• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that last part. Nba should give out rest games at reduced pricing. At least in baseball players who sit still can come in and pitch hit. These mugs sit or don't even show up for a game.

Exactly. At least be on the bench and in uniform so that if needed, they can play.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iverson says it best around the 6min mark

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, at least from the standpoint of "saying all the right things" this Magic as President of Basketball Operations and Pelinka as GM is off to a pretty good start.

Magic said that in hiring Pelinka as GM, he is hiring someone whose strengths cover his weaknesses and who knows what he doesn't.

Apparently, Pelinka has been teaching Magic about the salary cap, CBA, etc.

They also are apparently going to be doing things more like when Dr. Buss was alive. It will be a collaborative effort involving Magic, Pelinka, Luke, and Jeanie with everyone providing input and listening to one another.

With Jim and Mitch, Jeanie (and then Magic when he was brought on) were kept out of the loop with deals being discussed and even completed without Jeanie being apprised of what was happening.

Apparently, that lack of willingness to work together had quite a bit to do with the inability to land FA's and seems to show some of what LaMarcus Aldridge was talking about when he met with the Lakers and criticized their handling of the meeting afterward.

They say that they have also been going over the lists of guys who will be FA's in the next 5 years and are determining who they may want to target and how they want to approach them.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, at least from the standpoint of "saying all the right things" this Magic as President of Basketball Operations and Pelinka as GM is off to a pretty good start.

Magic said that in hiring Pelinka as GM, he is hiring someone whose strengths cover his weaknesses and who knows what he doesn't.

Apparently, Pelinka has been teaching Magic about the salary cap, CBA, etc.

They also are apparently going to be doing things more like when Dr. Buss was alive. It will be a collaborative effort involving Magic, Pelinka, Luke, and Jeanie with everyone providing input and listening to one another.

With Jim and Mitch, Jeanie (and then Magic when he was brought on) were kept out of the loop with deals being discussed and even completed without Jeanie being apprised of what was happening.

Apparently, that lack of willingness to work together had quite a bit to do with the inability to land FA's and seems to show some of what LaMarcus Aldridge was talking about when he met with the Lakers and criticized their handling of the meeting afterward.
What are your thoughts on passing on Jerry West?

The guy's record speaks for itself.

But, I don't see this in the same context of them passing on Phil for Trigger Mike.

Jeanie is going for long-term success and sustainability, not a quick fix.

How many productive years does the Logo have left?

This is a new bread of players and Pelinka speaks their language.

Jerry West was interested in returning to the Lakers, where son Ryan has carved out a useful role with the old and new regime, but, though Jeanie Buss will forever revere Jerry, he didn’t match her vision for the future, according to NBA sources. Bryant is loyal to Pelinka, but Bryant is sticking to his personal plan to stay focused on business pursuits rather than maximizing his basketball legend or taking on any actual Lakers role under new management.

– via Bleacher Report

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your thoughts on passing on Jerry West?

The guys record speaks for itself.

But, I don't see this in the same context of them passing on Phil for Trigger Mike.

Jeanie is going for long-term success and sustainability.

How many productive years does the Logo have left?

This is a new bread of players and Pelinka speaks their language.

Jerry West was interested in returning to the Lakers, where son Ryan has carved out a useful role with the old and new regime, but, though Jeanie Buss will forever revere Jerry, he didn’t match her vision for the future, according to NBA sources. Bryant is loyal to Pelinka, but Bryant is sticking to his personal plan to stay focused on business pursuits rather than maximizing his basketball legend or taking on any actual Lakers role under new management.

– via Bleacher Report

I think that, as you say, Jeanie is looking more towards the future. She has Magic, Pelinka, Luke, Jerry's son Ryan (who seems to be plenty sharp himself). Plus, he's under contract with GSW anyway.

Once his contract is up with the Warriors, maybe she looks at him for something like a part time adviser? However, given the direction she is trying to take the team, it may be best to just keep doing what she's doing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''You better respect them because they're here to stay,'' Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. ''They have pride. They're playing with a tremendous amount of confidence.''

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's episode of " Lavar Ball needs to stfu " Lonzo proves that he actually understands the job description of a pg * Gives @WiggyRuss the siiiiiiiiide eye* and Lavar continues to try and sink his Son's day aft stock.

LaVar Ball said he helped to build his sons into top players by placing them on the worst teams with the worst players. “If you can win with people that can’t play, that makes you special,” LaVar said. “Anybody can win when they’ve got all the best players. So that kind of made him [better] for whatever situation he was in, to always be the underdog. Give me whatever you want to give me; I’m going to do my best to help this team win.”

When asked about his unselfish style, Lonzo said it was his nature. “If you’re a point guard you should get your teammates involved before you,” he said. “That’s how I’ve been playing my whole life. It’s been a pretty smooth transition [to college]. Guys are a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, but the basketball’s the same.”

LaVar Ball said because he was able to raise his sons comfortably in an affluent Los Angeles suburb, Lonzo has no burden to have to help support his family. He can concentrate on playing.

“I can see it now,” LaVar said. “Come on, Lonzo, I need you to make some money so I can move out of Chino Hills because this swimming pool and these hills are killing me. There’s no pressure. If what I’m saying makes a team not draft Lonzo, guess what? He ain’t supposed to be there anyway.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_inline_mt1anwXVBA1qz4rgp.gif

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's episode of " Lavar Ball needs to stfu " Lonzo proves that he actually understands the job description of a pg * Gives @WiggyRuss the siiiiiiiiide eye* and Lavar continues to try and sink his Son's day aft stock.

LaVar Ball said he helped to build his sons into top players by placing them on the worst teams with the worst players. “If you can win with people that can’t play, that makes you special,” LaVar said. “Anybody can win when they’ve got all the best players. So that kind of made him [better] for whatever situation he was in, to always be the underdog. Give me whatever you want to give me; I’m going to do my best to help this team win.”

When asked about his unselfish style, Lonzo said it was his nature. “If you’re a point guard you should get your teammates involved before you,” he said. “That’s how I’ve been playing my whole life. It’s been a pretty smooth transition [to college]. Guys are a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, but the basketball’s the same.”

LaVar Ball said because he was able to raise his sons comfortably in an affluent Los Angeles suburb, Lonzo has no burden to have to help support his family. He can concentrate on playing.

“I can see it now,” LaVar said. “Come on, Lonzo, I need you to make some money so I can move out of Chino Hills because this swimming pool and these hills are killing me. There’s no pressure. If what I’m saying makes a team not draft Lonzo, guess what? He ain’t supposed to be there anyway.
This guy is a fucking clown x 10

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope that it's the Pistons that get pushed out and it's the Heat/Bucks who get 7 and 8.

I want to see playoff Giannis

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wiggy sayz Hassan hates Miami & can't wait to leave!

I know.
His house has a terrible location.
I doubt he even could leave with that custom aquarium.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seriously doubt that Lavar Ball makes any team seriously consider passing on Lonzo. In high school, a parent can make a coaches life hell. In college, they can be tough but have no real authority aside from public comments they make. In the NBA, players are grown men. Parents have little to no impact. Who cares what they say on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.