• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys think D-Wade will feel when he wakes up tomorrow morning and see the Heat in front of the Bulls?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you guys think D-Wade will feel when he wakes up tomorrow morning and see the Heat in front of the Bulls?

Probably will feel pretty good considering he can just roll over and look at Gabrielle Union

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get this resting of players bullshit. These are the same 82 games teams and players played in the 80s and 90s and no one purposely sat out because they were tired. Fucking Popovich man, he's the blame for this shit

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“I want to get it done as quick as possible,” he said, hoping Heat longterm interest is mutual. “Let's keep this thing rolling by any means. I don't want to go into free agency with a couple days and make a decision. I don't want that. I know where I want to be. Let's just get it done. My mom loves it here. Would be mad at me [if I left]. My son loves it. My family loves it.”

“Every day I'm in the locker room, I always look at the [Heat championship] pictures, always look at the champagne showers. I have visions about that every day. I ain't going to stop working until I get to that point.”

Hard to believe his family prefers South Florida over Cleveland and Ok City:rolleyes2:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 25 games:

Victims:
Houston x 2
Dallas
Milwaukee x 2
Warriors
Brooklyn x 3
Bulls
Pistons
Hawks x 2
Philly x 2
Wolves
Pacers
Cavs x 2
Charlotte
Raptors

Victors:

Magic x2
Mavs
Philly

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they can't.

I'm far from cocky, my Team makes underachieving an art form.

But, they can beat the Thunder and Jazz.

The Thunder are 2-2 vs the Clippers this year with each winning on the other home court. No reason to think OKC couldn't beat them in a series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to see stories like this

Nonetheless, Binkan Cinaroglu, an executive vice president of a real estate company, wasn't happy. Cinaroglu wanted his sister's boyfriend, Rodrigo Parra, 21, to experience a Warriors-Spurs matchup in San Antonio.

So he purchased a plane ticket for Parra to visit San Antonio from Tijuana, so that Parra could see his beloved Curry play. Cinaroglu also bought four tickets for $1,500 apiece to sit near the Golden State bench.

"When [Kevin] Durant got hurt, I said, 'That's fine, it'll still be a good game,'" Cinaroglu said. "Then Kawhi got hit in the head, and I say, 'There's no way Pop is going to play him (Saturday).' Then I'm at dinner yesterday and see a video of Steve Kerr saying he wasn't going to play any of his starters. We're heartbroken that we can't see Curry play."

Fans irritated by lack of stars in Dubs-Spurs

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nonetheless, Binkan Cinaroglu, an executive vice president of a real estate company, wasn't happy. Cinaroglu wanted his sister's boyfriend, Rodrigo Parra, 21, to experience a Warriors-Spurs matchup in San Antonio.

So he purchased a plane ticket for Parra to visit San Antonio from Tijuana, so that Parra could see his beloved Curry play. Cinaroglu also bought four tickets for $1,500 apiece to sit near the Golden State bench.

"When [Kevin] Durant got hurt, I said, 'That's fine, it'll still be a good game,'" Cinaroglu said. "Then Kawhi got hit in the head, and I say, 'There's no way Pop is going to play him (Saturday).' Then I'm at dinner yesterday and see a video of Steve Kerr saying he wasn't going to play any of his starters. We're heartbroken that we can't see Curry play."

People could say what they want, but pissing on your consumers is never a good idea. That's the beauty about the other major sports - NFL, MLB and NHL. You don't see this mass issue with teams resting certain players and having to hope that the game they go to is the one where all of the good players are the ones that are resting.

Popovich started this a couple of years ago when Manu and Timmy were getting a little long in the tooth. But now you have athletes in their prime making about $20 mil per year getting rest midway through the year. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never take the Bulls being a threat to anyone serious.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People could say what they want, but pissing on your consumers is never a good idea. That's the beauty about the other major sports - NFL, MLB and NHL. You don't see this mass issue with teams resting certain players and having to hope that the game they go to is the one where all of the good players are the ones that are resting.

Popovich started this a couple of years ago when Manu and Timmy were getting a little long in the tooth. But now you have athletes in their prime making about $20 mil per year getting rest midway through the year. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

Yep exactly. We have guys in their mid 20's resting for what? I pretty much stopped going to nba games for this exact reason.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know its not the Spurs fans fault, but Im guessing those same people couldnt care less when Pops rests his players and opposing teams fans are in the same boat.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Start the season 10 days earlier and get rid of the stupid all star game and back to back, 4 in 5 night problem would be solved.

Or, do what Wizards are doing.
Cut back on, or shorten practices.
They just played 4 in 5, back to back OTs and players say they feel great.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder are 2-2 vs the Clippers this year with each winning on the other home court. No reason to think OKC couldn't beat them in a series.
The Thunder won the first game, early in the Season, fair and square.

Their 2nd win was minus Blake and Paul.

Westbrook is scary. But, he's a one man band.

The Clippers are better.

The Thunder have a punchers chance to beat anyone.

But, the Jazz are the only Team in the West that I can see them Winning a series against and that's only if Hill, Favors and Hood aren't healthy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start the season 10 days earlier and get rid of the stupid all star game and back to back, 4 in 5 night problem would be solved.

Or, do what Wizards are doing.
Cut back on, or shorten practices.
They just played 4 in 5, back to back OTs and players say they feel great.

They already took care of the bold. Season is starting October 16th or 17th next season.

They'll never get rid of the AS game. I don't think that break should be a week though. Teams should be back in action by Wednesday IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.