• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also also played in Lebanon...lol....who else in the NBA has that on their resume?

Shows he has great motivation and work ethic

Guess what else is on his resume?

only man on flat planet Earth to go from an NBA minimum to an NBA max in 1 season

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would he be scared of falling off the cliff when he thinks the earth is flat?
That's my point, the west coast is the end of the united states, so he thinks he's close to the edge of earth, lmfao.

It was a flat earth joke

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been gone since Friday. So I guess I haven't missed much? lol.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Whiteside make the Cavs his bitch this season? Asking for a friend.
source.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao, seriously bragging that a 6'10 PF played good D on a fucking midget?

You Cavs fans are fucking beyond delusional, so happy that we are only a few years away from your total irrelevancy again.
a "few years" away is sure a lot better than RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of it. LOL.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a "few years" away is sure a lot better than RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of it. LOL.

The Heat play in Miami, a top 5 city in the world, irrelevancy will never be a problem, the Heat will never have multiple years with top 3 picks, because people actually want to play here.

Once your Golden Ticket in LeBron is gone, you will go back to never being able to sign a Free Agent again, you'll go back to people seeing Cleveland for what it really is, a shit hole.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
114-84 Loss - 8 points 12 rebounds

120-92 WIN - 20 points 13 rebounds

106 - 98 WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN - 13 points 11 rebounds 2 blocks
i sure hope you DVR'd those regular season wins so you have something to watch while the Cavs are going deep into the playoffs yet again while the Heat are gone fishin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat play in Miami, a top 5 city in the world, irrelevancy will never be a problem, the Heat will never have multiple years with top 3 picks, because people actually want to play here.

Once your Golden Ticket in LeBron is gone, you will go back to never being able to sign a Free Agent again, you'll go back to people seeing Cleveland for what it really is, a shit hole.
oh yah....guys love playing there....attracting A level talent like Dion Waiters and Wayne Ellington has to have other free agents just clamoring to get there. LOL.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point, the west coast is the end of the united states, so he thinks he's close to the edge of earth, lmfao.

It was a flat earth joke
Yea I figured it was a joke- but if something is flat then typically there are no cliffs.....maybe I missed something?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah....guys love playing there....attracting A level talent like Dion Waiters and Wayne Ellington has to have other free agents just clamoring to get there. LOL.

uh, Shaq, Bosh, LeBron.

Once Bosh's $ is off the books you can bet your ass a top talent will come to Miami to play.

We have the top GM in the league, and a great coach, you have an owner who acts like a bitch, a coach who is only there because he's one of LeBron's bitches, and then you have the GM, LeBron, who once is gone will send Cleveland back into dire straights.

Enjoy it while it lasts faggot, and it won't last long.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their saving grace is getting 3 #1 picks in a 4-year time frame. Never been close to being done before. Pure lottery luck. These nincompoops also selected Anthony Bennett with one of those picks. Absolutely genius.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i sure hope you DVR'd those regular season wins so you have something to watch while the Cavs are going deep into the playoffs yet again while the Heat are gone fishin.

Too funny

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I watched the Warriors game last night and the team is in rough shape. Right now they're probably a 2nd round exit. They could probably get past the 1st round just on talent, but continuity would cause them to lose to most teams they could face in the second round.

I hate to say it to a guy who's taken this team to two straight NBA finals in his first two years, but at this point I would estimate 80% of the struggles of this team are on Kerr.

Here's the problem: The Warriors struggle to adapt and struggle to find out what works in end of game situations.

The 76ers took the Warriors to the edge last night. In the last two minutes of the game, the Warriors continually took the ball out of Curry's hands and still ran their motion offense. So what it effectively did was take the ball out of your best player's hand to let him create and figure things out. It was one of the more frustrating parts of watching the Warriors in recent years.

What's happening now is that Kerr isn't really adapting how the team plays to fit it's personnel. He's basically plugging and playing guys and that doesn't work. You have a rookie, who's a bit timid on offense, starting in place of one of the best players in the NBA. On top of that what he's essentially doing is kind of hiding him in the corner, so the team is playing 4 on 5 offense. Then you have West/Barnes now as the back up 4, where KD was and neither of them can accomplish what he did on both ends of the court. Yet they run the same offense with the second unit.

It's incredibly frustrating. Kerr is starting to make some changes in the rotation (which I think are way past due), which includes playing Steph more with Draymond.

This team is capable of a lot more if there was some flexibility by Kerr to make necessary changes to the game plan and not just try to plug in guys to fill holes. "Next man up" doesn't apply to your superstars when you've catered your team around them.

IMO: Kerr needs to do two things

1) Put Steph more in the pick and roll offense with the second unit. Let him facilitate and create for the second unit guys who can't do it themselves.

2) Put a traditional lineup to start the 2nd and 4th quarters with two bigs and concentrate on the defensive side of the ball. Right now Kerr is trying to stagger some of the offense, but it doesn't work when you're relying on just Steph or just Klay to do it all themselves. Let the 1st unit build the lead and play to their strengths. Let the second unit simply hold the lead.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vegas win totals for OKC were 43-45 depending on the futures site.
Meanwhile houston was 41, Boston 52, Cleveland 56, San Antonio 57

That destroys this fake narrative about Westbrook wildly overachieving with a limited roster.
The reality is that OKC is doing more or less what the betting experts expected of his roster.

Lebron & Thomas are doing about what was expected.
Kawahi should exceed expectations. Harden will greatly exceed expectations.

Vegas never viewed this as some 20-win roster than is only being salvaged by MVP efforts.
Kanter, Adams, and Olapido are not the same as freaking D-league castoffs. They are high quality pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.