• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So warriors vs Spurs tonight

No curry, Durant, klay, green, iggy, kawhi, Parker or Aldridge

Cannot wait!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like Josh Jackson from Kansas as the 2 of the future?

If he's available, sure. But I think if it comes down to him or Ball, the Lakers may very well take the local guy. They really can't go wrong with any of the top 3 and Russell can play either guard position or bring solid value in a trade. It'll be interesting to see what they do. But first, they have to actually keep the pick.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA is more troublesome

He missed 9 games before when this happened. It flares up every so often in the last 10 years.

Spurs just announced that Murray is not playing either FWIW.

The SPURS probably need to sign a point guard off the street for a 10-day contract in order to play tonight.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Durant having knee problems, Aldridge having health issues, Love having knee surgery and Jr being out for months.....

ya just never know when the perfect set of circumstances will occur- and you get a little luck yourself- for something shocking to happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA also used to be all about big men and dominating inside. Now, it's more about guards and 3 point shooting.

For several years, the NBA was about being physical and playing lock down defense, now it's about athleticism and high flying offense.

The point is, the league changes. Ever since the new CBA was signed, you have been saying that it means that far fewer top FA's are going to be switching teams. If that's truly the case, then the Warriors and Cavs may well represent the last of the "super teams" that were built by top players joining forces in FA.

If fewer top FA's are switching teams, then having solid role players and deeper benches will become even more important. Because now, the top teams will have 1, maybe 2 top level guys and their chances of winning a title will be about the quality of lower tier players they can put around them.

It's why the players who truly benefit from the current CBA, aren't the top FA's like Lebron, KD, etc. (they're going to get top dollar and still not be paid what they are actually worth) it's the next level guys who we've all been complaining are getting overpaid that truly benefit.

So, turnups point about having a team that can put solid players on the floor for a full 48 minutes could very well become exactly how the best teams are built going forward.
he can certainly have his theory.

My theory is that star powers wins- becuase whether it was centers that were dominant, or guards- fast teams, grinding teams, 3 pt shooting teams, post based teams etc. etc. etc.- the one common thread through it all has been that big time star power wins in the NBA. And you can DOUBLE that when it comes to the playoffs. Thats not changing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can certainly have his theory.

My theory is that star powers wins- becuase whether it was centers that were dominant, or guards- fast teams, grinding teams, 3 pt shooting teams, post based teams etc. etc. etc.- the one common thread through it all has been that big time star power wins in the NBA. And you can DOUBLE that when it comes to the playoffs. Thats not changing.

Your theory is how it is now. It's also the very thing the current CBA is designed to prevent, many contending teams in the past had 1 or 2 star players and very solid role players.

Star power will still matter, but it's unlikely to be 3 stars anymore. You are trying to claim both sides of the argument by claiming that the vast majority of top stars are going to stay put going forward, but teams will need 3 stars to win. Unless a team has some incredible lottery luck, the only way to put 3 stars together will be through free agency which you claim won't happen nearly as much anymore.

So which is it? Because it can't be both.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your theory is how it is now. It's also the very thing the current CBA is designed to prevent, many contending teams in the past had 1 or 2 star players and very solid role players.

Star power will still matter, but it's unlikely to be 3 stars anymore. You are trying to claim both sides of the argument by claiming that the vast majority of top stars are going to stay put going forward, but teams will need 3 stars to win. Unless a team has some incredible lottery luck, the only way to put 3 stars together will be through free agency which you claim won't happen nearly as much anymore.

uhhh. WHAT? lol

thats why you have trades and the draft.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey why can't he claim both sides? Did you forget how multi talented wiggy is!?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked I tell you...shocked that Jammin' Jimmer Fredette isn't in the NBA anymore. The league will fall apart w/o him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca

Durant having knee problems, Aldridge having health issues, Love having knee surgery and Jr being out for months.....

ya just never know when the perfect set of circumstances will occur- and you get a little luck yourself- for something shocking to happen.

Dude, I refuse to fall victim to a thing called " hope ".

Leave me be with my constant companion, known as despair.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news...

Tim Tebow is set announce on Monday that he realizes his dream of playing baseball is just about over. But he did play basketball in 6th grade so for the '17-'18 season he's gonna chase his dream of playing in the NBA. He's confident the Nets need a SF.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you of course will have the rare high level free agent move---

but they already move through trades a lot more then through free agency-

Cousins? trade, HArden? trade, Love? trade, Isiah Thomas? trade, Carmelo? trade, CP3, trade-

Curry- draft, Draymond- draft, Klay?- draft, Kyrie?- draft, Paul George?- draft, Jimmy Butler?- draft, Gianins?- draft, RW?- draft, Griffin? draft, DeRozan? draft, M. Gasol- draft, Lilard?- draft, Heyward? draft, Drummond? draft, Towns and Davis? draft, John Wall, Bradley Beale , Porzingis

compare that to- some very high level guys- but a LOT LESS frequently- free agency- LeBron- Durant, Horford, Lowry, Howard, Aldridge,

there will be of course free agents that move- itll just become less and less and less likely- just as it already has been.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked I tell you...shocked that Jammin' Jimmer Fredette isn't in the NBA anymore. The league will fall apart w/o him.

Hear me out, before you start throwing tomatoes at my head.....

I bet Jimmer would flourish with the Warriors, maybe even Cavs.

On those great Teams, he could surely fill the Steve Kerr role in Chicago.

Okay.....now you can let em fly.

MidwestTomatoFest.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you of course will have the rare high level free agent move---

but they already move through trades a lot more then through free agency-

Cousins? trade, HArden? trade, Love? trade, Isiah Thomas? trade, Carmelo? trade, CP3, trade-

Curry- draft, Draymond- draft, Klay?- draft, Kyrie?- draft, Paul George?- draft, Jimmy Butler?- draft, Gianins?- draft, RW?- draft, Griffin? draft, DeRozan? draft, M. Gasol- draft, Lilard?- draft, Heyward? draft, Drummond? draft, Towns and Davis? draft, John Wall, Bradley Beale , Porzingis

compare that to- some very high level guys- but a LOT LESS frequently- free agency- LeBron- Durant, Horford, Lowry, Howard, Aldridge,

there will be of course free agents that move- itll just become less and less and less likely- just as it already has been.
I'm so desperate, I don't even need a Melo, Gallo, Porter type player.

I'd be happy to get Shabazz Muhammad.

That's how far down the rabbit hole I've tumbled.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I refuse to fall victim to a thing called " hope ".

Leave me be with my constant companion, known as despair.

:wtf2:...You sure you aren't a Browns fan?:noidea:Because that's how I've felt every year since 1999. And it's very frustrating to know that my teams season is over after the 1st preseason game each season.:L

This will be my Browns avatar for the upcoming season...

imagesNEVXI4U4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.