont need a pure PG.....a combo guy would work- and might even be preferable considering Simmons' supposed passing ability.
Yeah, your off-injured Center can't be your teams best shooter...lol

A Redick type would be nice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my abridged version

not a surprise- you cant articulate an actual response- so this is what you default too- if i were you- i wouldnt have even attempted a response either because it would have only served to embarrass you. When individuals resort to the personal insults- you know they have been beaten.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your premise, which is why I think ideally Javale should come off the bench still. However, he should be in there when both Steph and Dray play with the second team. The reason being is that if they do go to the pick and roll offense with Steph, having the lob threat of Javale there, prevents bigs from hedging too far and gives Steph additional room to operate going to the rim. Pachulia adds no real value to that and is best suited to use his passing when in operation of the full offense.

I would really like to see the same starters, but put the second unit of Steph, Clark, Iguodala, Draymond and Javale.

Second quarter they could start with Livingston, Klay, Barnes, West and Pachulia. Then finish with Steph, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond and one of either Livingston/Iguodala/Barnes or McCaw, whoever is playing the best.
I get your point- I like that second unit with Steph, Iggy, Dray, JaVale & maybe Livingston instead of Clark.

Status
Not open for further replies.